tuscl

Can we have a moment of silence please!

Today being Veteran's Day I thought that this was a day of repect and thank yous for Veterans like me , but no here is a link about how the City of Detroit hopes to control the strip club scene in the city. Thank goodness it does not apply to the suburbs in Wayne county - suburbs like Romulus, Inkster, and Southgate

http://freep.com/article/20091111/NEWS01…

5 comments

• elvis2
    15 years ago
    I thank all of you Veterans.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    A couple strip clubs I know waive cover charges if you show your military id.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Was in a club last night where the door man waived the fee for a vet.
    God bless tghe veterans. Strip clubs are part of what we're fighting to protect!
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    slickpeter, fortunately as you know, the ordinance wasn't voted on. If I ever see Councilwoman Sheila Cockrel again, I'll buy the lady a drink for her walking out of the Council session during the debate over the ordinance, preventing a vote.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    haha
    -I also applaud Sheila Cockrel, as do most others.. These people are trying to earn an honest living. If people disapprove, they don't need to go to these places. Or is this religious institution trying to force the dancers into prostitution? One person says she thinks they can do better, but offers nothing. If the NEW City Council doesn't recognize the need to protect the job of every single honest worker in Detroit and MIchigan, you just may see me outside City Hall carrying MY sign:" Say no to drugs. Say yes to lapdancing, the all natural cure for erectile dysfunction."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion