tuscl

What is a dollar parade??

I may be alittle bit off base here --- coming from the Detroit area ---but what is a dollar parade?? Have never seen one at any club in the metro Detroit area. Here the chicks come right up to you and with a between the legs handshake entice you right back to the so called VIP area and offer you all of the mileage you can want!

Nobody worries about a good lap dance or an air-dance ----it is all about the menu and getting Mr. Happy satisfied :)

16 comments

• Clubber
    15 years ago
    "What is a dollar parade??" Just another scam to suck money out of our wallets.
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    Have never seen one ---here in Detroit the only dollars go to the waitresses for a tip----the dancers do a great job of cleaning out your billfold in the back room ---no need for a dollar parade
  • krazy88
    15 years ago
    Being from New Jersey I know all to well what the dollar parade is. The dollar parade is when the girls are done dancing on stage and they start to go around the bar(if thats the layout) from the inside getting dollars from everyone there. They will usually do a little dance for you. Now some of the places I've been to, the girls will let you put the dollar in their cleavage or on the side of their thongs allowing for some what of contact. Other girls have literally take the dollar right out of my hand with theirs.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I am guessing a dollar parade is where you have the girls go around giving $1 table dances for 30 seconds then the DJ announces "next" and the girls go around to a different guy. They are also called "dollar dances" and some clubs call it "$2 dances"

Another guess is when a girl gets off stage and goes around asking everyone for a $1 even if they were not sitting at the tip rail. I have not been to the Detroit clubs so this is just a guess.
  • how
    15 years ago
    I've heard this type of thing called "Roll Call." All dancers gather at the stage, the DJ calls out their names, and they then make their way around the room giving brief lappers for dollars.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Dollar parade can be girls going around the outside (sometimes the inside of the bar depending ont the club setup) for you to put a dollar between their tits. I've seen it as an organized part of the going stage to stage then off stage to parade for dollars, and I've seen it where it is random or part of the girls searching for dances. It might be a PA-NJ thing, not sure if it happens elsewhere?

With the economic issues of Detroit, wouldn't they call it Quarter parade?
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Is the PA-NJ dollar parade something you can ignore, or is it an obvious approach? If you are sitting at the bar do they still approach? I would like to only tip the girls I like, not everyone on parade.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I'd describe dollar parade as an obvious approach, most of the time a routine of the bar as you sit there. You always can decide who you want to give a tip to, but it would involve telling the girl "no tip for you" (which makes you feel the same as not tipping a waitress, if the girl is rude it's a whole lot easier to justify not giving a dollar).

It's customary to give the dollar but say no to the lap dance from someone you dont want. These dollars can add up if some ask for $2 or $3 and come back the next time they are off stage, you could easily end up spending $20 or $30 an hour on dollar tips if you dont limit it to a dollar.
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    On the subject of a Detroit Quarter parade, even with the horrible economy here in Detroit I never have seen any change (coinage) ever used in a club here ---it amazes me that everything comes in full dollar prices. Of course the dances are always priced in multiples of that famous twenty dollar bill. The dancers are however complaining about a recession in business and are wondering when they will get an Obama financial stimulus! I tell them that they have to file an income tax report to hope to get something back
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    In Detroit the dancer must stimulate my package in order to get money.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    SuperD- I knew the country's stimulus went somewhere. Everybody, Detroit's receiving all the stimulus!
  • jguy
    15 years ago
    A further comment on the NJ situation is that the same girls will circulate 3 and 4 times looking for a $1. Multiply this by two or three girls circulating at a time. I don't mind tipping a $1 but after the 2nd or third time in as little as 5 minutes it gets old. The dollar parade was always there, but it has gotten worse with the influx of the Eastern European girls. I get jealous hearing of the situations elsewhere in the country.

In an hours time it is possible to go through $40 in singles! This is
    without a single lapdance. It is pretty difficult to avoid the tipping since at some of the bars the only seating is at the bar and this is where the girls circulate.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    jguy- It's alot easier to say no to them if they come back every 5-15 minutes, I will always give them a dollar (sometimes $2 if I feel it's appropriate) but dont give them any more for at least 30-45 minutes.

Pigeons at the park or sea gulls at the board walk are very similiar to dollar parade, please dont over feed the pigeons!
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Is the PA-NJ dollar parade something you can ignore, or is it an obvious approach?"

Sure, you can say "No", but don't expect to get any attention from that girl for the rest of the night. As had been said before, the Eastern European girls are quite aggressive, and sitting at the bar won't save you from them. It's a racket IMO.
  • denver.guy.37
    15 years ago
    These are horrible. They do them at a club in Milwaukee called on the border. Makes me want to run and hide.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Now imagine them happening at every strip club you go to in a 3 state area, welcome to PA-NJ-DE.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion