tuscl

bathroom attendents

10inches
Florida
Monday, March 23, 2009 5:07 PM
what do you guys think about bathroom attendents? feels kinda creepy to have someone stand around and watch you take a piss. know it's a crappy job but seems like they make a lot of money. i always tip a dollar just 'cause i feel sorry for some poor smuck who spends his day staning around in the shitter

26 comments

• how
    15 years ago
    There is no reason for attendance in the men's room. I resent when they are there, but typically tip them if I'm in such a club that has them.
  • icedawg
    15 years ago
    i get annoyed by them. i can wash my hands, even with soap and ry off. All by myself, thank you. learned in 4th grade. i think.
  • imnumnutz
    15 years ago
    there should be a law...
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I don't like them and discourage their presence by not tipping them. I think that some clubs might employ them to deter drug trafficking and use. Although my experience has been that most of this is done in the dressing room.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    I can't see how anyone would like this in a club. I do not tip them as I do not want to encourage this type of activity. I have been to some seedy clubs that have them as well as some fancy ones so I am not sure what the reason behind their existance is. Probably is used as a way for customers to subsidize cleaning of restrooms by tipping a low paid attendant.
  • Tucker40
    15 years ago
    Attendants are absolutely silly and a way to grab another dollar -- just like the tip jar at the door where you tip the girl a buck for taking your money. That being said, it's especially cold to not tip the attendant if you take anything.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Negative: For guys who routinely practice personal hygene (sp?) the attendant is unnecessary, intrusive and just another person with his hand out. Positve: Have you ever been in a club on a crowded night and used an unattended mens room? What a filthy mess! So having someone inside to clean up after the guys who have no "home training" is a benefit to the rest of us. The mints, chewing gum and cologne sprays are nice touches. (Yes, a machine dispenser could do the job.) In some clubs you can purchase condoms (on the QT) from the attendant if the VIP visit is about to get serious and you are unprepared. This is a hold over from the country club locker room attendant, a necessary prop for the "gentleman's club."
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    I never tip them. I can't be in a room where someone else is taking a dump. It's a hangup from my military days. I found the lack of privacy beyond humiliating. I can't even conceive being in a room where you breathe in the vapor of someone else's biomatter.
  • zorro
    15 years ago
    I never tip them with the hope that this will be discouraging and cause the club to eliminate them.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    I've never run into a female attendant in the ladies room (thank goodness), but I did have just one encounter with the men's room troll. I was out of gum and checking out the vending machine (conveniently located near the men's room). The bathroom attendant popped his head out & asked me what I needed. I told him, and he whisked me into the men's room to check out his selection of gum. Ew. Not a place I really wanted to be. The looks on the guys coming in & out was priceless. Anyways - after having to stand there and have the poor bored guy yap at me about everything under the sun, I selected my stick of gum. He proceeded to charge me $1 for the single slice...and then wanted a tip. I just wanted out so I gave him $2 and bolted out of there. Now I ALWAYS check my gum supply before heading inside a club.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I used to tip expecting to strike up a stimulating conversation with someone who knows a thing or two about the club, but slowly learned that they are not insiders to the clubs. Now I only tip a $1 if I take something from his inventory (i.e. gum, cig, mint, etc.) I like the way Kahoot's (in Columbus, OH) has two sinks. One with an attendant and the other one with nobody. So if I just want to wash my hands, I can go to the other sink.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Attendant charged you a buck for a single stick of gum, lopaw? That's just criminal. You were too kind to give that second dollar...
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    I don't care for them either but in the Detroit area you might as well get used to them because most of the better clubs have them. I believe their original purpose was to discourage drug use especially marijuana smoking and to quickly handle any other problems which may occur such as people passing out or throwing up. Now they have become a business where the business owner pays the club owner for the ability to set up shop in the mens room. That is why a stick of gum is $1. I always tip the attendant if they actually provide some service like handing me a paper towel to dry my hands. I figure in most cases he is just an employee with one of the worst jobs imaginable plus I'm already at a strip club spending bundles of money so what's another couple of bucks.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I'm not particularly fond of them and I try to avoid them as much as possible, but at the one club I visit which has one, I always tip them a dollar if I get something, usually a mint, but they have suckers you can get, plus they have a wide array of stuff there that I would never get there. I got to know one of them they used to have there (before he got another job), and he was just as much an independent contractor as the dancers were, only had was clueless about various dancers.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    I like 'em. Keeps the restrooms nice and clean. Disgusting are the restrooms without 'em. An excellent deal, imo, for the $1.
  • husker71
    15 years ago
    I always tip $1. I figure thats a job that somebody must really need the money, I know I would not want to do it. An extra $3 is not going to kill me for my night out. I always use their cologne and mouthwash
  • Slothrop
    15 years ago
    What an existence: you're working in a topless bar and all night long you only see men taking a piss. What kind of person takes a job like that? The convenience store wasn't hiring for the all-night shift? I leave the poor schmuck a tip as long as he doesn't bother me with idiotic small-talk or hand me an unsolicited tissue.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    I'm mostly with Super Dude on this one. A good number of clubs don't have 'em on day shift, reserve them mainly for peak night hours. I'm not creeped out by them, generally tip if they're not too obtrusive, and have good selection of mints/cologne/gum, etc. I cut a little bit of slack, its not a good job. I've been handed free passes to club on more than 1 occasion by BR attd. Yet, a discerning guy like myself (lol) can generally discern the difference between a cool low key yet useful when needed type vs an obtrusive just lookin' for handout type, and adjust my tip behavior accordingly.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "What an existence: you're working in a topless bar and all night long you only see men taking a piss. What kind of person takes a job like that? The convenience store wasn't hiring for the all-night shift?" A desperate person? A perverted person? A desperate and perverted person? LOL! :) I can imagine some of the customers demanding the poor gentleman hold and aim for 'em. Is it worth it for a $100 tip? OK, a $1,000 tip? Last offer: You get to wear gloves plus a $1,000 tip. This begs the Ann Landers question: How much do you tip 'em for a hand job? The few that I've spoken with seem very nice even when they know that I only tip a $1. The most horrible obtrusive act that has been foisted upon me besides nice clean facilities? They turn the sink faucet on and off so that I don't need to dirty my hands. I hear some have a fetish for licking pussy and the dancers pay 'em for this service so the job does have its perks e.g. licking pussy for pay and it rougher side e.g. holding occasional johnsons. Of course, some of the men I know were probably consider both perks---they don't mind blubber so they're very hardy types.
  • PBTC
    15 years ago
    I could do without them. BTW, has anyone EVER used the brushes or combs laying there? Yuck!
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    My favorite club has flat screen TV's above the urinals, ash trays next to them and automatic flushing. It also has soap dispensers and hot air dryers for your hands, etc. What they do need is a troll to open the door for you when leaving because the guy in front of you did not wash his hands.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "I could do without them. BTW, has anyone EVER used the brushes or combs laying there? Yuck!" My guy had new free individually packaged and hermetically sealed combs and for the bigger leaguers (in wallet and hair) he had brushes of all types with cleanliness of course a priority. First class all the way. Need to be smelling your best? Get the right scent or deodorant for your sweat by having him perform a simple test with real Q-Tips. ;) Does it work? I think it helps him earn real tips from the fastidious so yeah at least in that sense it works. Of course, some customers just don't like hygiene in a stripclub and moreso in the men's room. The germs and smell are sacrosanct and as a real life Mr. Clean the attendant is public enemy No. 1. I think I'll give a couple of cases of Lysol for my guy to spray on the recalcitrant custys----the dancers might not even object to losing those types.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "What they do need is a troll to open the door for you when leaving because the guy in front of you did not wash his hands." He doesn't do that? How uncivilized and uncouth.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    OK, my bad. The gentleman in question probably spits and polishes the door handle after each patron departs. Thus no dirty door handles to contend with. And, if he ain't keeping the door handle sparkling cleaned after each customer (washed hands or not) his head should be on a platter. Yes, I realize blood is messy. Sometimes doing the right thing ain't pretty especially if you be dealing with a punk that don't know his job---idiot oughta just get welfare instead of polluting the job market.
  • zippy62
    15 years ago
    I understand them in 5 star restaurants but not in a 2 star strip joint. Like others, I think they are there mostly to keep 'things' from happening in there. If you've every seen what goes on in the bathrooms of some regular bars can you imagine what might go on in a strip club bathroom? I'd rather not for the most part. Also, I believe it is illegal to put cameras in bathrooms. BTW, in Paris and some other European cities they sometimes have attendants in the men's room but they are always (as far as I have seen) female. Older and matronly so don't get too excited. They mostly look like the woman that served you mystery meat back in the school cafeteria (they all look the same right?). It was a bit unsettling the first time I was standing at a urinal in Paris, heard someone sweeping the floor behind me and turned around to find a 60ish year old woman pushing that broom.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    Believe it or not, I've never actually been in a place (strip club or not) that had a bathroom attendant in the USA or Canada. They were extremely common in Italy though...they even charged you for the "priviledge" of using their facilities (that usually had no toilet seats BTW). Eat a mint or a stick of gum from the bathroom?? Ewwwww... I am usually very impressed if a strip club has a reasonably clean bathroom though, which is quite the rarity IMO. I'm always amazed at the number of guys that never wash their hands after being in the bathroom though...if the dancers only knew...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion