tuscl

Playhouse Lounge

Slothrop
Florida
Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:44 PM
This Burlington, NJ club appears to be attracting nothing but incredibly good "10" ratings. Why, it's almost as if some kind of coordinated campaign had been organized. I'm sure it's a great place...but nothing but "10's" over and over and over. I don't think I've ever seen it before on this site.

21 comments

• nj_pete
    15 years ago
    It has been on this site for years, has many many reviews a few of them low grades but most reviewers grade this place as a 7 or 8 overall. While I do agree there ahave been a number of recent 10 reviews, I dont think its a coordinated effort. I've been to that club probably 20 times or so and although I would not give it a 10, it does get consistantly good reviews from me.
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    It seems like a lot of Playhouse reviews have hit this board over the last week. True, Playhouse is one of the most-reviewed NJ clubs and happens to be among the best -- maybe the best -- we've got. That said though, the most recent reviews don't seem to have been written by guys who have been going to clubs for very long. While the PH is a really good club, there are definitely downsides to it, too (read the reviews if you want to know them). Four of the most recent reviewers (crazyeights, nebukanazzer, cems and mi2hap) have all joined TUSCL in the last 10 days. Among them, they have submitted 9 reviews. All 9 have been for the Playhouse. Maybe it's a campaign, but I think it's just a group of friends having some fun and talking up a club that's probably new to them. At least they're reviewing a club that's worthy of the reviews.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "but nothing but "10's" over and over and over." Happy endings apparently abound there...hence the 10s from newbies apparently.
  • StripShopper
    15 years ago
    I've been to this club within the last couple of years...and I specifically sought out this club due to its' reviews. And Like now...the reviews were way over inflated and very suspicious in the high level of ratings. The club in all honesty rates really low to the following reasons: 1) Large number of old dancer's past their prime. 2) The constant dollar parade...you get soaked at this club by just sitting there, and you can't escape it without getting major attitude. 3) The size of the club is really small....you can fit 8 PLs into the Greenville Platinum club. 4) At the time you had booths that you went into that had timed music....and it was a very strict 4 minutes for $30. 5) Every girl that I got dances from conducted themselves like ROBs. and Finally, 6) This club should have been the back drop for the Sapranos...Really!, don't do anything in this club to bring attention to yourself. So, with a resounding "YES" the reviews for this club are being purposely padded. Look I travel everywhere...there is no doubt in my mind about what is said about this club versus other clubs throughout the country. It has happened in the past and its still happening. This club is in direct competition with other clubs around that area...but you don't a thing about them. If you really want a club worth visiting in the area...go to the Player's Lounge in Baltimore just a short drive south.
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    And the ratings padding continues ..... jimmynj joins TUSCL on 3/17. First review? Yup, the Playhouse Lounge. Ratings: 10/10/10. Newbies.....
  • nj_pete
    15 years ago
    Agreed, seemsn to be a campaign or somthing, alfter looking more closely at the reviews, especially since one new guy calls himself "Playhouse lounger" and since 3 or 4 all joined TUSCL the same day (3/17). Maybe its one guy?
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    It seems to me that the club does not need a shill. It has always been known for HJ's from Brazilians. What never seems to be covered in the reviews is at what cost? Sure they all say $30 for a lap dance but they don't say how many dances they had to do to get off or if they had to pay extra for it.
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    Month # of Reviews Ave. score DEC 17 7.98 JAN 13 8.12 FEB 9 8.96 MAR so far 29 9.66 Look kinda fishy to me.
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    OK that last one didn't work to well so I'll try again. Month-----# of Reviews-----Ave. score DEC -----------17------------7.98 JAN -----------13------------8.12 FEB ------------9------------8.96 MAR so far ----29------------9.66 Look kinda fishy to me.
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    The Playhouse's ratings are obviously getting a lift with all these "10" reviews in March, which leads me to suggest that Founder make a small change to the site. TUSCL doesn't give you a free month of VIP credit for a review if it's for a club which you had reviewed in the past 30 days. However, the review will still be posted. Herein lies the problem - I would suggest that the 30-day rule apply to the ratings as well, so that if someone submits 5 reviews for a club within 30 days, the ratings on those "non-VIP-eligible" reviews would be displayed but would NOT get factored into the club's overall rating. This change obviously wouldn't stop someone from creating 30 different TUSCL aliases and submitting a review under each one, but it would stop the "ratings inflation" created by the ones who persistently review clubs every few days.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    JJ, This is already being done. If I review a club 10 times and rate it a 10 on each review my average rating is 10. If you review it once and give it a 2, your average rating is 2. Add the average ratings (12) and divide by the number of reviewers (2) and you get (6). 6 Is the overall rating shown on TUSCL. Got it?
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    Shadow -- I hate to be a stickler, but you can't average averages (well, you can, but the result doesn't reflect reality). In your scenario, 10 reviews with a rating of 10 each plus 1 review with a rating of 2 gives 11 total reviews with an aggregate rating total of 102 (10x10 + 1x2). That averages out to almost 9.3 (102 divided by 11), not the 6 that you state above. So, the guys who keep submitting "10" ratings in their reviews keep driving up the aggregate total, which in turn drives up the overall rating.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    JJ, my bad. It should have been 10+1 (11) divided by 2 reviewers equals 5.5. To illustrate, go to the Columbia SC Platinum Plus home page. My favorite club btw. It shows 589 reviews. Now go to the TUSCL top 10 rated topless clubs. It shows PP with 160 reviews. This should more correctly read 160 reviewers. This means that 160 reviewers have submitted a total of 589 reviews. If you added up the ratings of any reviewer and divided it by the number of reviews he did, that would be his average. Then add up all of the averages for all 160 reviewers and divide it by 160 it would equal 8.196. Why do you think that Playhouse Lounge is not in the top 10 on any list? Also there is a minimum numbers of reviewers to qualify for the top 10. I believe that is 10. It is easier to change the ranking of a club, if there are few reviewers. Lets say a guy opens a new club. He shills it with a 10 rating. He could go to the top of the list, if it wasn't for the safe guards. Now, 10 other guys see the 10 rating and rush to the club. They think it sucks and each rate it a 1. Add up the 10 rating and the 10 one ratings and you get 20. divide that by 11 reviewers. Can you see why the club has now dropped to the 10 worst rated clubs?
    15 years ago
    If you take a look at my reviews of Playhouse you'll see I give it typically a 7.5-8. I downrate it a bit for the overall quality of the girls, many not that attractive, older, and/or heavy. And the place is somewhat of a dive inside. Common practice is no tip for handjobs. I tipped on my first visit,didn't know any better, and then got the 411 from some regulars. I've never had a girl ask for a tip there. Depends on the girl and the guy but I've gotten off on a single song with some girls. Twice in my most recent visit in fact. One girl seems to be able to time things to finish at the exact end of the four minute "song", which is timed by the club. Some delay things, some don't do handjobs, etc. Good club overall but I don't think I've ever given any club higher than a 8.5, maybe not even that.
  • founder
    15 years ago
    Shadowcat is close to correct on describing how we do ratings here at tuscl. I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that it is NOT a simple average of the reviews. There are about 8 factors that establish a club's rating. hth F
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    59, thanks for the clarification. You reinforced what I have always suspected. founder, thanks for the clarification. I was trying to keep it simple. I know of your other safeguards. My lips are sealed. Btw my page shows me as member since Dec 26, 2006. Actually I go back 5+ years before that in a former life.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    They take into account the length of time that a reviewer has been with TUSCL, and, I think, how many reviews that reviewer has done in total as well. It's a very secretive process at this point, and like I've said before...I think it yeilds less than favorable results. Strip clubs come & go from the Top 10 lists very frequently it seems.
  • uscue13
    15 years ago
    Looks to me like a few dancers probably got on here to boost their customer base. A lot of the same names are thrown out in the reviews. Figure the rating gets high enough that people come visit and look for those girls
  • how
    15 years ago
    Shills dilute the value of numerical ratings, but their narratives are easily spotted for the BS they are. You can easily ignore them.
  • jayc
    15 years ago
    Having been & reviewed this club before, I can say the club has slowed up quite a bit these last 3 or 4 months. Playhouse is one of the better NJ clubs, with Cheeks being the other one I go to alot, in its defense & usually scores a 8 or 9 rating. I would tend to agree they are getting alot of hype reviews recently. I can vouch the extras have picked up quite a bit recently and have had a few great visits. Probably is an over hype campaign for the club, but some of the hype has some merit.
  • jayc
    15 years ago
    BTW why I think there is truth to coordinated hype campaign, some of the shorter recent reviews look very similiar to posts made same day at the other Strip Club List. I also know with strip club industry being slower, one dancer was asking if could spread the word out there, probably something.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion