tuscl

Falling off the stage

gk
Florida
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:30 AM
Yesterday I was visiting my favorite club and all of a sudden one of the more attractive younger dancers (8, cute, thin but sexy) was doing floor work on the stage and rolls over the railing, bounces off the bar stools and nearby table chairs and sits up with a wtf look on her face. The manager quickly put on another girl so she could go to the back, but then he disappeared. I know her so I went over to see if she was OK. She seemed stunned, embarrassed, and a little HIGH, no surprise there. So the question for the group is--how many of you have seen this happen and what stories anc you tell us.

16 comments

• DandyDan
    16 years ago
    There was one time I remember it happening, but it was clear she was drunk.
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    I was at a club in Austin Texas. I went up to tip this real cutie. The stage had a rail that extended about four inches from the stage floor. As the cutie went up to the rail, her platform hooked on the rail and she took a header, landing on me. There was laughing in the club, and we were both embarassed. I found a seat in a dark area and tried to be invisible. Offstage, the girl found me and offered a free LD to make up for her oops. This compounded my embarassment because I had less than ten bucks in my wallet, so I declined and fled the club.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    I've told the long version on here, before, so I'll keep it short this time. The club had a pole and a fixed trapeze that dancer would swing on. One dancer, a "bit" heavy, was doing so when it and she came crashing down. She fell on her BUTT and I'm sure that kept her from getting hurt. She just got up , kicked the trapeze aside and finished her set. Dudester, Not sure why you would be embarrassed, but that said, "free" means you do not need money. Assuming you had tipped her on stage, then accept the dance THEN move on.
  • ozymandias
    16 years ago
    Once or twice. Those stages are actually pretty high and can feel pretty narrow - a friend of mine used to own a strip club, and we used to hang out there when it was closed during the afternoon; I got up on one of the stages once, just for the perspective, and it felt pretty high up. I imagine with fuck-me shoes, it's even worse. Just think of the last time you fell 3 or 4 feet - it can be a pretty nasty spill. O.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Urban legend: Heard the story, from a dancer who claimed to be an eyewitness, about the dancer who slipped off the pole and landed on the bar. Her fake saline boobs broke open. OUCH.
  • BaddJack
    16 years ago
    Many years ago, me and my best club buddy were at a tiny, nasty joint in SW Missouri. Two girls, one stage with a low ceiling. Younger girl (intentionally?) hip-checks older and sexier one as they are passing on stage. Old gal falls head first onto my buddy and is stunned nearly unconscious. Dude is a doctor. No shit. Club calls an ambulance, and he performs first aid and gives his card to the EMT in case the ER physician has any questions. We stay all night and drink for free cuz he is such a hero. Later, she calls him, and repeatedly thanks him, though it may have been hard to discern her exact words, cuz his dick was usually in her mouth. She has been is 20+ year paramour to this day and she has aged better than us.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    I have seen a couple of accidents. None serious. I blame them damn shoes. Why do the clubs demand the dancers to wear them? They all take them off for a private dance. I don't look at a dancers feet for stimulation. So why not just wear casual shoes? Like the girl next door.
  • dallas702
    16 years ago
    Few weeks ago I stopped in a small, small town, club shortly after it opened. Just 3 girls there, one I knew and two on stage learning pole tricks. While I sat with the more experienced one we watched the other 2 trying spins and leg holds. They slipped and muffed several moves, lots of giggles and laughter, until one of them climbed the pole and, trying to hang upside down, slipped and hit the small stage - hard! I jumpd up (barely keeping from dumping my lady in the floor) and leaned over the stage rail to check on the girl who was flat on her back with one leg hanging off the stage. She remained very still for several moments and the club got very quiet. I checked her pulse and breathing and she turned her head toard me and said, "Ouch!" Then she pulled out the side of her g-string for a tip. Fortuately, she was not hurt, and as I helped her up her laughter started everyone else laughing. I was informed by the manager that customers were not allowed on stage (he was grinning) and all three dancers took a break sitting with me. I did NOT get any extras, or free lap dances, or even a free beer. After BaddJack's story I think I'll go back and ask for a reward!
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Through the years I've seen four dancers take a header off the stage. As long as no one gets hurt it can be hillarious! I also have seen Angus Young fall off the stage at Poplar Creek. That little mother fucker kept right on with his solo even though some dummies from the crowd monkey piled on him. Good times.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    In an Orlando AC/DC tour a few years ago, Angus puked while lying down spinning around and playing "Hell's Bells". Never missed a note that time either. And in the crowd, there were the amateur "strippers". All, a great evening!
  • snowtime
    16 years ago
    In my years of clubbing I can remember it happening twice. In both csses the dancers were drunk and seemed little for the worse when they got back on their feet. I'm sure both had major bruises in the morning. All in all this seems like a fairly common event, not unexpected given the mix of rediculously long high heels and drunk dancers on an elevated platform.
  • gk
    16 years ago
    Shadowcat's right, the fuck-me shoes are almost criminal! They are a disaster in waiting everytime a dancer get's onstage, let alone walks around the club. I saw a friend of mine take a spill yesterday afternoon from shoes. And the shoes they sell now are not that well made in many cases. They straps start to loosen up after a few weeks and become prime safety issues. That was the problem I witnessed yesterday.
  • Anna
    16 years ago
    Don't blame the shoes...I like to do housework in them...blame the girl that was onstage before them with some oily ass lotion on...hate that. <3 Frankie
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    Being a Marine, I agree with Shadowcat (foot care is of utmost importance to Marines). Also, I work at a company absolutely obsessed with safety. Given the ugliness involved if OSHA gets involved, if I owned a club I'd have the girls wear practical shoes-perhaps even sneakers (to go with the teenybopper costume) to avoid risk and trouble.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    I once saw a dancer go to the edge of a high stage in front of a customer. She slipped near an empty section and fell hard off the stage. I could hear her hit the floor hard. I was wondering if she broke a leg since she hit pretty hard. She didn't get up. A bouncer ran over and carried her off somewhere. I've heard about a dancer falling on her butt but getting right back up but everyone laughing at her. A dancer told me or asked me if I saw her do this. Unfortunately I missed it. I would have liked to watch. As it was she wanted to keep talking to me since I didn't see it.
  • Golfer3166
    16 years ago
    In the old Million Dollar Fantasy Ranch in Missouri, a very drunk dancer (this is a juice bar by the way lol) leaned over to get a tip from me and did a complete flip landing directly in my lap, her 6 inch heels missed my face by about 1 inch. She was stunned, bumped her head on the edge of the stage and took out about 3 drinks but laughed it off. The manager gave me a couple of free tickets to get in next time. All in all funny but I'm not sure how the insurance claim would have gone if her heel had taken out my eye.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion