tuscl

Has any city recovered to pre-pandemic looks & mileage?

JasonMckin
California
The pandemic and the new Patreon/Onlyfans/Loyalfans economy has taken a lot of talent offline. Is there any place you've found where your experience is back to what it is before the pandemic? AFAIK its been pretty bad. I wonder if there is even a bit of review score inflation, because everyone is just adapting a new normal of poorer looks and mileage. 2018/2019 feels like a fantasy compared to state of affairs today. And prices are ridiculous too. It's a dream to imagine what you could get for a single Ben Franklin in VIP before. Maybe price is a lost cause, but has any place in North America recovered to its pre-pandemic levels of talent and service? Or do you think it's never coming back and we just have to suck it up to a new normal?

19 comments

• founder
    5 days ago
    I think once guys realize how much better contact is, strip clubs will get back to normal. Probably will take a few years.
  • funonthaside
    5 days ago
    I'm certainly not seeing a lack of opportunities. In fact, the girls seem to be more accommodating and desperate these days.
  • Icey
    5 days ago
    I think clubs are oversaturated with girls. So you hace to do a lot more weeding out now a days. Price wise the problem is that its a conflict between clubs and girls. Clubs are prics gouging customers as well as girls with high house fees making them sell drinks or sections etc. i dont think the cureent model is sustainable given that we're at the point where people just dont have money to spend
  • Sgtsnowman
    5 days ago
    Tropical Lei in Upland, Ca might be roughly equivalent to what it was before 2020.
    Although I recall it being more crowded before 2020 in terms of dancers and customers, the girls looked decent on my last visit a few weeks ago. Definitely fewer customers than I recall. Service wise it seemed the same, prices being the breaking point now. Not availability.
  • rattdog
    5 days ago
    i noticed in the ny/nj area what i was paying for during 2020 and before i'm now having to pay at least 40 bucks extra for the same experiences. before 2020 i would have about 5-6 girls to choose from out of the 4-5 clubs i would frequent. today it's just 1-2 from 2-3 clubs. and if those 1-2 girls weren't around i have to go and hit the streets.
  • Hank Moody
    4 days ago
    Short answer to the OP is no, at least in the cities in which I’ve been in. Baltimore, DC, Chicago, Vegas, Tampa. All have seen inflation, downgrade in talent or both. That said, there are more girls in the Baltimore clubs these days, like in the last year. Prices are still up and I haven’t seen too much desperation for extras yet, but I sense it’s coming. More girls dancing and less guys spending will eventually balance the demand and supply curves.

Based on Vegas reviews, some clubs are bringing back the free limo no cover deal and floor dances. I’ll be out there later this month to see.
  • blahblahblahs
    4 days ago
    The lineup at my favorite club is better now than it was a year ago, and the club experience is still really good.

On the other extreme, I'm dropping a club from my rotation due to price huge increase. That particular club looked slow when I was in there, so price increases seem stupid. However, I haven't been visiting on weekend nights.
  • Estafador
    4 days ago
    the more expensive life is the less likely people are going to the stripper club. the only way it'll make a comback is if men wise up that they'll never get with their favorite OF and even AVNs or whatever other ways to meet adult entertainer live won't get them inthe girls pantalones.

I'd say strip clubs will wise up and lower cost, but many businesses have shown when the going gets tuff, they simply raise prices further ostracizing themselves from the public. And so far the only clubs that have a visible (key word: visible) influx of wealthy and psuedo-wealthy clienteles are clubs like ONXY, starlets orwhatever other black centric (really weird how there's a lot of latinas in these black centric) strip clubs while the less black friendly clubs will become a bit too quiet even if there new average baller is spending $1K a night. only because there won't be that many to go around for the ladies. and less clients means more women quit for OF, less strippers means less reason for clients to go, and the whole trickle down effect.
  • Estafador
    4 days ago
    this is just a theory of course. life doesn't work in a straight line.
  • twentyfive
    4 days ago
    The clubs I go to, mostly like Booby Trap, Cheetah, seem pretty good, most of the good clubs in this area (South Florida) are pretty much back, and doing well, of course a few have dropped off and two or three have closed. From accounts here though, it doesn’t seem to be the same across the country.
    I have noticed that OTC seems to be more prevalent than it used to be, that’s probably due to lessons learned from the pandemic.
  • mark94
    4 days ago
    My impression is the better clubs are getting good foot traffic but the spending on dances is down. In this economy, guys are willing to spend $50 for a night of looking and drinking but can’t spend $300-$500 for a more intimate experience.
  • Dolfan
    4 days ago
    I hit mostly the same clubs as 25 and have similar observations. Prices are a somewhat higher across the board, but the quality and quantity of girls and clubs is very similar, there was a brief period where it was higher when the clubs first re-opened but it quickly settled back to normal.

Mileage never really changed, we had an influx of low mileage girls from out of down upon first opening back up, but they didn't last long at all, literally a few weeks tops. Many more girls are quicker to bring up OTC and even more are open to it when asked, at first it seemed like the girls were just afraid of another lockdown and wanted to have customers on deck. But, it's persisted. Many girls seem to prefer OTC.
  • JamesSD
    3 days ago
    San Diego: Definitely yes, we have recovered for looks and mileage is as reliable as ever (admittedly mid except for Cheetah's dayshift). More importantly the cover charge and private dance cost have not gone up, despite being in a high Cost of Living area. My theory is the proximity to TJ keeps things in check, because 5 for $100 semi private with full groping besides pussy at the minimum sounds like a bargain compared to what most of you are paying.

I haven't been in a year nor was I there before the pandemic, but I felt like the girls in City of Industry were pretty rough looking as a bunch the last time I went.
    3 days ago
    Detroit west suburbs are mileage wise.
    Prices are up.

Looks are hit and miss. I think we probably romanticize the past having hotter women. Then again.... I don't remember nearly this many overweight dancers.
  • gammanu95
    3 days ago
    Florida, especially the red counties, took a slight hit, but have mostly recovered. This is due to minimal lockdown and a high cost of living. Women who might be able to live on their OnlyFans instead of stripping need to do both to cover their expenses in this area. The OP is from California, which was a high lockdown state. The girls who could create a successful online following have done so and the dancers who could not have left. I would wager you could find similar parallells between TX - FL and CA - MI.
  • captainfun
    3 days ago
    I agree with 3131 that we tend to recall things being better in the past - feels like a human nature thing, or at least I can relate.

In any event, agree that we see bigger bodies these days. The US has been ‘super sizing’ for way too long. It’s a health epidemic in our country.

Then again, there’s still a shit ton of hot women almost everywhere I go and while prices are up, mileage seems to be more accessible too. I was at Taboo and Breathless in NJ last Thursday night. Both with plenty of hot women.
  • drewcareypnw
    3 days ago
    Costs are up, but there are lots of willing extras dancers here in seattle. Looks seem about at the level they’ve always been, some hits and some misses.
  • iknowbetter
    3 days ago
    To follow up 25 and dolfan - specific to the popular south Florida clubs pre vs post COVID: Booby Trap Pompano = much bettter. Cheetah Pompano = same. Diamond Dolls = much worse. Tootsies = worse. Scarlets = about the same. All are now more expensive.

However, I don’t know if the decline of strip clubs is entirely due to COVID. I think the industry has been on a downward trajectory since the early 2000’s - for a variety of reasons, but this decline was definitely exacerbated by the pandemic.
  • chiefwiggum
    3 days ago
    I haven't been to a Chicago proper club in years, but from the reviews, it sounds like it still sucks. Outside of Chicago, i.e. Polekatz, Industrial Strip (but now trending towards all latina), Atlantis, and 390 are all roughly the same as they used to be (Atlantis is trending more Latina and a lot of long-time regulars are gone, both have periodic ebb and flow). Blackjacks in Elgin is better in terms of talent, but mileage is still pretty low (better than Chicago).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion