tuscl

Where are all the older reviews?

rosco2
Missouri
Hi, enjoy this site a lot, but have a question about a strip club in Brooklyn, Illinois.

I am wondering where the March 2006 review of "PT's Brooklyn" went? It was lengthy and *very* informative. The author was ScottTUSL. I would often refer back to his review every 3 or 4 months--there was so much good, detailed information about the club in that review.

But now I find that the oldest review for PT's Brooklyn is dated May, 2006. Are the older reviews deleted, archived, or lost forever? I wish I would have known about their unexpected disappearances so I could have copied that particular, superb review that had so much good information in it.

14 comments

• DandyDan
    16 years ago
    I think on one hand, the reviews they show on a given strip club page are only for the last two years, meaning the earliest review they would show is on April, 4, 2006 (as of this moment). On the other hand, if you could find ScottTUSL's user page, they ought to have all of them he ever did.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    I think Founder recently got rid of some of the older reviews from the strip club pages in order to make the club ratings more "current". You can always use the Strip Club Search function above to find clubs, cities, and/or reviewers by name. Here's the review that you wanted to see:
    http://www.tuscl.com/userinfo.php?UserID…

Enjoy...
  • rosco2
    16 years ago
    Thanks for that great help. I did find the informative, older review on ScottTUSCL's user page. Thanks again to both of you.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    i bring you guys the question. how do i easily access the oldest reviews of a given club such as hong kong tijuana which currently at 659?
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Unless you know who wrote the first review I don't think there is any other way. You could type Hong Kong into the search box but there's no way of telling which is the first review.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    thanks.
    ok. i typed in 'hong kong 2008' and got close to the beginning reviews. i then clicked the right arrows and found the oldest one showing is from june 18 2004. 132 pages of teviews.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    that review by watcher50 makes refference to more older reviews.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    tonySC has the oldest displayed hong kong review from a current active member.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    It looks like you figured it out. Yeah, the navigation tools are primitive, lol.

You can also manipulate the URL.
    + 5 reviews per page
    + 659 reviews
    + page 2 URL looks like : https://www.tuscl.net/club.php?id=3840&p…
    + page number is referenced in the URL
    + for mongers who grew up with slide rules the arithmetic is easy to do in one's head : 659/10 ~=65, . . 65x2=130. There are still 9 reviews unaccounted for, at 5 per page, the starting page is page 132.
    + so use : https://www.tuscl.net/club.php?id=3840&p…

^^ That's what I do. Your way involves no math though, lol!

As for the older, missing club reviews and forum posts .. I think at some point either the Tuscl database was truncated or perhaps our ability to query or retrieve the oldest items from the database was lost. That is just my wild-assed-guess, though. Don't take it as truth! I simply do not know.

Why are you interested in reviews that are 10 years older or more? Do you still find the information useful or relevant, today? Or is it more for historical curiosity? No judgement. No wrong answers.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    historical curiosity.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Me, too. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    AFAIK reviews/threads only go back to 2004, IDK if Founder has older ones stored offline?

Thanks for that clever way to search for things Dominic
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    8 years ago
    Somewhat related: If you want to read reviews of a club that has closed, you can still access that club by entering its name in the search bar with (closed) next to it. Maybe that works without the parentheses, but I've been able to get to several closed clubs in that fashion. But, you have to spell the name of the club exactly as it was spelled when it was posted.

For example, I have not been able to find closed club, "Baby Dolls" in Pomona, CA It closed around 2006. That was long before my TUSCL membership. I don't even remember if it was spelled as one or two words, such as "Baby Dolls," "Babydolls Theater," or whatever. So I haven't been able to find it. Any So. Cal members know if that club was ever even listed on TUSCL?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ sometimes instead of using the TUSCL search box I'll use Google instead and that will actually help me to easier to come up w/ an old TUSCL page of a closed club.

I typed "Baby Dolls Pomona" into Google and did not get a TUSCL hit for that club but Yelp listed the club's name as "Babydolls Theatre".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion