tuscl

Aggressive Dancers

Ladies,
A man wants to walk into a club sit down with his drink and scope the scene out.
It is not a good business practice to approach someone as they enter the club and ask if they want a dance or buy you a drink.
Give it a few minutes and be playful at the bar and you will most likely be rewarded.
With all due respect we want to spend time with someone that we are attracted to at some level. It's a big turnoff to be treated like an atm. The money will flow better if you warm the customer up first.

21 comments

• Jascoi
    8 months ago
    Good advice.
  • Brahma2k
    8 months ago
    How about just say “no thank you, I’d like to chill for a bit, come back after I have a drink.”?

Isn’t it better to get approaches and have the choice to defer versus no approaches.
  • Dolfan
    8 months ago
    You're partially preaching to the choir, this site is mostly read by customers.

Also, I agree with your premise for my personal tastes, but I have to disagree about it being good business. The prevalence of that behavior, and the fact that girls do it for years, leads me to believe that it's profitable.

Even outside of strip clubs, a lot of customer hostile behavior is counter intuitively quite effective.
  • 5footguy
    8 months ago
    It's probably most effective with SC newcomers or those who only go rarely. They aren't as selective as they don't play the game as often. Because they won't be back for months or longer, getting to them quickly is probably the best way to get the money out of their wallet.
  • Hank Moody
    8 months ago
    The amount of customers complaining about aggressive dancer behavior is directly inverse to how hot the dancer is. Case closed.
  • boomer79
    8 months ago
    It depends. There is a sweet spot although the pushiest girls frequently are ones who would be less in demand. Rarely have I had an aggressive member of the A team to deal with.

Most dancers will take a polite line about just getting there or “chilling out a bit.” If they proceed with the hard sell You might have to be more direct about not being interested but usually it’s sufficient.
  • HoneyDewMelons
    8 months ago
    men are complaining that the ladies are too aggressive or too nonchalant its a mixed bag of what men want or what the ladies want to do,,,
  • motorhead
    8 months ago
    I think there’s a sweet spot that’s difficult to hit. I’ve probably had as many times when I’ve walked into a new club with a pocket full of cash to be never approached by a dancer for an hour or more as I’ve had to deal with an aggressive dancer.
  • drewcareypnw
    8 months ago
    Fwiw I don't like being pounced upon when I enter the sc.

However, if it really was a bad business practice they wouldn't do it for long. There is a success rate with this approach, you're just not in the target demo.
  • ilbbaicnl
    8 months ago
    For me it's more about HOW she rolls up, not when. If she's acting like she's selling a car with a rolled back odometer, I have to assume her dances will disappoint.

If she is wearing a bikini, or something equivalently revealing, and she doesn't come up from behind, I can decide right away if I want a dance. Otherwise, I have to see her on stage first. Maybe she has a beautiful soul, but I'm there primarily due to cruder desires.
  • twentyfive
    8 months ago
    I don’t mind that they’re aggressive, my personal preference is to approach the dancers that I find attractive, still as long as they’re respectful I don’t mind the girls that approach me, even though I usually don’t end up spending much time on them.
  • blahblahblah23
    8 months ago
    1. This is primarily a strip club customer/whoremonger site. So you aren't really reaching your audience.

2. I've been like that for years as in let the poor guy get a drink at least and sit down (if there's seats) before he gets pounced on.

3. A lot of chicks make a fuckton of money by being door vultures. It isn't my style, but I'm not gonna shame a high earning hot chick that does this. (I absolutely will shame ugly girls that door vulture because we all know that is the only way they make money)
  • 5footguy
    8 months ago
    "I absolutely will shame ugly girls that door vulture because we all know that is the only way they make money"

savage
  • Manuellabore
    8 months ago
    It's like direct mail advertising or robocalls. For some dancers it pays off often enough to be a viable strategy, but if the product you're selling has good value it should sell itself without the hard sell
  • Dolfan
    8 months ago
    +1000 to Hanks comment. Hot door vultures aren't a thing, they can behave exactly the same as an ugly girl but I'll never view being approached immediately by a hot & friendly girl as an annoyance. I'll thank the strip club gods for shining down upon me and blessing me with a hottie with zero wait or effort.

Also +1 to Ibb's comment. Wearing an outfit that shows the goods and approaching where I can see her also mostly counteracts any door vulture vibes. At the same time, wearing an outfit that leaves a lot to the imagination and/or approaching from behind amplifies the door vultureiness(tm) of said stripper.

Not to hijack the thread too bad, but what about the reverse? Is it bad form for a customer to approach a dancer who just got on the floor, or are they "supposed to" let her sit down and have a drink or whatever first? Is there a term for guys who grab girls the second they walk in? Are they whore vultures? I'm not sure I'd take offense to be labeled a whore vulture. I might even get a shirt that says it.
  • blahblahblah23
    8 months ago
    Guys should absolutely grab girls they wanna buy dances from or tip immediately. Any girl that says no is allergic to money.
  • blahblahblah23
    8 months ago
    I'm gonna add maybe some chicks cover up more cuz they get grabbed less that way? I used to be sorta like "only the ugly chicks gotta cover up and wear dresses etc" until I found out random dudes dont pay grabass so much if said ass is covered.
  • RonJax2
    8 months ago
    > Are they whore vultures? I'm not sure I'd take offense to be labeled a whore vulture. I might even get a shirt that says it.

Hilarious @Dolfan!

And for the record, I don't think this is a bad practice at all. I'd assume that since she just got to work, she's ready to go, in full sales mode, and already had time for a drink/rest/whatever before her shift started. But who knows, maybe she's got a regular to attend to first, or needs to check in with the house mom. In that situation I might introduce myself, give her a tip and say, "hey, whenever you're ready, I'd love to chat about doing some dances."
  • mogul1985
    8 months ago
    HoneyDewMelons: "men are complaining that the ladies are too aggressive or too nonchalant its a mixed bag of what men want or what the ladies want to do,,," Exactly. I'd rather be asked and either accept or politely say I just arrived. I have that control, after I accept, control is out the window and I go with the girl's offerings - some better than others. What I like others won't and vice versa.

• Meshuggah
    8 months ago
    Like 20 years ago, I asked my friend who is the manager of a large strip club in So. FL the best advice to a dancer to sell dances.
    He said, The dancer should ask to sit with the customers, get their names, chit chat. maybe 5 min. excuse herself, leave table for a few minutes. return a little later, say hi to them, then ask for a dance. No cold calling.
  • boomer79
    8 months ago
    I do think saying hi to as many customers as possible and just saying to let them know if they need anything is great.

Being brief and friendly while possibly spending more time if the customer shows interest is the way to go.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion