tuscl

Restaurant manager charged over $300,000 on company card to visit strip clubs

doctorevil
Evil Lair
Thursday, January 5, 2023 11:41 PM

24 comments

• ATACdawg
    a year ago
    What the heck!! Doesn't everybody know that credit cards are like free money?🚓 The guy should be a lock-up legend, smh.
  • Specialj
    a year ago
    Maybe he had a lot of surf and turf And champagne
  • Nixur68
    a year ago
    I wonder which club?
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    Strip-clubs (cocaine) is a hell-of-a-drug
  • bang69
    a year ago
    What a fucking bumb ass.
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    Is he hiring?
  • shailynn
    a year ago
    “It’s unclear how long he remained employed by the restaurant.” I wonder if his plea deal was “I’ll work it off by washing dishes.”
  • iknowbetter
    a year ago
    I wonder if he subscribes to this site?
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    "50 times during an 11-month period and charged more than $300,000 to the company card." 50 times in 11 months is once a week. Entirely plausible. Friday night: party time! 300k in 50 visits is the head scratcher here. That's 6k per visit. Even with a crazy champagne room 1k fs dance, or hell: make it 2k... what did he spend the other 4k on? Maybe I am unaware of just how baller some of these clubs are. Help me with this?
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    50 visits, 300k, that's what 6k a visit? That's a pretty good time at most clubs I'd think. And wtf kind of accountant or whoever took 11 months to figure it out and question it? What other kind of legit expenses was this guy making that no one noticed?
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    ^maybe the kind that was getting dances with his buddy the manager
  • Vicfl
    a year ago
    may be he was on 40% cash back from the club?
  • doctorevil
    a year ago
    I looked up the court docket and read the criminal complaint. The two clubs were Oasis and Tattletale. At $6,000 per visit, he could have spent six hours at a time get fucked and sucked by a half dozen different girls, if he knew what he was doing. But this guy is obviously an idiot. He probably left with blue balls every time.
  • Champphilly
    a year ago
    I have been to Oasis, it has low vibe and i never have seen anyone spending more than few hundreds. Where the money go?
  • shadowcat
    a year ago
    Oasis has permanently closed.
  • doctorevil
    a year ago
    Big money was spent in the large VIP rooms at Oasis, but usually nowhere close to $6,000,
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    It's not that hard to spend thousands in a club enjoying being treated like a big-shot by everyone in the club; and even less-hard to spend that kinda $$$ when it's not your money.
  • goldmongerATL
    a year ago
    I know the restaurant. It was founded by a local TV personality, but he sold out long ago. I read some of the reviews. Back in 2021 there were review comments that the place was going downhill after this guy became GM. Some reviews called him a "convicted felon" with a long history of stealing. They questioned why they would ever hire him. A big question here is how the hell as the owner do you let this go on? I mean you are seeing these huge charges on this credit card! How brain dead is the owner? There may be more to this story. I looked up an article with a group picture of this manager along with some charity group the restaurant works with. The picture did not identify who was who, but there was guy in the photo that looks an awful lot like one of the whales from Oasis. This is what a typical whale did at Oasis. These guys tie up 4-5 girls all afternoon buying them drinks and hanging out. He will pick a girl and go to VIP once or twice or maybe more. The others stay at the table until they get back. I have talked to a couple of dancers about that scene. They mentioned this guy in particular "ran a restaurant." They said when he leaves every girl at the table will get $1000 or more for their time. So THAT'S how you spend six grand in an afternoon at Oasis.
  • doctorevil
    a year ago
    Goldmember, does he look familiar? [view link]
  • goldmongerATL
    a year ago
    Yeah, that is the face I recognized. 95% sure it is the same guy.
  • doctorevil
    a year ago
    I was there a good bit during the day and came to recognize a fair number of regulars, but can't say he is one I remember.
  • goldmongerATL
    a year ago
    I would see him on his phone a lot either at the table or outside. I think he even bought me a dance once.
  • orionsmith
    a year ago
    11 months to find out? Was he married to the restaurant owner or bribing the accountant?
  • goldmongerATL
    a year ago
    Houck's is a big sports bar, but I doubt they spend more than $30K-$40K a week on supplies. Very little of that is by credit card. How would they NOT notice a huge percentage increase in their credit card bill? Makes ya go Hmmmm...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion