tuscl

Ricks now owns Baby Dolls

PaulDrake
Off again on again PL
Monday, December 26, 2022 8:02 AM
Someone posted this on Reddit and I hadn't seen a post here about it. Ricks just bought 5 clubs in Texas including Baby Dolls:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases…

21 comments

• Jascoi
    2 years ago
    hopefully my Rick's stock is up.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Wow. To think that 5 clubs could be worth $66MM . Maybe I'll go start a strip club, build it up, then sell.
  • mjx01
    2 years ago
    sigh... and they are going to ruin the BBD (and Chicas) mileage
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    "and they are going to ruin the BBD (and Chicas) mileage"

As with all things strip clubs, it depends on the management. The Chicas Locas in Dallas is only using part of a very nice building (wonder what club it used to be in its glory days) so I wouldn't be surprised for it to get converted to a totally different brand.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Wait so the Council of Ricks now owns some strip clubs?

• Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Per the article, Ricks now owns close to 60-clubs
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    The current Chicas Locas used to be Cabaret Royale - AFAIK Cabaret Royale was owned by Baby Dolls (and I believe the current Chicas Locas as well) - Cabaret Royale was a nice upscale and popular club in the 2000s when I lived/SCed in Big-D - for w/e reason seems they let CR go by the wayside - perhaps ownership decided to focus on Baby Dolls after they moved to their current-location in late-2006.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    They also bought the Louisville PT's last year (I think; might have been early this year) and reportedly also the one in Indy.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Deja VU owns 200. Here is the list:

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/List_of_stri…
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    My bad. That is not a list of all Deja Vu clubs but rather a list of some notable clubs around the world.
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    Idk that turning it into a Rick's necessarily ruins the mileage? I have heard of a Rick's in Odessa where they turn tricks 😂
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Rick's owns Tootsies in Miami Gardens. Extras central. They don't seem to have a problem with mileage.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    The article states the transaction was 5-clubs (2 Baby Dolls and 3 Chicas Locas, in the Dallas/Ft-Worth and Houston markets) - besides Dallas there was also a small dive in Ft Worth also called Baby Dolls (I was never sure if Baby Dolls Dallas also owned the small-one in Ft Worth or if that clubs was just leasing the name since the two clubs were so different) – could be whomever owns Baby Dolls Dallas also owns the other 4 clubs in the transaction and they are just cashing-out.

I visited Baby Dolls Dallas for the first-time in 2000 and it was already a well-established-club – I wonder how long it goes back – perhaps the owner(s) are getting old and wanna sell/cash-out; or perhaps the original owner(s) have passed and the inheritors don’t wanna own the club anymore?
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    Agree it depends on local management. If RCI keeps the clubs operating under their current names it’s a signal they aren’t going to change them, as long as they don’t wind up in the paper for drugs, prostitution or gun violence. If they put Rick’s names on them, expect them to be run on brand. All they want is the $11mm in EBITDA to continue or grow. Btw, paying 6x EBITDA and including the real estate is a pretty cheap price for most businesses. I assume that RCI knows what it’s doing and that 6x is the right price for an adult business with the attendant risks.
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    ^ There is little "on brand" consistency with strip clubs a lot of the times though. One Spearmint Rhino in one state isn't the same as another Rhino in a different state. It is the same for a chain like Rick's.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    Maybe. I haven’t been to a whole lot of Rick’s but the ones
    In chicago and ny were both pretty corporate to me. I still think if they don’t change the names of the clubs they are less likely to make major changes. The article did mention trying to take advantage of unused space to increase EBITDA in a couple of clubs, so those would be more likely to change.
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    I would assume the Rick's in those places are similar. I've tried working at Rick's Minneapolis and Rick's in Fort Worth. They are completely different. Rick's Minneapolis was really fucking awesome. Rick's Fort Worth was beyond horrible. The one in MPLS had way higher fees and was way more corporate, but it was also way more money to where I didn't mind the insane fees. Funny story, I had a VIP customer that claimed to work at Rick's NYC- I forget his job there though. He told me a lot of good about the one in Manhattan haha. I feel like I would maybe like the one in Chicago too. The one in Fort Worth was a fucking joke and trashy as fuck, very low class.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    One reason existing clubs are worth so much is that it is difficult to open a new one in many cities because of various zoning and licensing laws. It's not a situation where just anyone can open a new club, build it up and then sell it for a lot of money. You have to have money to buy an existing club. It's just another example of the government taking the side of big corporations over the small business guy.
  • how
    2 years ago
    Never been to a Rick's club that I know of, but I've been to Chicas Locas in Dallas and enjoyed Ultimate Mileage without going to VIP. Hope that doesn't change there...
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    Rick's owns a fuck ton of places already though. https://www.rcihospitality.com/

Trust me, they are not all the same nor all the same mileage. I think a lot depends on the location and type of clientele/type of girls there. I wouldn't worry. Texas 🤮 would be impossible to clean up anyways.

somewhat off topic: I think I remember now. That custie was in fact a VIP host or mgr at Rick's in Manhattan. He liked Russian bitches plus I was skinnier at that point in time lol. I know he wasn't bsing cuz mgr at Rick's Minneapolis seemed to know who he was.
  • TxVegas
    2 years ago
    The dancers at BD Dallas were not excited about the purchase. They are concerned it will change things.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion