tuscl

Strips clubs in places you would never ever, ever fucking go to

Too ghetto, too dangerous, not worth it. Hell to the no. What do you guys got? When I'm in an area those are the places I usually skip. Some spots around me I'll pass on, those irvington area clubs in Jersey, I'll pass. Those north philly clubs with all those cheaps extras? I'm not doing it. Nope. For fun check out the club "Levels" in North Philly's Kensington neighborhood on google street view. https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x8… I am not leaving my car to get broken into a place like that to save money on a hand job.

Few other places that come to mind. Those clubs by Churchill Downs in Louisville are in the hood. And the East St. Louis is one crazy place just to even drive around in, those gas station set ups are all you need to know. Magic City in Atlanta is this famous strip club but that area is not a place you want to be hanging around at night at. Downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood, those strip clubs there if you haven't been recently it's all basically looks like skid row now, you got so many tweakers running amok there. LA is outta control. Although I have actually been to all those ones.

And I had my chances to go to Jaurez at times, I heard the booze and babes were real cheap but who are we kidding, fuck outta here with that shit.

Day vs. Night make a difference for you? And I got to respect for the balls some of these mongers on here have that do this kind of stuff on a regular basis.

41 comments

• docsavage
    2 years ago
    I once ran into a stripper in an inner-city Indianapolis strip club who said she moved here because it was safer than where she came from. I couldn't imagine where that might be, so I asked her. She said "Gary". I would not pay a visit to Gary, Indiana.
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    Don't visit most clubs in and around Portland. A lot of them have homeless people hanging outside or literally living right by the club. Not even kidding. And some of these homeless are way past crazy. Also a lot of the parking at or near a lot of Portland clubs totally looks sketchy. Towards the end I was constantly paranoid that my car would get broken into or someone would steal my cat. Not even kidding.

There's also some places not worth visiting out here because there may be a vicous and very enforced red light ticket camera nearby such as Dolphin in Beaverton. There is literally no reason on earth to ever visit Beaverton if you visit Portland unless u want to visit Uwajimaya. Or u decide to work for Nike. Otherwise this is. Fucking don't go zone. There are too many cops as well on top of the fucking ticket cameras. Terrible place.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    My interest in visiting an upscale gentlemens club is zero. I’m happy to hit Irvington clubs - but I’ll pass on a fancy looking club.
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    Club Venus on Michigan Avenue in Detroit. I stepped inside one time and I feel lucky I got to step out. A dancer friend told me she had tried this club once, and the other dancers were openly using drugs in the dressing room.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I'll never go into a Nashville strip club again. Too many stupid rules. No talent. They are a complete waste of time.
  • Specialj
    2 years ago
    There is a club called the rose, which was originally flashdance in lake worth. I used to enjoy going to flashdance years ago. They had $10 VHM dances during the days and always had at least a couple dancers that I founds attractive. After a couple shootings, amount of business really got bad and they lost of the good looking dancers. Was one of those clubs I would Never want to go to at night, and I’m sure that hasn’t changed with fact that the only thing they have changed is the name.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ That club got worse a few years back when Sugar Daddy's closed a few miles north of them, all the thugs that were Sugar Daddy's regulars migrated to the Rose.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Bring back the Mermaid.........
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I would imagine this is one of the many reasons just about every club in Detroit has valet, especially the ones on 8 Mile.

I remember going to a club in Dallas one night (not Babdy Dolls or the Lodge) and on one of the side streets there was glass everywhere on the side of the road, like for 25 yards. I realized, “oh shit, that’s glass because it looks like about 5-6 cars for their windows bashed out.” I still went to the club, they had a free midnight buffet, and it was midnight.
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    Urban underground clubs I take a pass. Otherwise I don't worry too much as long as there is safe parking. But I hear there is a strip club called Chicago in Bakhmut Donbas region in Ukraine. Hard pass right now.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @skibum
    The Spermaid was a dumpster fire but the neighborhood was a safe middle class area
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I don't mind clubs in ghettos or industrial areas. That's just zoning and hardly representative of the clubs themselves.

I avoid clubs that market themselves as upscale. It means they aren't and are just overpriced.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Day vs night does make a difference to me in places I'm not familiar with. There are some clubs I probably would have passed on if I had to park a couple of blocks away at night. There was one club in NJ recommended to me that I skipped this year because the only time I could get there was after midnight and the neighborhood didn't look great. It would have probably been ok, but I had to drive about an hour just to get there to check it out.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    25 I loved the Mermaid. Went to the Orange Bowl 15 years in a row. Parked and walked 12 blocks. Not really afraid of neighborhoods, at least when drinking lol.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    There is nowhere in seattle that has sc's that is super unsafe. You could find trouble if you were looking for it or hanging around waiting for it. I guess the alley behind sugars is probably a bad place to walk alone at 2AM, but that falls under the "looking for it" category in my book. If you uber to the club, go straight in/out the front door and don't hang around on the street, your biggest crime risk is from a ROB, and as many have said before thats on you for getting robbed by a girl in her underwear. :D
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Don’t seem to hear as much about the ESL clubs as I once did in the earlier days of TUSCL
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    I'm a night adventurer and there are very few places I won't go, though that may change as I continue to age.

A couple of notable exceptions that come to mind are two black clubs. One no longer exists - Mascara in Jacksonville - and the name of the other I can't remember but it was in DC. Don't get me wrong, I've sampled a fair number of black clubs over the years, but in both of these places it was pretty fucking clear that whitey wasn't welcome. There's a difference between being brave and being downright stupid. I am enough of the former that plenty of people might call me reckless, but I try not to be the latter if I can help it.
  • Rod8432
    2 years ago
    Lusty's in Akron made me question the depths of my PL-ness. Never again (probably)...
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    I've been to a lot of clubs in a lot of shitty areas. Only one gave me pause about entering. That was Paradizio in Irvington NJ. Long time regular of Bottoms Up and had been to all the other Irvington spots a time or two, so I was familiar with the area, but this one just gave me a bad feeling. Maybe it was the bums sleeping on the sidewalk, or the dope dealers outside getting up in everybody's face as they passed by. I found parking a block away, sat in my car for a few minutes thinking it over, and then drove away.

I went back another day in the afternoon when it was light out, seemed a little less freakish on the block, a little more normal activity of regular people out and about. Inside it wasn't bad. I went back a couple more times after that, and even though I was approached by the dealers, they were relatively courteous when I said thanks but no thanks.

For some reason I didn't have that same hesitation when I went to Slick's (now closed) only a few blocks away. I went right in, stayed for maybe an hour. Wasn't my kind of place so I left. About two weeks later a fucking maniac shot up the place - killed three people and wounded some others.

So much for following my intuition as a guide in dangerous places.
  • chiefwiggum
    2 years ago
    Irvington is my limit of sketchiness. I'll flip a coin if I'm in Irvington, sometimes twice. Whatever area Muddy linked, that is a no-go for me.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    In terms of places I wouldn’t return to - Washington DC strip clubs sucked when I visited. No lap dances or private dances. Wtf?

About 15 or more years ago, I was feeling no pain, and I made the rounds of Irvington clubs during the warm summer months. The obvious spot was Vic’s - which I enjoyed several times during the daytime. One of my favorite spots was World Paradise - which I believe was considered a go go joint. It’s been closed for a long time. There was a spot across from Hibbard’s auto body with a buffet - that I enjoyed too. I think Embers Tavern was still hopping as well.

I didn’t run into any trouble in Irvington. Maybe I had a streak of good luck? It’s not like I can blend in being tall and pasty white.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Rachels. The idea of going to a steakhouse/strip club is just too stupid for words. Rather go to Newark wearing a suit made out of money.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    As recently as a few years ago I would regularly visit clubs that often had shootings including one murder. I often stayed until closing time.

I once told the story here where I ran into a stripper I liked at a ghetto club at closing time and when the lights came on I was the only white guy in a small room and when I walked out to the parking lot it was full of gangsta drug dealing types getting high, drinking, and blasting rap from their car stereos.
    Funny thing is for some reason I was thinking about that club earlier today. It closed several years ago. It made local news a few times for shootings, beatings, robbery, etc and I know for a fact that there were other shootings and beatings that didn't make the news. Friday nights it filled up with Mexican and Puerto Rican guys and Saturday nights it was all black guys and here was white guy OSU amongst all of them.

Luckily I didn't have any problems from any of those adventures but those are scenes that I no longer want to experience so I've toned down my habits.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    I won’t name it, but one particular club somewhere in central Texas. Not only because the club is a shithole, but because somebody would be likely to drive right by and spot me at some point and then gossip could find it’s way back to where I really really wouldn’t want that.

I’ve heard a couple dancers recently say I should try out Scarlett’s/Mile High. But that particular area (Glendale CO) has the worst concentration of Karens in any one place and I’m pretty sure if I worked there, I’d be ROB-ing customers left and right. Even if most of the clientele would be subhuman and likely deserve it…I’d rather not.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I’m not going to any club nicespice works at because she smells like breadsticks and hot pockets.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    As many-on-here know, I’m into ebony-dancers thus for the last 10+ years I’ve mostly hit black-clubs since those have the type of dancers I like/prefer – often-times these black-clubs are small-dives in not-the-best-areas – it’s usually not a big-issue w.r.t. safety; I’ve never been in a black-club where something serious went-down when I was there – although a handful of times I’ve heard-reports of something bad going-down when I haven’t been at the particular-club but-even-then it’s mostly a rare-occurrence – I would imagine strip-clubs in general may be somewhat “hardened targets” per se in part b/c of security and I wouldn’t doubt security/club-staff is packing even if it’s out-of-sight.

Most of the time my club-visits consist of me driving to the club; parking in their parking-lot/area; and going-inside (pretty-much all the clubs I hit downhere in SoFlo have their own parking) – this def doesn’t make-it zero-risk b/c anything can happen on a moment’s-notice in-da-hood; and I still try to be aware-of-my-surroundings when I’m walking to/from my car to/from the club’s door; etc – I’ve also switched to mostly dayshift-SCing over-the-last 5-years-or-so mainly b/c of the better-mileage/ROI/dancer-attention; but also cuts-down on potential-drama although it’s not necessarily foolproof.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I’ve been to hood-black-clubs in:

Miami/SoFlo; Orlando/Cocoa-Beach; Jacksonville; Atlanta; Philly; Dallas; Houston; Irvington (NJ); Detroit; DC (I may be forgetting an area or two).

Some of the clubs already-mentioned in this thread I’ve been to – i.e.:

Magic City (Atlanta); Mascara (Jacksonville); Paradizio/Vic’s (Irvington NJ) – of these that have been mentioned:

Margic-City – I actually went-there back in 2011 about a year b/f I joined TUSCL – the club itself wasn’t bad but from what I recall (it was nighttime) the area looked pretty-scary but the club had club-side-parking from what I remember.

Mascara in Jacksonville I found alright compared to most black-dives I’ve hit in my PL-career – I actually found Silver-Foxx in Jacksonville a lot more off-putting/scary and this included the area; the staff; and other custies – I def felt uncomfortable at Silver-Foxx but not at Mascaras.

Paradizio/Vic’s in Irvington NJ I was a bit unnerved mainly b/c I don’t have a lot of experience w/ the northeast – what was most unnerving about these two-spots was there was no-club-parking and one had to park street-side and often walk a block or two which is not something I’m used to b/c in SoFlo (and Dallas) where I’ve lived; almost all-clubs have club-side-parking.

When I hit Vic’s in the Fall of 2016 I was able to park on the same-street but maybe ~75-yards-away – this was a bit unnerving b/c:

a) I wasn’t sure if I could park where I did and was concerned my rental could be towed leaving-me somewhat stranded in an area where I didn’t know anyone (again in the places I’ve lived; almost all businesses have their own parking and parking someplace else may get your car towed)

b) as I was walking to Vic’s (afternoon circa 4:30; club only open on dayshift which should say something LOL) – anyway; I was the only cracker as far as the eye could see and my pale-ass stood-out like a sore-cracker

w.r.t. Paradizio in Irvington; that one was also a later-afternoon visit circa 6pm (after I left Vic’s); it was still light-out when I got there but was dark when I left a bit past 7pm – here also I had to park about 2-blocks-away and here also I was the only cracker as far as the eye could see.

w.r.t. Vic’s and Paradizio the scary-part was walking to/from the club since it’s not something I’m used to.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Of the areas/hoods where I’ve hit black-clubs as I posted previously; the ones where it was street-parking was what concerned me the most having to walk to/from the club.

In Philly, Outer Space Club def is scary-looking w.r.t. the surroundings and it’s street-parking – I remember my PL-head being on a swivel (in-large-part b/c I was completely unfamiliar w/ the area) when I visited and it was a late-afternoon with light-out.

In Atlanta; I hit a black-club in downtown where I ended up parking around 9:45 pm in a parking-garage several-blocks away (it was about a 10-minute-walk by myself) – it was a bit of an unnerving-walk given the fairly-high-number of homeless-people around – to make matters-worse when I got back to the parking-garage past midnight I couldn’t find my freaking-car and walked around for like 20-minutes freaking-out-a-bit thinking my rental had gotten stolen (finally found the damn-thing) – I’ve never been a fan of downtown areas especially at night – the club was “Gentlemen’s Club Atlanta” in late-2015 (this club has changed names multiple-times and at the time of my visit it was called Goosebumps) – that was my only visit to this ATL club although I’ve probably hit half-a-dozen or more ATL-clubs on my 1x/2x per-year trips to ATL from 2014 – 2019.

For me the most bothersome part of black-dives I’ve hit has been mostly when I’ve had to-do street-parking in-da-hood – other-than-that; driving to them thru “questionable-neighborhoods” can also be a bit unnerving.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I agree on the outer space club. I went at dusk and the neighborhood seemed ok, the way most things do on 3 beers. When I left in the dark, it seemed way less than ok. I was driving a rental car, or I'd have passed. My daily driver would have stood out too much.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    The club I decided not to drive to was 5th Ave. Sports Bar in Paterson, NJ. Some of the board regulars have been there at night so maybe it's fine at all hours. For me I didn't want a long drive to a club that wasn't going to be open much longer, picking over leftovers as a new face.

Plus I had a 50/50 chance of hooking up with a dancer playing hard to get. That happened 100% the next day, but the neighborhood looking not that great on street maps and an early morning was enough for me to stay in. I could list all the clubs I've gone to all hours in sketchy places, or I can just say I treat every visit as case by case.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Rick what was that club? Ebony inn?
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    My car does not stand out because it's 10 years old and beat up and so far I've had no problem parking it anywhere...
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    My car stands out everywhere and even after 8 years is pristine. The big ole hood scope attracts people and not just the police, who stop me for a closer look 5-10 rimes a year.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Ebony-Inn is on the border of D.C. – I went to EI (from out of town) over the Memorial Day weekend of 2019 and hit EI like 3x over-that-weekend – I didn’t find the *immediate area* around EI too-bad; seemed like an old commercial area w/ not much people or even car traffic (per my limited experience w/ the area).

For me it was a bigger-concern having to safely/attentively cross the 4-lane street from the parking-area over to the club – also; I guess EI is kinda an institution in that area and seems to have a pretty-big regulars-presence meaning that there seemed to be a fair-amount of people hanging-outside-the-club which was a bit concerning on my 1st-visit; but I quickly realized those were people associated w/ the club (staff; dancers smoking outside; regulars-hanging; etc) and actually I preferred it that way since there were always eyes outside-the-club – the other bit concerning-issue about EI was the neighborhoods driving there seemed fairly-rough – the only other drawback to EI was that it seems to have a lot of regulars that feel certain seats in the club belong to them but it wasn’t a huge-issue.
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    Never bothered me what location a club was in. When I was a newbie and didnt do any research I'd go to an after hours club called sights in newark, NJ. Imagine parking your car in the auto theft capital of NJ from 2-3:30? Seems ludicrous to me now, but the club had 3 layers of security and never any issues. But clubs have to be some of the safest places I have frequented. Its the power of pu$$y. No guy is interested in you when its walking around in the open.

Safety is 99% common sense. I have rarely heard of a patron getting in unprovoked trouble. Go have a go time and go home. As they say nothing good happens after a club closes or in front of a mcdonalds at 4 am....
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Muddy you are really missing out of so.e real fun by skipping the clubs in the Shively (near Churchill) area of Louisville. Thorobred and Foxy Lady are two of my favorite clubs anywhere. While the area isn't great it certainly isn't bad enough to avoid out of fear.

TheeOSU, was that Rachel's or Diamond Jim's you were talking about? That experience could have easily have happened at either of them.

About the only place I have ever felt truly scared was at a club in East St Louis about 6 years ago called Pink Slip or something like that. While I felt a little out of place as the only white guy there I have been in several clubs like that and never felt like it was an issue. That night I was having trouble getting approached by any of the girls I was interested in so when I saw an absolutely stunning girl on stage I walked up and tipped her a couple of twentys and asked her to come see me when she got off stage. As I was walking back to my seat I was approached by a guy that looked like he could play linebacker in the NFL and a group of his friends. He told me that the dancer I had tipped was his girl for the night and that if she blew him off to come sit with me they would be waiting outside for me when I leave. While I really wanted to have some fun with her I decided that the odds were not in my favor in that situation so I left instead of risking showing up in one of shadowcats 2 AMer reports. It was enough that I've skipped the East St Louis clubs anytime I am in the area since then.
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    Any club icee goes should be filthy nasty shit.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    "Thorobred and Foxy Lady are two of my favorite clubs anywhere."

Those were the only two clubs that were open when I passed through Louisville so that's where I went. They both had parking lots and didn't seem that bad. I was there during the day, but probably would be ok with going back at night.
  • dha
    2 years ago
    Was a time when this board would list if the club was white, black, or hispanic. This provided some indication about whether or not you would be welcome in the club. Now, you have to go inside to find out on your own unless the reviews warn you first.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    "This provided some indication about whether or not you would be welcome in the club."

The number one indicator of whether you'll be welcome in the club is if you've brought money to spend. There's only two clubs I've ever thought about leaving right away because I felt unsafe. There's the place in the middle of the Swiss countryside where I thought I might get murdered. Not gonna lie I hauled ass outta there once I heard people moving around but no one said anything lol.

Then there was this place under a highway near Seattle when I for looked up and down by a motorcycle gang when I walked in. The music didn't stop playing but I realized immediately I had all eyes on me. I changed out my dollars for poker chips, tipped a dancer or two. Maybe even had a lapdance then left. I got a nod on the way out from the bikers but nothing was said.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Whodey, I was talking about Glitter Nite Club, around 30 miles west of Cleveland. Closed around 10 years ago. Last time I looked there were 2 reviews but previously there were maybe 8-10 reviews. My guess is some of the reviews didn't make it from the change over from a previous TUSCL version to this one.
    It wasn't always like my description above especially earlier in the evening and YMMV as to what you'd run into but the later you were their the sketchier it would be.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion