tuscl

Queen Elizabeth dead

ATACdawg
Thank God Trump is FIRED!!! Lock him up!
I was saddened this afternoon by the news of her death.

I grew up in Canada, and her picture was in pretty much in every classroom. Save for 9 months, she has been the only queen of Great Britain I have ever known. RIP.

😭

38 comments

• mark94
    2 years ago
    I lived in England in my youth. Saw her once at a Trooping the Colour. The world will be different without her.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    R. I. P. Elizabeth II

Long live King Charles
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    A Giant. RIP
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Tell you what, I never saw a 96 year old woman look that good.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Wow what a run and most of us weren’t alive the last time this happened. I think she was beautiful in her youth.

It’s amazing she had to deal with other Harry’s bullshit in her final days. If I was with a girl who tried to play the race card on my grandmother I would dump her ass in 2 seconds.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Of course the modern day "academics" had to chime in. https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/jeff-bezos…
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ sounds like an Iceefag wannabe
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @Muddy and @25, that's a problem in the modern day, you get more attention and therefore money by saying inflammatory shit than by reasoned discourse.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    So, I can understand how current and former subjects of the crown would be emotional. I don't understand why the English tolerate the royals, since they have an elected parliament. It seems like a lot of wasted money to me.

As an American who is proud of our heritage where we fought a war to throw off the yoke of English Empire and a second war where the same monarchy attacked us for engaging in free trade with other sovereign nations, why the fuck should I really care?

Yes, she seemed like a nice old lady, but so fucking what?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Who cares.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    The establishment of Parliament pre dated our Constitution. It was a radical ( for the time ) change from a pure monarchy. The hybrid structure of monarchy and elected governance worked for several hundred years. We took it one step further in 1789. Different strokes for different folks.
  • datinman
    2 years ago
    I have exactly the same level of interest as I would have if King Gustaf died.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Icee its laughable to say who cares when Queen Elizabeth dies, then support burning down businesses and attacking people when George floyd dies all while claiming to be pro social justice and anti bigotry
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Its ludicrous that flags in the US will be at half mast til her funeral jn 10 days.

Guess many forgot we fought to be free of the monarchy
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    What do you mean we dougee? Were you there?
    Yes the colonists fought for freedom from the British but Britain of today is our best ally.
    Well ok not yours because you're a commie cocksucker and secondly you probably don't know the meaning of ally because nobody likes you, homie, lulz
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's too funny when tinfoil hat types not recognizing biden bow down to foreign monarchs 🤡🤡🤡😭😭😭😭🤔
  • caseyx
    2 years ago
    gammanu95: I care because her passing is a historical event. It's interesting. I'm not broken up over it or anything, though I am a little disappointed that she couldn't hang on long enough to pass the Sun King.

We're flying the flag at half staff out of courtesy for an ally. We do that so frequently anyway that it's not really that big of a deal.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Hey iceydougee you mean bowing like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I2xYh9m…

Got it lulz
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I think it’s telling they banned that woke Meghan chick from going to the Castle with Harry
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Sad to hear of her passing. She appeared to be a well liked queen.

I wonder how Charles will do as king?

The royals are more of a curiosity - than anything else - in my view.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    I don't think msrkle was banned, as much as she deserves it. Kate stayed behind, as well, while William went with Andrew.
  • nemesisk7
    2 years ago
    I Dont give a rats ass about the queen or the Royals , With that said i think most here dont care
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    I'm finding it hard to feel much of anything for someone who's "ruled" in name only, and who's only real claim to monarchy was being born to the right parents at the right time.

I sympathize with her grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, but that's about it.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Not to dishonor Elizabeth II, I am hoping now that Great Britain can move beyond needing a monarch.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Charles became king when she died. The monarchy didn't end with her.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Unclear what will happen now.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's not unclear. Charles is the king. Everything is the same
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    The Royal Family is mostly a symbolic thing; I guess the Queen was sorta seen as the unofficial spokesperson for Britain – seems the British people supported $upporting the Royal Family; IDK if this is mostly out of a cherished-tradition, or b/c of touri$m/“branding”.

It seems most Brits appreciated the way the Queen carried herself; I don’t think the next generation of Royals after her is seen in the same-light and remains to be seen if the Brits’ $upport for the Royal Family continues as it has in the past.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Unclear if people want the monarchy to continue. Charles could step down, or be forced to step down, or at least be designated as the last.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    That's a what if scenario and not grounded in any reality. He's king and everything is proceeding as normal.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I would like to smack SJG for making me say this, but Icee is 100% correct. Try shutting the fuck up and listening to someone for a change Mr. cut and paste.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I'm not a fan of monarchies. They're either expensive decorations (like most of the European monarchies at this point) or vehicles for horrible governance (the Middle East).

I'm not sad per se about Elizabeth's passing. I didn't know her. But, it's certainly of historic significance. She started out as Queen while Truman was President and Winston Churchill was Prime Minister. So, she witnessed a lot of amazing history first hand. She also took the job at a point where the power of the British monarchy and empire was waning and basically oversaw that wind down.

Charles is King, and that's not unclear. Nor is there really any uncertainty about the succession. But, he probably won't be King for very long. Elizabeth was in her mid 20s when she became Queen. Charles is in his mid 70s and, frankly, is a bit of a limp fish as compared to Elizabeth. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he spends a few years as King and then politely abdicates to his eldest son, William.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    With the death of Elizabeth, the title of Duke of Cornwall was transferred from Charles to William. That includes land valued at well over $1Billion.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    I don't recall seeing this back in 2001 but have seen it several times over the last couple days. On the 13th of September after the 9/11 attacks, the Queen ordered that the American National Anthem be played during the Changing of the Guard, as a sign of solidarity. A small gesture, but given the strict tradition and formality surrounding the royals it sure does stir up some emotions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToECtXPM…
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    The whole line of succession really is screwed up

Anne, the Queen’s daughter is way down at 16 and Andrew really gets screwed over too as William’s 4 year old kid is higher on the list than Andrew
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    It wouldn’t surprise me if the rule of succession is designed to prevent younger brothers from killing older brothers to gain the crown. That happened a lot in the good old days.
  • caseyx
    2 years ago
    The inheritance goes to the children of the monarch. Pretty obvious why a king would want his children to inherit over siblings, etc.

Anne gets screwed by the traditional laws that put sons over daughters (a pretty logical choice back in the days when kings were supposed to be war leaders). But it doesn't really matter. There's very little chance that anyone not descended from Charles ever ascends the throne. If things go so bad that we even get to Randy Andy the monarchy is probably not going to survive.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion