tuscl

SC etiquette - tipping for conversation?

This is probably the biggest SC etiquette item that I have yet to figure out during the 5 years or so I've been SCing.

What is the appropriate $ value for time spent conversating with a stripper? Is there an unwritten rule of thumb?

If I spend 5-30 minutes chatting, but then buy some dances at the end, there's not usually any need or expectation to tip for conversation.
But, with some girls, if you chat her up for even a few minutes, and then don't get a dance, buy a drink, or tip her for her time, she'll get pissed like I've cheated her out of earned money based on an unwritten rule.

28 comments

• san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Some places the money flows faster than others. But I would say that if you want the girl talking to you you should be feeding her money.

As for how much, I think it depends on what kind of an impression you want to make on her. I would say the max would be the full per song dance rate. That way she can engage with you right there rather than in the dance booth and generally you can lead it.

There are accounts of just handing girls $100.

The amount could be lower at our local no touching no dance booth clubs, like maybe $5 to start off. Maybe $20 for sitting down with you for a while.

Best to pick the one you want to be seeing outside, and then be generous with her.

SJG

Down on Me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRjYeoGi…
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I usually over do it with tipping, so my advice should be viewed with that in mind. If I’m enjoying the conversation with a dancer, and it’s not going to end in buying dances, then I would likely tip her $40 if she spent 15 or more minutes.
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    i used to be very generous before tuscl gave me the straight dope on these bitches.
    now it's either we go grind on my terms, or she wasted my time and gets nothing.
    we can always buy them back later.
    and now i look forward to and smile watching their hissy-fits.
    the poor excuses for strippers these days are not worthy of etiquette.

• georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    I don't know if there's a single "appropriate" value for the time spent just talking. For me, it depends on how long she's spending with me, how busy the club is, i.e. her "opportunity cost" for talking to me, and more importantly, how much I'm enjoying her company. In the Louisville clubs that have a drink hustle, I'm not likely to give anything extra; the cost of her time is built into the cost of the drink.

I'm OK with feeding them a 5 or 10 every 15-20 minutes if I'm having a good time. Not much more than that.
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    unsolicited fuglies are just cockblockers, and cut-off with 'im waiting for aby' (anyone but you) before they even sit.
    and of course, never pay the fuck-off fee.

ok. off to monger. lulz.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    2 years ago
    If I am sitting with a guy, it is because I am wanting to dance for him.

If I’m not his cup of tea and I can tell, I will leave and it’s no big deal.

If I am sitting there entertaining you with conversation, jokes, my beautiful face, and my huge boobs in a really small see through bra, and you do not say “hey I just want to let you know I’m waiting for another girl/about to leave/out of money/[not going to get a dance],” I assume you are interested in that and will continue to sit with you so that we can relax and socialize before going to the dance area.

On the other side of the room there may be (a) guy(s) who is waiting for me and sees I’m with you and finally gives up and grabs someone else to go dance. So you are keeping me occupied and I just missed a real opportunity to dance for someone who was interested.l, because of you.

If you are not interested, communicate it, if you want me to sit with you but not dance, please offer a tip at the very least. Especially now when we acknowledge that clubs aren’t doing their best and neither are dancers.

If someone asks for a tip after sitting with you for less than 5 minutes, give them $1. Lol.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Tip her based on the price of dances. $20 minimum to start out and more as time goes by.

PSD what happened to Vegas 🤡🤡🤡😂😂😂😭😭😭😭
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    It's highly dependent in the situation and your goals. The happiness of strippers isn't my utmost concern in the club, but at the same time I like to show everyone a degree of courtesy and respect as I'd hope they'd show me. There's always a balance to be struck between immediately shutting down a dancer who approached unsolicited and letting her linger for too long and wasting both parties time. My MO is to not tip a dancer I'm not interested in and didn't make any effort to keep around. After a perfunctory introduction I'll let her know I'm not interested. If she chooses to stick around after that I'm not gonna compensate her for her time unless somehow she manages to change my mind, which is almost unheard of. I don't do the rejection tip/fuck off fee thing, which is what I'd consider asking me for a tip after 5 minutes of siting with me. I'm absolutely not gonna tip her if I have to tell her to leave. If a girl gets pissed about spending 5-30 minutes with me after I've given her every indication I'm not interested and or flat out told her I'm not, I don't really care if she gets pissed. I get that she may feel like her time was wasted, but that's on her. Part of her job is to recognize bad investments and move on. That doesn't mean it's okay to engage her in conversation and enjoy her company, or try to feel her up and shit, then tell her to fuck off when she's looking to get paid. But she isn't entitled to my money simply for being there.

On the other hand, if I engage her in conversation or initiate physical contact, offer her a drink or ask her to sit, or otherwise do anything to suggest I'm interested then I'm going to give her something. That may mean a couple of dances or it may mean a few bucks. Mostly I'm gonna buy dances, but if I don't then the amount I give her varies on lots of factors that mostly boil down to my perceived value and estimated opportunity cost. If I was interested but after spending a little time together I no longer am, it'll be a token amount of maybe 5-10. If I enjoyed hanging out but for some reason don't want dances it might be 20-60 or so. If I liked her enough to give her more I'm probably just gonna buy dances, a room, or if the conversation led that way maybe ask about OTC.

• ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I feel like it's a waste of time trying to decide if there's an "appropriate" price for an non-necessity. Whatever you and she negotiate.

I personally take a pass on dancers who are unreliable, and imply it's your fault because you aren't generous enough. No matter how attractive they may be otherwise.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    I never tip for conversation. I know immediately if I am interested in dances and if not I brush them off immediately. Some times I have to be really blunt.
  • bang69
    2 years ago
    I agree with shadow cat 100%
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Tipping for conversation is a chump's game.
  • Jimmybigtits
    2 years ago
    It depends on your objectives. I rarely get more than one LD from a dancer then I will tip for conversation one or two more visits and pop the OTC question. The only reason I do the one LD is to see how sensual she is and to let her know I have bankroll and not a cop or serial killer.

But if I'm just out for in the club fun I think shadowcat is right. If I know I know. One drink then off to the races
  • caseyx
    2 years ago
    I never pay for conversation time. A dancer is in sales. Conversation with me is her sales pitch. If the pitch works then she'll get money from me from dances. If it fails then she gets nothing. If she spends a long time sitting with me and I don't get dances it's either because she misread my lack of interest or some red flag came up during the conversation. Either way, that's on her.

I won't intentionally waste a dancers time by leading her on. That's just being a dick. I will occasionally feign uncertainty about dances when I've already decided to get some because I'm enjoying the attention she's giving me (like if she's sitting on my lap or giving me a handshake). But I don't feel bad about that because she is going to get paid (and probably a VIP).
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    May just be a pity hustle, but even longer time dancers seem to take it too personally when you are overtly not interested in dances with them. So I say something like I'm waiting for Bubbles, or I just came in to watch the stage show. Since I expect a stripper to respect my limited $, I likewise respect her limited time with each PL. If I want a dance, I ask for it within 60 seconds of hello. Sometimes, dancers who aren't busy will come by a chat after we've done dances. Most won't, but better conversations with the ones who do. I tend towards being a BFE PL, so simetimes skitish newb strippers will cling to me a bit. Doesn't happen that often, so I'll give them backrubs and slip them a $20 every 2-3 songs.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    I tip for conversation if the situation calls for it. Sometimes, I enjoyed the time but don’t want a dance, others i use the tip to signal an end to the conversation, sometimes I just want the dancer to spread the word that I’m a decent tipper. Other times I don’t tip. I just read the room and go with it. Most I’ve ever tipped for time is $20. Least is a couple bucks. Buying a dancer a drink usually (but not always) is not a substitute for tipping. While it costs the customer the same or more, the dancer can’t spend it. Sometimes a dancer will prefer $5 cash to a $20 patron shot. No rules for anyone here. Just be aware that every dancer and her objectives are different and can be different on different days.
  • Subraman
    2 years ago
    "What is the appropriate $ value for time spent conversating with a stripper? Is there an unwritten rule of thumb?"

There's no unwritten rule of thumb. Like most, I make a judgement call based on a number of factors, including how busy the place is, whether I've indicated to her I'm not interested (or alternatively, affirmatively welcomed her company), etc.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
  • Jimmybigtits
    2 years ago
    I think Subraman put it best. I find on a slow night a lot of dancers aren't in hustle mode yet and they sometimes just want to be in regular woman mode and I tip for conversation most in that environment. And sometimes I just like to talk. The older I get the more little Jimmy needs a connection. Look we are all wired differently. It all goes back to caveman behavior and some of us are genetically hard wired for different sexual strategies. Some guys are weak and never procreate. Others are alphas who bring home the mastodon meat and doles it out so women fuck him for security. And some of us do a little of that but really the sympathetic ear when Mr Mastafon is a bit too rough with his 12 inch spear or pisses her of for fucking ALL 3 of the eligible women in the small tribe. I'm that guy so sometimes I gotta pay for a little small talk but it works out for me. But again that works best as an OTC strategy

In the club fun I just get to the point first and ask her how much she wants to ride me like she's at a Texas rodeo
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    i do reward good behavior.
    while in pregame with a nervous babystripper, a house dancer walking by reassured her i was the sweetest guy in the club (i know. i was suprised too). she made $5 for the comment/assist.

• wallanon
    2 years ago
    "anyone who says they tip for convo is either fucking ugly or a homo"

Well then I suppose I'm fucking ugly if those are the only choices lol
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    I don’t run into this situation very often. I let the dancer know pretty quickly what my intentions are. That’s both because I respect her time and the fact that she is working but also because I respect myself and I’m not going to waste my own time and then dig in my wallet to pay her to go away when I didn’t initiate the convo and never showed interest in the first place. The one thing I’m not going to do is initiate a convo, waste her time and then walk away.

• san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Best if you pick and approach. BUt if she picks you she is not doing anything wrong and should never be treated harshly.

It does mean that you need to make a decision and be careful of how you make this because women take this kind of stuff very personally.

SJG
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^ what about goats? How do they pick you out?
  • WiseToo
    2 years ago
    "What is the appropriate $ value for time spent conversating with a stripper? Is there an unwritten rule of thumb?"

The appropriate value for conversating with a stripper is zero - unless the club posts a sign with a menu of charges such as, Lap Dance: $ 25, VIP: $ 100, Conversating with Stripper: First 3 minutes free; thereafter $ 1 per minute.
  • samiel
    2 years ago
    I think there are many variables.

The main one for me is if she came and sat down of her own accord or if you asked her to sit and chat with you. If she just came and sat with you, I feel that you're not obligated to tip her if you don't want to. If you ask her to come sit with you, a tip is definitely expected I believe. Sometimes I'll ask a girl to come sit with me and if I don't like her, I'll just say "it was nice to meet you" and tip her $5.

There are many more variables, like is the club slow? Are you in VIP? Do you want her to stay with you?

If the club is slow, but not totally dead, I'd tip $1/minute. If it's dead, I'd just feed her some $1 bills over the course of the conversation. If it's busy, you may be costing her money, so tip appropriately.
  • bang69
    2 years ago
    I just tell her I'm not in a hurry for a dance. But I will hit her up when I'm ready.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    You might feel clever getting a stripper's time for free. But "free" things often end up having a hidden cost. If you do this routinely, you may find yourself sitting alone in the club, wishing you could at least get a wanna dance.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion