tuscl

Where in the Hell is the SCL ???

dennyspade
Illinois
It is common knowledge that SC hobbyists read the reviews from at least two strip club lists.

1) Yes, we have more faith in the reviews from the seasoned group of Ladies and Gents on TUSCL.

2) The Strip Club List is stating that they are improving their servers and will be returning bigger, stronger and improved. Yada, yada ...

3) Is SCL down for the count? Will they try to return as the "New Coke?"

4) Do you folks even give a Rat's Ass about SCL ?

21 comments

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    As a SC hobbyist or SC junkie, I remain loyal to TUSCL. First off, I haven't the time to wander off to other SC website, and secondly, don't have the interest, as TUSCL provides me with all the 'ammo' I need to pick and choose. Other than that, discussion boards are just a 'past time' event for me.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I only have time for TUSCL and the emails that I get from its members. 4 this morning.
  • dennyspade
    17 years ago
    I know that you guys are loyalists and have even become friends through TUSCL. Sometimes, I need to find out about some clubs in my area (or an area that I plan to visit) that are not listed on TUSCL.

I read and learn a lot from you guys. Thanks for being so frank and open.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I like SCL because it's a gossip-board. I like TUSCL because it's got more reliable info and saner participants in the discussions. I do miss SCL, but not because of any lack of what TUSCL does a much better job of providing in the first place.
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    BookGuy: I __don't__ like SCL, __because__ it is nothing but a gossip board. Occasionally I will see references to someone I know, and it is a little fun to watch folks flame each other, but that is definitely short-lived amusement.

I probably look at SCL three or four times a year, only check on gossip at places I have already been. I never use it for guidance to strip clubs in cities that are unknown to me.

To use a journalistic comparison, TUSCL is like _Forbes_, _SCL_ is like _People_ or _Us__. At best, it is a guilty pleasure, but does not have useful advice or info.

So, I'd have to pick option #4 to DennySpade's original question.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Put me down for (4) also. I've only been on it once in the past 5 years and that was sort of by accident recently when another web site sent me there. I didn't know it still existed, even though I used to write reviews for it long before I learned of TUSCL. If I were still travelling regularly I'd probably use it because, as someone else pointed out, they have reviews of clubs that are rarely (or never) reviewed here.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    I read SCL but it is pretty much a joke...
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    I read it several times a week for entertainment only - but just for the one or two clubs I regularly visit. I would rarely, if ever, use it for informational purposes for a new club. I know it's just gossip, but I like the fact that names are mentioned, something that is rare on TUSCL. So, take it for what it's worth - it's all bullshit gossip, but sometimes can be humorous reading. Yeah, I do miss it since the server is down.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I read it occasionally, although I don't know why. I can't remember the last time I was informed or entertained by it. There's no telling how long it would be before I realized it was down.
  • minnow
    17 years ago
    If I get a pang of curiosity about what a Jr. High chatroom might look like, I'll wander over. (Hint: I get that urge about as often as I get an urge to spend $$ on airdances.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    I only like it as a gossip board for the clubs I visit. For one of the clubs I used to visit (before it closed), it served as a place where they would list who was dancing for that week. It was also a place I would communicate with a dancer who used to be a favorite of mine. However, much of it I disliked, though it was amusing in spots. It is kind of the yang to TUSCL's yin.
  • rockie
    17 years ago
    SCL offers more club specific info for my local area than any other board. Tuscl offers the most promise for complete info without the local input to live up to the promise. Active participation by many members in specific areas does make Tuscl a one stop visit for some areas in the US. I miss the Providence banter that used to be easily accessed on Tuscl - when club specific chat showed the most recent banter in one click. I peruse SW, Tuscl, and SCL to stay updated!
  • legman89
    17 years ago
    For the most part SCL was a joke to me anyway. it was just dancers and owners bashing other dancers and owners. most comments came from the same IP address with different names entered. reviews were pretty much the same thing. eveyonce in a while you'd see a guy give a shoutout to the dancer as if the dancer and he were bff's or something.
  • snowtime
    17 years ago
    I enjoyed SCL about every week or so and took it for what it is/was. I hope it comes back but won't lose any sleep over its absence. Obviously TUSCL offers so much more information and would be greatly missed if it disappeared.
  • G-man
    17 years ago
    In my area, tuscl reviews are rare, even if they are more reliable. In the absence of regular info, scl provides quantity, if not quality. I hate the "junior high" aspect of it, but if management is posting reliable lineups at least there is some use to it. I hope they return soon.
  • rockie
    17 years ago
    Rangerfan11: SW = Stripperweb
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    I miss SCL...it was a fun reading at least...like watching a train wreck. I also very occasionally check out 6 or so other strip club websites, but I agree that TUSCL is the most reliable of all of them! I've never really found stripperweb to be all that interesting IMO.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    I didn't know there was any problem with SCL. I have to admit that it's been close to a month since the last time I tried to look at SCL, due to being far too busy.

I am loyal to TUSCL, and am a paying LIFETIME member. However, I DO check SCL fairly frequently. Yes, it IS a gossip infested sight, but sometimes it's interesting reading. It also provides a forum that makes it easier to attempt to find dancers that are MIA. In fact, I've located a few dancers via their site.

Also, I tend to peruse the pictures that people upload, attached to their comments, and I also check out the videos, too.
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    for those who care.......SCL is back today 1.3.2008
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    There's still some issue with the older posts/pictures on the SCL site though...it doesn't seem like they have their act totally together over there yet.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    Plus it's still as slow as it ever was.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion