tuscl

NBA Finals - Celtics Vs Warriors

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Thursday, June 2, 2022 1:28 PM
We haven't had a sports related thread in a while. The NBA Finals start tonight. Can Steph Curry get his 4th Title ? Can the Celtics defense hold up ? My only beef with this year's NBA play-offs is that they are starting the games so darn late. Tonight's game starts at 9pm. I'm gonna be in bed by halftime. I'm gonna say the Warriors win it in 6. But Curry will not be the MVP again. Boston will put all their efforts into trying to shut him down, which will open up opportunities for other Warrior players. Klay Thompson is playing real well now.

68 comments

• skibum609
    2 years ago
    Celtics in seven. The better defensive team wins.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    2 years ago
    I will bet on the games but won't watch. The NBA is lame. This time of year is all about the Stanley Cup playoffs.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    My bet is on the Celtics this year, they're overdue Been watching a bit of the Stanley Cup games, rooting for the Rangers.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    My head says Warriors but my heart says Celtics. I can’t stand the Warriors - Draymond Green is such fucking big mouth cry baby and Steve Kerr is so woke and chimes in on every social justice warrior issue - except China - he’ll suck their balls while they exterminate Uyghurs and crush any freedom in Hong Kong.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I’m looking forward to watching the finals. I’ve got no pick in this series. I hope the Rangers win the cup - as that would be cool. But, I’ve not followed the Stanley Cup playoffs either.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    I’m a fan of both teams, but a Boston championship means more to me.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I would love to see the Celts win, but after watching Game 7 where they barely beat a Miami team that had only 1 player doing anything… if Butler hit that 3 or took a lay up this may be a different finals match up. Curry has never won a finals MVP. It’s hard for me to understand why anyone likes the Warriors other than being a bandwagoner. Celts have a solid line up of a lot of stand up guys, Marcus Smart looks like a trouble maker but he’s far from it. Note - in a recent article Warriors fans were named the most annoying in all sports. Why? Because Warriors fans didn’t even exist 6 years ago.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    The way the Warriors big 3 move the ball has always been exceptional.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    @shai ‘It’s hard for me to understand why anyone likes the Warriors other than being a bandwagoner. Note - in a recent article Warriors fans were named the most annoying in all sports. Why? Because Warriors fans didn’t even exist 6 years ago.’ I’m not a warriors fan (knicks fan, ugh) but I root for the warriors because they are fun to watch. They are very skilled and watching them play fast and score is beautiful. Not my thing, but they are also easy to root for as they built the team through the draft (now that Durant is gone). I don’t mind free agent super teams but some people like drafted teams. Finally, they usually play with a small team with Draymond being the tallest player on the floor at 6’7”? Again, fun. And yes, he does some punk stuff, but Draymond also does a lot of the hustle work, playing D and passing the ball to make his teammates better. If he could just stop kicking opponents in the nuts, people could see what a force he is. And again, not a fan but as a NY kid I rooted for the original warriors scoring machine. Chris Mullin and the Run TMC Warriors with Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway, Sr.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Jimmy you have a valid argument. I just have a special hatred for them since I’m a lifelong Cavs fans. We’d probably have at least 3 rings instead of 1 if it weren’t for them. Was a big fan of Chris Mullen back in the day, but that was a totally different Warriors team.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    All teams that win get some sort of bandwagon affect after winning. Especially when they win a lot in a short time. In baseball, I've been a lifetime Giants fan and only recently have seen a lot more Giants baseball hats everywhere I go. People wore bags over their heads for Giants teams in the late 70's. I've never been a big NBA fan but the Warriors were my local team growing up so I always rooted for them. I remember underhand freethrow shooting Rick Barry and their championship. I think this will be a competitive series. The Warriors are not as good on defense as they were in prior years but they can play defense when they try.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Not a fan of the Warriors team. But I am a fan of Steph Curry. He very well may be the greatest outside shooter of all time. He is deadly from just about anywhere past mid-court.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I pick the Celtics simply because they are bigger and just as athletic. The only caveat to them winning is how badly injured Smart and Williams are right now. A healthy Williams makes the Celtic's defense world class. Watching him jump out from under the basket and block a 3 point shot is not something you see very often.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Fuck both teams but I'd rather see the Warriors win.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^never even jokingly thought a pussy would like sports.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    “Chris Mullin and the Run TMC Warriors with Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway” Funny you mentioned this - when I read the title my first thoughts were Larry Bird and Chris Mullin and Run TMC guess I haven’t watched much NBA in a few years
  • TFP
    2 years ago
    There's been plenty of Warrior fans since before the dynasty. We just hadn't had much to cheer about. The biggest noise we made before 2014 and the Run TMC era was the 'we believe' team of 2008. Can't say there weren't Warrior fans before 6 years ago when it was loud as fuck in that arena when little Baron Davis dunked on AK-47 15 years ago. Seeing all the Warrior hate only helps me understand why Lebron and other stupidly good ass players/teams get so much hate. People can't stand greatness when it's not their team. I understand, I hated Tom Brady and the Patriots for over a decade. But facts are facts, those were some of the greatest teams in the history of the NFL, with the goat QB. And it pains me to say that since I've always held Joe Montana in that regard. This Warrior/Celtics matchup should be a great series. This is the team I was most worried about coming out of the east. TBH, I felt we dodged a major bullet when Ja Morant went down and when the Suns shit the bed in that game 7. These physical teams give us problems and the Celtics have some physical guys. I think it's going 7 games.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Pretty impressive 4th Qtr from the Celtics.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Golden State came out super-hot last night; were up by as many as 16; up 12 going into the 4th quarter and then got absolutely smoked; on a night where Jayson Tatum had his worst shooting night of the playoffs. the 4th quarter was the celtics best of the season and I wonder if Curry will feel the twist he put on his ankle.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    "I think it's going 7 games." That Celtics team made the Warriors look tired, old, and slow in the fourth quarter. They basically gave up on their home court and a 12 point deficit got flipped the other way. If the Warriors go down 2-0 it might not go 5.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I follow a lot of sharps and NOBODY was on the Celts. That’s always a sign for me. Everyone was also on the over which easily hit. I doubt the Warriors go done 0-2. Big Al was awesome last night.
  • ww
    2 years ago
    @TFP Most of the hate on the Warriors stem from the addition of Kevin Durant, which EVERYONE knew was going to result in a competitive imbalance. Funny in that NBA allowed that transaction but nixed Chris Paul going to the Lakers years earlier under the notion THAT would create a competitive imbalance. The Warriors are also a little extra when it comes to showboating.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Celtics +120
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    The team's silence means fuck you
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    I had something half written but it got bogged down when I was writing about how the Celtics outworked Miami last series. If the Dubs can't match the energy level for an entire game it's going to be a short Finals. It's only been one game, but there's a 2004 Pistons look to this series.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Most of the hate for the Warriors results from the fact that Steve Kerr has surpassed Pop as the most woke coach in the NBA - and that’s saying something
  • loper
    2 years ago
    I wish Curry would stop chewing on his mouth guard -- it's really annoying. This has the look of the Celtics/Nets series to me -- Celtics in 4. Ime Udoka is brilliant.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    It's interesting watching Ime. Good, bad or otherwise, he is the same. Never overreacts. He also calls the team out when needed, with no blowback. Best of all, when the Celtics sucked the first half of the year, he put it on the players and said they would work within his system, or it was on them. Stopping the usage of Marcus Smart at shooting guard and playing him at point guard, despite not really being one, or either for that fact, made Smart do much better. Shout out to Brad Stevens for the Derek White trade, which put them over the top and getting Horford back for time to retire Kemba Walker.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    The Warriors can sustain a better effort, but can they summon the collective will to push themselves to do so. The Warriors were looking for the Celtics to succumb to their offensive onslaughts (Friday) and then didn't adapt well to the Celtics going smaller and bearing down to close them out. I've seen neither team display the will or ability to crush a real contender in 4 straight games. Looking forward to Game 2!
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    Great win for Celtics. Usual great defense and the couldn’t miss in the 4th quarter. They’re probably not going to go on a streak like that many times, but their defense will always be tough. Celtics can win the series.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    Stud: Otto Porter can hit the open 3, but I don't see him going 4 of 5 from 3 every night. Steph Curry will be 7 of 14 again in this series, but Otto Porter and Kevon Looney will not be able to continue moving on GS's pick action. GS shot 38% from 3 vs the Celtics 36% on 3's this season. GS left everyone wide open in 3 point territory, but Jay Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Payton Pritchard, and Grant Williams. When they cover Horford outside tomorrow, will they have enough inside to deter the drives of Tatum, Brown, White, and Smart at the rim. I like basketball and I look forward to seeing every game in this series even if I don't like the outcome. Scrub: Just change your name to crotchrot! You are insufferable!
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    I watched a lot of the Larry Bird Celtics. He played high school basketball here in Indiana and no one would have guessed he would someday be winning NBA championships. We had a yearly high school all-star game with Kentucky. The Indiana coach hardly played Bird and Bird got so angry about it that it gave him an incentive to work harder.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    OT - Lightning beat the Rangers to pull within a game in that NHL series. I was real worried in the 2nd period when the Renters went up 2-0. But then battled back to win 3-2. It's weird that Tampa has become such a hockey city.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Game 2 of the NBA Finals is tonight. Can the Celtics keep up that defensive intensity ? Will Steph Curry take over the game and score 50 ? Warriors can't lose tonight or the series might be over already.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I thought that the Rangers let up after they went up 2-0 but Tampa kept up their intensity, Rangers needed that as a wake up because some of their players were coasting not really grinding it out, next game will show what these Rangers are made of I am rooting for Boston, but I have my doubts about their commitment, the Warriors seem to be riding on their reputation, maybe Draymond needs to kick someone in the balls, let's watch the game tonight and find out.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    'fuck my mother who died of cancer 15 years ago.' She could have done the world a favor if she took you with her!
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Game 2 was a totally different outcome. Nice start from Jayson Tatum. But other than him, the Celtics looked clueless. Warriors were red hot from the 3 point line also. Series is now tied 1-1 which still gives the home court advantage to Boston.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Well there goes the sweep lol. The Dubs found their motors and played hard the entire game until garbage time. Will be interesting to see that adjustments both teams make before Game 3.
  • loper
    2 years ago
    I think that Draymond's antics threw Brown, et. al. for a loop. Hopefully my Celtics will be coached on how to deal with him tonight.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Brown is a pussy. He was in the news yesterday suggesting they might boycott a game because of gun violence. Glad he's focusing on that rather than his pathetic 1-10 shooting after Draymond was mean to him. He's actually a bigger bitch than Jayson Tatum.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    Ski: You can pontificate here and still deliver the goods in your profession.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Didn’t I tell y’all the other day Draymond is the spark that gets GS moving, Celtics coaches need to better prep them or they’re gonna lose where they had it won.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I notice that from the bubble days onward that whenever politics comes up Jaylen Brown's mouth is always flapping, and his game disappears. He got bitch slapped by Green and failed miserably in game 2. Ime cannot make tough leaders out of the current Celtic leadership duo.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    So the series is over because Jaylen can’t adjust to Draymond? Too funny! Draymond can muck up the game and actually defend. I will enjoy your flippity flop on this series.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I thought you were too offended by the NBA for promoting social justice. You're still watching though.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Gay rights make you butt hurt 🤔😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😭
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Not a flip flop Rockie - I bet the Celtics to win the series +120. I think they are the better team, despite their deficiencies of leadership. I am offended by the NBA for being left-wing hypocritical douche bags like every other fucking cunt progressive. If they want to make a statement, cancel the championship entirely and give back the cash they're earning from it. Gay people have rights, they just want special privileges.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    I see it simply as a failure to adjust to a change of approach in one game. Jaylen Brown remains a basketball work in progress, but he’s grown since the bubble as a 25 year old basketball player today. And yes, you didn’t say you changed your mind about who’s gonna to win the series. I was wrong in assuming ithat you changed your mind.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    No worries, Rockie I am just incredibly disappointed with Brown and his self-importance as if anyone thinks a bunch of glandular cases skipping work will end gun violence. Gun violence is generational and unless you were a criminal, didn't exist when I was young. I am so tired of the media fawning over athletes, musicians, actors etc. when it comes to politics, when for the most part they are all ignorant, but rich.
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    Just look at the way he and other young players still openly express admiration for that team killer Kyrie Irving.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I know this thread is supposed to be about the NBA. But how about those Tampa Bay Lightning ??? Pulled to even with the Rangers. 2 games apiece. There has not been a better hockey organization than the Lightning the past 3 years.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    crosscheck: The Celtics players may have had an inside look at how Kyrie & KD viewed the Celtics from the Brooklyn locker room (last year) and yet chose to not change their current public commentary and behavior to suit their purposes. Ime certainly brought insight onto how the Celtics were perceived by the Nets in 2021 and the 76ers in 2020.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    2 teams that I don't like but if I was to choose i'd rather see the Celtics win this series.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    Nice win for Celts with balanced offense and usual excellent defense. Draymond Green exposed. Curry possibly hurt. Btw I’m a Sixers fan so I don’t like the Celts when we play, but it’s undeniably a great franchise.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Important statistic. During the playoffs this year, when Boston has more than 15 turnovers, they are 0-5 . When they have less than 15 TO's, they are 14-2 . Last night they has 12. Celtics won. The Warriors defense is gonna have to do better than it did in Game 3 or the Celtics are gonna hang another banner soon.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Thank you, Jaylen Brown, for making me eat my words. You too Jayson Tatum. As much as it hurts to be wrong, you covered and cash makes it alright.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Game 4 in Boston is tonight. Celtics up 2-1. How hurt is Steph Curry ? If he can't go, this series is over.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^According to Bleacher Report Curry is ok and will play tonight in game 4
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    Celts win tonight - the place will be bonkers
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I think Steph Curry showed everyone what Hall of Fame means last night. Series tied at 2-2. Now the Warriors have the home court advantage back, if there is such a thing in this series.
  • TFP
    2 years ago
    Nobody wants to talk about this now. Yeah you muthafuckas!!! Warriors back in this shit, y'all forgot about us! Had some key injuries the last couple years and people forgot we threaten this league every year when we're healthy. No KD, no problem! Boston, work on those turnovers. I thought my Warriors were bad with turnovers, y'all make us look careful with the ball. Where Ninabambina at??!! We champs once again, fuck Boston and all their 'fuck you Draymond' chants. Y'all worried about Draymond when you should of been worried about chef Curry with the shot and the finals MVP, what the fuck!!! Man I bet it's lit at all the bay area strip clubs that were showing the game. I was at a bar and it was a damn good vibe in that place, can only imagine what the strip clubs felt like.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    California won lulz
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    In one of my sports groups the question was asked is Curry top 10? A lot of people said “yes” without any analysis. When you start putting together an actual list, he’s around 12, so not quite there.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Looking at my OP, I said Warrios in 6. Congrats to Steph Curry for proving he is Hall of Fame. What exact Number ? Who cares, but he is up there. And for all those people that. were criticizing Draymond Green, GO FUCK YOURSELF !!! He's a 4 time Champion !!! Olympic Gold Medalist. !!!
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    Curry was HOF before this season let alone this series. Undeniably great player. But fuck Draymond. I’ll give him credit for playing with energy as a big man, but he just happens to have been in the right place at the right time. They win without him.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    There was one difference in this series, that was unexpected and resulted in the Warriors win: Andrew Wiggins. Only took him 8 years to finally play like a number one pick.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    Great series by GS. They spread the ball around and they had multiple contributors - Steph, Klay, Draymond, Wiggins, Poole. Even Kuminga at times. It had to be nuts in the locker room afterwards. I read that amid the champagne showers the warriors were shouting “fuck you Draymond!” Ha.
  • NinaBambina
    2 years ago
    "Where Ninabambina at??!!" You already know! I told everyone the Warriors were gonna win again this year and no one believed me. I wore my Steph jersey during games all year lol. And when it came down to Boston, I called it in 6. I am a very happy woman right now! The Warriors winning AGAIN, after everything they've been through the last couple years, is so special and makes them such true champions. And they still have several years left of being on top. They have some great young players, too. Man I'm so glad to be a fan in this era after thinking for so long that Lebron ruined the league for me, Steph saved it (for me) and the Warriors are just so fun to watch.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion