tuscl

Ever been busted in a strip club for illegal activity?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I have. Once. I have been through 3 vice raids and 3 different clubs.

The first time was at the infamous Memphis Platinum Plus. Fortunately I was only sitting at a table talking to a dancer. About 50 customers and dancers that were in the private dance room got citations for illegal touching.

Second one was at the infamous Follies. No biggie. I think 2 dancers got busted for no city permits.

The last one back around 2012 at the Columbia Platinum Plus, I was in the men's room when the smoking police made a raid. I returned to my table and lit up. There was an ash tray on my table. I did notice an older female close by with clip board that was taking notes. A short time later myself and about 10 other customers were taken to the lobby and given citations for smoking. It was a $25 fine that I mailed in. I complained to the manager. He apologized saying that they usually get a warning when a raid is coming. He gave me 2 chits for free drinks.

I guess I am lucky that the one citation is the only one that I have gotten considering. :) BTW I don't smoke anymore.

23 comments

• georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Nope. Not a single time.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Not one.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Never.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Nope
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I've been in clubs in NC and VA where everyone was smoking. Apparently the fines for it are charged to the club, and they just consider it a running business expense.

I suspect that most PLs who smoke actually like it that you can't smoke in the club. Gives them an excuse to go outside with the strippers who smoke.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I’ve never done anything illegal in a strip club.

I have at least 50 female witnesses that will testify on my behalf
  • Subraman
    2 years ago
    Here in SF this pretty much doesn't happen. The one time the PD tried to fuck with the DA and did a raid on a strip club, the DA's office refused to prosecute and dropped all charges, and that was that. So, a nope for me -- and really that's because there's no real risk of that here. There IS a risk for getting by the bouncers or management if you get extras at a non-extras club with an alcohol license, but I've never been caught.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^^ what about the San Francisco bathhouses? Ever get into any trouble there?

I’ve been in a club a few times where the police have come in. I think 3 times to be exact. Once time they went into the dressing room and a few minutes came out with a dancer in handcuffs in street clothes (never found out why she was being arrested but some people there figured it was some sort of parole violation). The other two times, once they walked around the club and left, the other time they just stayed in the lobby talking to staff for about 20 minutes then left.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    Nope. The only bust I’ve ever heard of in seattle was 20+ years ago when the fbi tracked local mob-light boss Frank Colacurcio for a year for various transgressions, and then did a spectacle style raid of his club Rick’s one night. Of course you can’t get our county prosecutor to actually prosecute anyone, so I can see why the cops don’t try.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    I've been busted by the bouncers for doing illegal activities and kicked out a few times, but never been busted by the cops.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Never been busted and never been in a club when it's being raided. I have walked into clubs right after a raid had happened a couple of times. Both times, there was absolutely NO atmosphere inside the club when I got there so those visits were very short. A raid kinda takes the enthusiasm out of the girls.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    I almost got into a fight with a guy at the club who wouldn’t shut the FU! So finally I asked if he wanted to step outside, and he had the gall to ask me what my problem was once we exited the club! Club staff followed us out shortly and stopped anything from happening, but it was as close as I have been.

Years ago I watched one guy get up turn around and punch a dude square in the cheek. He sat down as the guy that got punched hit the floor. Shortly after, maybe a couple minutes passed the guy got up and went to the restroom like nothing happened! Both men stayed at the club, too. Strange but definitely something that I fear could escalate into something else, and why it didn’t I don’t know why.
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    When I go to the strip club I am a gentleman. I keep my hands to the side during the dance, bring hand sanitizer to clean both of our hands before and after, and always ask her to get off my lap if Im close to release
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Years ago a club I was in was busted about an hour after I left. It seems that undercovers were in there watching things before they made the bust.
    It was a lame club with no private area so the worst that ever happened there was some touching or sometimes a nipple flash.
    I heard afterwards that they detained everyone that was there and took names etc, but only the manager and 3 or 4 dancers were charged. It was a BS bust and nobody was convicted.
  • bang69
    2 years ago
    None
  • tinoel
    2 years ago
    @shailynn, which bathhouses were this?
  • tin man
    2 years ago
    No, but I've seen one happen as i was leaving and I've seen a few shoot outs in the clubs. Other than that, nothing too serious and i hope it stays that way.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    I've never been arrested or seen anyone arrested in hundreds of strip club visits. Out of curiosity, I've asked my stripper regulars if it ever happens. They have told me that police raids usually just lead to drug possession arrests or tickets involving fines for things like not wearing nipple tape. Your chances of being arrested for illegal sexual activities in a club are quite small. You can get thrown out by the bouncers, though.
  • caseyx
    2 years ago
    Never. I did hear a great story about a raid from a dancer, which I hope is true. At a well known extras club, supposedly the dancer was on her knees giving a blowjob when the cops burst into the VIP. Apparently they had a warrant out for the customer. So they put him in handcuffs and marched him out (don't recall if she said they let him pull his pants up) and just shrugged at the dancer. Probably a bullshit story but I can imagine the cops not wanting to bother with a prostitution charge when they were arresting someone for a real crime.
  • Array
    2 years ago
    I got a lap dance in Houston about 20 years ago that was close to an air dance but not quite. Afterwards the dancer apologized for the poor dance quality and explained that she was on probation. She had recently given a blow job to a guy. When finished the guy thanked her for a great blow job but he was going to have to arrest her since he was an undercover cop.
  • Harderlap
    2 years ago
    I have never been arrested in a strip club, but I have had experiences with raids and/or visits from the police.

The first was in the 70s where the club was raided for violating some its ordinance. The bartender, doorman who took the cover charge where all given citations, I guess because they handled money for illegal activities. The manager was arrested and taken off. All of the customers were asked to show ID and their naves an addresses written down.

The second was a bit unusual and had little to do with the fact that it was a strip club. About 1100 at night the club lights came up and a couple of uniformed officers accompanied by a couple of suits (lawyers?), went around checking people’s Ids against a list of people who had outstanding warrants. I don’t think they found any, but they did give out a couple for underage drinking. It was a college town. This whole event was kind of a downer, so after the cops left, I, and others oved down the street to another club. Ten minutes afterI got there, the whole scenario played out again.
  • Harderlap
    2 years ago
    Sorry for the two posts, but I hit send too early

The third time I was getting a nice table dance with some OTP stick shifting in an upscale club. The floor mom began making rounds talking to all the dancers. After she left mine, the dancer told me that there was an undercover cop in the club. That cut short my visit.

The fourth time was odd, the house lights came up and most the dancers immediately headed for the dressing room. They were followed by a policewoman and another woman in a suit. Turns out they were giving warnings to the dancers not wearing nipple coverings, a seldom enforced regulation here.

I have been told that certain announcements by the DJ were meant as warnings to the dancers that there were undercover cops in the club.

I have been to clubs, especially in downtown areas where cops still walked beats, where a couple of uniformed cops would show up and stand just outside the entryway to enjoy a free show for 10 or 15 minutes.

Many clubs I have been to have sported stickers or posters out front or in the lobby that they supported various police functions an organizations. I suppose to deter raids
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    I have never been busted for anything. I'm a model citizen.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion