tuscl

FINAL FOUR Thread

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Is the game of the century happening Saturday night? UNC/Duke. I already warned my wife, I’m willing to miss the first game if there’s something she wants to do, but I will be in my man cave, alone, with a beer and popcorn for the night game - UNC/DUKE.

Most writes ups this week are picking UNC and Villanova and UNC as the champ. The most exciting would be Duke and Kansas. Villanovas style is slow and methodical when compared to the other 3 teams.

I personally am not making any predictions as I have done absolutely horrible betting during March madness, although I had a really good betting season on college basketball. You’d think since I’ve watched some much basketball this season I’d do better in March Madness but I guess that’s the beauty of it.

22 comments

• Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Kind of funny this year. We has all the upsets in the early rounds. And yet when we get to the Final 4, it's four schools that regularly get there. I'm picking Duke. For no other reason than to send Coach K out on a winning note. I would think the Duke players would want to make up for losing Coach K's final home game.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    The tournament started out with a bunch of upsets, but order is restored I’m going out on a limb and picking UNC.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    In most years I feel like once they get to the final four, you might as well flip a coin because all the teams are pretty even it all comes down to who is hot that day. This is one of those years.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Some country music guy I never heard of (but he's apparently big in that genre) cancelled a concert scheduled for Saturday so he could attend the UNC/Duke game. Damn, that really takes some balls and a huge fuckin ego. An arena full of people already purchased tickets and he cancels on Wednesday for a Saturday show. It's a 19,000 seat arena that was reportedly sold-out. Isn't he under some contractual obligation to perform?

https://nypost.com/2022/03/30/eric-churc…

This guy must be a next-level type of asshole, but I'll give him this: he didn't try to make up some bullshit excuse. He just flat out said he'd rather watch the game.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Duke has looked the best of the four. They aren’t deep, but they are also deeper at a 7 man rotation than any of the other schools. Carolina is 5 deep. Kansas is a little better at 6 deep. Nova is 4 deep. They are in trouble.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I have Nova and Duke as my final. I saw my final go bust when a Nova player went limp in the final minutes of their last game.

I would enjoy seeing Duke go out with a championship as an appropriate send off for Coach K. I look forward to the games this weekend.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Wait, Cashman you actually have Duke and Nova in the Final 4 on your bracket?!?!?!?! That's impressive. I think 90% of all brackets in the entire country had either Gonzaga or Arizona in there. In my group bracket you can look online at who everyone had and out of all the entries only 5 (that still have a chance of winning) have Duke in the championship game.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Well Kansas/Nova was a pretty boring game. Let's hope UNC/Duke is better. Either one will need their A-game on Monday, that's for sure.
  • CandymanOfProvidence
    3 years ago
    Ka Ka!
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    We fixed da final 4 McDonald's shitters CrazyJoe destroyed today
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    My mens bracket busted Saturday night. Yes, my final 4 was Kansas, Nova, Duke and Kentucky.

My womens bracket went to shit too - as I thought that Beuckers and the rest of UConn wouldn’t play so well this year. I had them losing early - and I had Stanford winning it all.

This premature bracket busting is not something I am happy to admit publicly. It’s not very satisfying.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Let’s go Tarheels
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I hope Bacot is good to go for tonight.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Look at Scrubbie posting an obvious Kansas Ad!
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I agree misterorange about Bacot.

That bearded man bun big guy that NC has isn’t enough against the Kansas big man.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Duke ftw
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Fuck they lost lulz
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Then fuck UNC. I'm with Kansas
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @Cash
    That dude Manek looks like Teen Wolf! Lol
    https://www.si.com/.image/ar_16:9%2Cc_fi…

• misterorange
    3 years ago
    Wow. That was the worst and weirdest National Anthem I ever heard. At least no one kneeled.
  • magicrat
    3 years ago
    Worst half by a team in a national championship game ever? Kansas can't shoot, can't rebound, and turns the ball over seemingly on 50% of their possessions. How did they get there?
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Bacot is hurt but still contributing, and Manek is fuckin' on fire.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion