tuscl

NFL Quarterback Musical Chairs

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Wow, a lot has happened in a few days.

Deshaun Watson - let’s face it nobody in Cleveland gives a crap about his past as long as he wins.

Matt Ryan - good fit IMO - they have a shot to make the playoffs with him.

Marcus Mariota - yep that’s not gonna work

Where is Baker Mayfield going?

If I was a starting QB in the NFL right now I’d be a lot more happy playing in the NFC this year!

24 comments

• Warrior15
    2 years ago
    When you're getting pid $40MM a year to play, does it really matter where ?
  • Bigbadjohn
    2 years ago
    Also Russell Wilson going to the broncos, IMO the best QB move so far.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    And if you really want to see people lose their effing minds … there was an article in yesterday’s WSJ that Colin Kaepernick had been working out with NFL receivers and wants a shot at a backup job …. The WSJ comment section was priceless. Proposition or allegedly assault 22 masseuses? People are mad. Take a knee and ‘disrespect the flag and the military?’ People are 100x beyond mad. Truly crazy.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    “ When you're getting pid $40MM a year to play, does it really matter where ?”

Well, no but the little things count. For example I’m sure Deshaun wanted to know how many massage parlors there are in Cleveland as well as how many attorneys.

And sorry BigBad I totally forgot about Wilson. I’m interested to see if he can be a stud on the field again or is he really past his prime? We will find out by mid October!
  • clubdude
    2 years ago
    You guys seem to of missed the big quarterback moves. Trubisky to Steelers and Wentz to the Commanders.....ugh, bartender, I'll have another!
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Colin Kaepernick was a poor-to-mediocre QB at best. His politics didn’t put an end to a long career.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Colin Kaepernick who had a player's option and declined it? No one wants a quitter, a loudmouth and a piece of shit trying to be blacker than anyone, when in fact he was raised whiter than white. The liberal media homosexuals love this guy; football fans do not. 22 women must have lied. DeShaun wouldn't do anything wrong and even accusing him makes you a racist. If you support him, you are a misogynist and a closeted homophobe. NFL is good for gambling only..
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    I'm just glad the Dolphins didn't get Watson. The Texans clearly got the better end of that deal, many thanks to the Browns for doing dumber shit than the Fins.
  • datinman
    2 years ago
    Bad ownership groups create bad teams.

Texans after the trade have a promising young qb in Davis Mills. They gained 3 #1's, 1 3rd round, and 2 4th round picks over the next 3 years. They save $24 million on the 2022 salary cap to use on free agents.

and they will still fuck it up.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    @mark ‘Colin Kaepernick was a poor-to-mediocre QB at best. His politics didn’t put an end to a long career’

That’s horseshit. His numbers and record say otherwise. At worst, at the very worst, he was an average starting qb, otherwise known as top 15 in the world.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    I'm disgusted with the Browns' trade. They gave up way too much. I'll try to be back to elaborate when I have more time.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Jimmy he was great in 2012 and 2013, decent in 2014 and bad in 2015 and 2016. Not exactly a great career trajectory.

You said look at his stats so I did. In 2015 and 2016 combined he was 3 and 16 as a starter with a QB rating of around 46. Not exactly elite performance, but better than a few NFL QBs did last year.

I'm not saying he isn't a great quarterback among all quarterbacks in the world. He probably is somewhere in the top 25-50 in the world. I don't know that he is necessarily in the top 32 to be an NFL franchise's starter, but I certainly don't think he is worth the PR issues and internal team drama.

Of course I believe Watson is in the top 10 QBs currently playing and I wasn't sure that he was worth the PR nightmare but Cleveland clearly thinks he is.
  • datinman
    2 years ago
    Colin Kaepernick is never going to play in the NFL again, period.

But I have an idea. The new super woke version of ESPN that keeps bringing up what an injustice this is should offer him a high dollar contract for NFL live. Problem solved.

Oh wait, Is their concern over ratings greater than their desire for social justice? Is that any different from any of the NFL teams?
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    @whodey

That’s a glass half empty look at his stats. 2016 in 12 games he was 59% completion, 16 tds, 4 picks, 2200 yds passing, 460 yds rushing, 2 rush tds. Team was 1-10 in his starts. You can argue that’s on him but team was 2-14 overall. They weren’t winning without him either. 2015 coach was Jim Tomsula. 2016 was Chip Kelly. Those teams sucked and I take the side that he put up very good numbers on a very bad team. That’s a checkmark on the good side.

Either way, since he was in the paper I thought I’d post. Never fails to draw out the other agenda crowd. ^
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ===> "That’s horseshit. His numbers and record say otherwise. At worst, at the very worst, he was an average starting qb, otherwise known as top 15 in the world."

Jimmy, his numbers wouldn't say that to you if you had an inkling of what you were talking about. Kaepernick couldn't get it into the end zone and he couldn't win games. He padded his stats during garbage time, when teams were already way ahead and playing a soft zone that let him throw a lot of easy passes, yet even then he couldn't get to 200 yards per game. These are the reasons why they benched him in favor of Blaine Gabbert (who sucks) late in 2016.

Now I'm not going to sit here and say that he wouldn't have found another job if he didn't do the knee thing, but it was far from his only problem. An outstanding QB can get away with a lot and still be employed in the NFL, but a mediocre (at best) QB with bad mechanics and declining skills doesn't have the same luxury. Simply put, he couldn't get another job because he was not nearly worth the headaches that hiring him would bring to a team.
  • DeclineToState
    2 years ago
    ->Colin Kaepernick was a poor-to-mediocre QB at best.

Being in 49ers country and having observed his career over time, I agree. His 2012-2013 seasons were solid not spectacular despite being big part of getting 49ers to Super Bowl after after 2012 season. His 2014-2016 seasons were progressively bad. He would not have been a quality starter or even perhaps a starter at all 2016 forward. Hard to dispute though that he would've had a career as backup were it not for his anthem kneeling, exacerbated by his general wackiness.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Lots of changes - it'll be interesting to see how it pans out next season.

Matt Ryan being paired-up with Frank Reich looks like will be a good combo.
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    Would have loved the Patriots to pick up Deshaun. Im sure Kraft would have given his some pointers on where to get the best 4 hand massage
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Colin Kaepernick was a faster version of Tim Tebow.

Okay maybe not that bad but I had to say it!

• Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Colin Kaepernick who discovered social justice after getting benched for Blaine Gabbert, compared playing in the NFL to slavery, compared police officers to pigs and praised Castro, and has orchestrated publicity stunt after publicity stunt to stay relevant. 2007 Tom Brady wouldn't be worth this much drama.

Someone could get a bargain on Baker Mayfield. They know the Browns have to sell, and buyer after buyer is drying up. He'll never be the focal point of a Super Bowl team, but is still an average to slightly above NFL QB when healthy.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^^^ word is the Steelers may consider grabbing him for the right price.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ I think the Browns will be lucky to get a 4th. And trade to their greatest historical rival? Questionable.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ^ Doubt it. He hasn't played for 6 years and wasn't good even when he was playing. The Steelers have never been one of those teams to engage in publicity stunts for attention. The word I am hearing is that they have their sights set on Baker Mayfield.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Oops - my complete bad shailynn. I thought you were talking about CK. I completely missed what you were responding to.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion