tuscl

Best city for SC in the US - Tampa?

Sunday, November 18, 2007 2:21 PM
Hi Im a new member and am going to Tampa on business next week. If I understand correctly its probably the best SC city in the US right?. Any opinions on this one (or any cities that are better?). thanks!

15 comments

• BuckMcNutter
    17 years ago
    Tampa or Parts of South Florida. ie; Pompano or North Miami
  • curiousier
    17 years ago
    I haven't been to that many clubs, but Scarlett's of Ybor was great. It's nude. Thee Dollhouse is pretty good, if you like pasties. Bikini bar, um, maybe Class Act. Stay away from Deja Vu. I hear the Gold Club is good, but I haven't been there personally. Good luck.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Either Tampa, Toronto, Montreal, Houston, Dallas, or San Francisco, depending on what you're looking for, how much money you're willing to spend, etc.
  • minnow
    17 years ago
    Hi, rookie, you're going to Tampa on company dime? There are worse fates in the world. If Tampa isn't the best SC city, you should have a lot of fun in the process of finding this out. Eagerly anticipating review(s) from you.....
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    First off, a hearty welcome to the TUSCL family. We hope you enjoy the website and be proactive in discussions and reviews. Good luck! I read that Tampa clubs are good for extras, but can be costly also. Whatever you do when you travel to Tampa, carry condoms, as you will probably literally get 'fucked' in one of their clubs, and don't want any STDs. Again, good journey, good luck.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Depends what you like - high mileage, attractive friendly women, low prices, variety (eg. many different clubs of many different types), fancy places, dives, extras, etc. I wouldn't argue with any of the cities listed. But I'd add Baltimore, Providence and Philly to the list. I'm not sure any other city offers the variety that Baltimore does.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I gotta check out Philadelphia. What is so great about the mongering in that city? Anything general about the whole burg to add, or is it just that several given clubs are excellent?
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    I would think that St. Louis would have to be up there. You can find the whole range of clubs, from the glittery and upscale to hole-in-the wall, and a range of dancers from glamour-girl models to "any-port-in-a-storm" types. The clubs have the longest hours I'm aware of, outside of Las Vegas, and security is not a problem. After I have gone to clubs in other cities, I am often reminded of how good I have it here in my own backyard.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    The thing about Philly (including surrounding burbs) is that it has just about anything you might want. If you like friendly and inexpensive neighborhood places, there are tons of them. If you prefer a GC, you have several to choose from. If you like sleezy, it's there too. Super high mileage? That too. All black? Yes. Nude, yes. Booze, yes. BYO, yes. Name it and it's there. I can't think of a type of place that you can't find in the city of brotherly love. And some of the places are pretty unique. Baltimore's pretty similar, although there are fewer choices in some types of place and prices tend to be little higher. Baltimore also has some places where everything is readily available. Philly probably does too but I'm not familiar with them. In terms of variety and sheer number of decent clubs, I don't know of any other cities that can match those two. There probably are some but I'm not familiar with them. Maybe Tampa comes closest.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    To borrow a sports nerd term, I think there's "more parity" among many locales than 12-15 years ago, when Tampa and San Francisco were the big strip club meccas that many agreed were the best cities in the country. I get the feeling SF has dropped bigtime since the Willie Brown days. And many smaller towns like Columbia, South Carolina and Providence may well have everything you'd look for in a city with dozens of clubs. That said, any list of three or more that doesn't include Detroit is a joke.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    Tampa can be fun depending on what local ordinances are in effect on the week that you are down there-it changes all the time and not always for the better. I club in Providence and I would say it currently stacks up well against Tampa and is probably a bit cheaper. I've seen hapless rookies blow through three or four hundred dollars in no time in Tampa. Take a deep breath and look before you leap.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Chitown: most NOLa clubs have no hours at all. If that's of interest to you. They're just open "whenever." If there's a crowd on Bourbon Street, then there are likely three girls working and you can amble in. If it's prime time, more girls are working. I have yet to figure out when some of them clean up (or if they ever do).
  • zee2gee
    17 years ago
    Philly is sometimes hit or miss.... the predominantly black clubs there used to be anything goes. They've gotten stricter but old standbys like The Piccadilly (if you love the sistas you have to go to this place although its in the heart of the hood) have regular dancers who know how to supercede. Club Moet is another one that can be very rewarding but you have to go at the right time. The more upscale mixed clubs have nothing but eye candy but sometimes the mileage will piss you off. But as was said before there is something for everyone in Philly.
  • ShotDisc
    17 years ago
    Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale/WPB, Columbia SC. A nod of respect to a former top town- Memphis.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Book Guy, if you're heading for Philly send me an email and I'll tell you what I know. Some of it isn't appropriate for here.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion