founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
Monday, December 13, 2021 10:53 PM
I will let VIP members see it first.

Stay tuned for a link

73 comments

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I am looking forward to seeing what you've done.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Oh hell yeah. IIRC you hyped this one as the biggest redo yet back earlier this year. I'm stoked.
  • founder
    3 years ago
    Question: Should "MEMBER A" be allowed to post to a thread started by "MEMBER B" if "MEMBER B" ignores "MEMBER A"?
  • RockAllNight
    3 years ago
    I vote NO
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    We've had threads moderated by the OP in past versions. In practice it eliminates dissenting views and makes the board much less interesting. Obviously it's your board and your call.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ You can't force people to like one another, but you can enforce tolerance, if you tolerate intolerance, it's impossible to enforce civility'
    What I mean by that founder, you had a two way ignore, I'm going to guess as an experiment for a short time, did it create the atmosphere you were attempting to, your website your choice, I mean that respectfully, The decision is yours founder.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I do not want people that I have on Ignore to be able to post to my threads. Does that answer your question ?
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    I agree!
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    Two-way ignore literally fractured ge board into separate entities. It was TUSCL at its lowest point
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Founder asked: "Question: Should 'MEMBER A' be allowed to post to a thread started by 'MEMBER B' if 'MEMBER B' ignores 'MEMBER A?'

No. If a user has ignored another user, then that ignored user should not be able to participate in threads started by the person who ignored them.

If someone gets ignored by a few people, then there's still plenty of threads for them to participate in and they have the ability to start their own threads. If someone gets ignored by over a hundred users (like desertscrub), then that's the price you pay for that behavior.

I think that this would reduce the level of off-topic contentiousness and decrease some of the impact made by troll profiles that exist solely to troll.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    It could work as an honor system among contributing members to not abuse it. But to just block somebody who disagrees with you, then your a little bitch. So it should be public information so that everybody else could call that thread starter out. But if it’s to just block a malicious troll who contributes absolutey nothing then I’m all for it. Then they’ll just give up and go away eventually.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Also, looking forward to the new site. I think we all appreciate the work that has gone into it.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I’m more in favor of a temp ban for like month where you just can’t post on the board or post on pictures, especially dancer photos (talk about a quick way to drive off dancers) if it’s universally agreed upon by contributing legit members across the site. They could still utilize the rest of site. That alone would do a ton of good. Do we need to see some piece of shit that we can’t get rid of to post under some dancers selfies to say that she’s ugly repeatedly? Is that necessary?
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    And no pms too I’m sure that’s another shit show that’s going on behind closed doors
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    “ Question: Should "MEMBER A" be allowed to post to a thread started by "MEMBER B" if "MEMBER B" ignores "MEMBER A"?

Yes.

Is the answer “no” any different than the two way block that was in effect for a while? I didn’t like that. Currently ignore allows the poster to ignore anyone he wants to. Don’t think posters should be allowed to force other to ignore him.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "No. If a user has ignored another user, then that ignored user should not be able to participate in threads started by the person who ignored them."

This 100%. In the absence of this prohibition a troll can pepper post 100 times, blowing up and continuously bumping a thread to get attention.

I also liked the Hide Comment feature that was briefly introduced. It allowed someone to put a misbehaving participant at the kiddie table without having to fully ignore the member. The threads became much more civil when this feature was available.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    I'll say what I said years ago on the topic of broader diversity and dancer participation. If this is truly your goal, then IMO either you need some type of moderation (which is likely not feasible) or you need to build other ways for users to have more control over their experiences. Allowing users more control over their own threads strikes me as a happy middle ground, but of course that is your call.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    “Question: Should "MEMBER A" be allowed to post to a thread started by "MEMBER B" if "MEMBER B" ignores "MEMBER A"?

No.

An often used excuse for not utilizing ignore is that it makes threads in which the ignored person posts unreadable, since other users participating in the thread respond to the ignored user. This solves that problem. The ignored user is welcome to start a new thread if they so desire, their voice isn't being silenced. Perhaps you can do an option? Either at the profile level to prevent all ignored users from commenting on your threads or a user by user ignore/block option. I guess you could do it by the thread too, a tickbox when creating the thread to block ignored users or a toggle when reading to show/hide them or something. But, IMO, it's simpler to just block it to start.
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    Founder -

You've gone through this cycle many times, now. In a perfect world, ignore is used to get rid of someone whose only purpose is to be disruptive. In practice ignore means (1) I don't like your opinion, or (2) I don't like you, or (3) I don't want to be challenged. As I said above, it leads to a bland forum.

• rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "In practice ignore means (1) I don't like your opinion, or (2) I don't like you, or (3) I don't want to be challenged. As I said above, it leads to a bland forum."

I actually disagree. While I think that there were definitely a few who did this, IMHO these features were used largely for the purposes intended. Also, as someone who has 11 people ignoring him for some reason, some of whom are likely dancers, I have no problem if they would prefer me not to participate in their threads.

Consider this: Why haven't more of the dancers who posted pics on this site participating in the discussions? Heck, why aren't they coming on here to blatantly market themselves, which I'm sure many of us would welcome? I think we know the answer in part - because virtually every thread turns into a shit show before too long, with people like the moron running the MackTruck account posting stuff like "I dump a load in your basement" and other off topic nonsense.

Just a few thoughts. Personally I think that long-term ability to attract more people into the Discussion room far outweighs the potentials for abuse, but it's your dime and if you want to pay for never-ending Romper Room then that's your prerogative.
  • founder
    3 years ago
    So this looks like a good spot to bury the link to the new site:

https://app.tuscl.net

There are LOTS of things that are incomplete. It's a work in progress. :)
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I assume that not being able to log in is by intent.
  • founder
    3 years ago
    You should be able to login
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    The way people go at it on this board you think that feature would not be abused - you think the "honor system" of "nah I wouldn't block people I just disagree with" would be adhered to?

You've provided enough ways for people to choose whether to see or not see certain posts - I don't think anyone should choose when, where, and what, others can post - either way there will be abuse but what you are proposing would IMO add additional abuse and is tantamount to censorship of opinions.

If there isn't a way to get rid of the trolls/aliases by somehow detecting fake accounts, then what makes most sense is to stop feeding the trolls and not get into it w/ trolls for months and years on end.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I like the clean design. It's probably a good idea that the design and color scheme doesn't scream "adult site" for people who want to do a little research in more public venues.

I attempted to search for strip clubs by map:
    https://app.tuscl.net/listings/map

I allowed location access, but still got a "500. Internal Server Error." I know that you said a lot of things are incomplete.

I'm hoping that the "Photos" section will allow users to filter so that they can choose to see only dancer photos, etc. I don't care about the babe or meme galleries that some members create, so I like the ability to filter out those images and just view photos from verified dancers.

Overall, it's much easier to read and less cluttered.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Nope. I can't log in. Do I need to log out of the old site before I log in to the new site?

I also attempted to log in via a new "Private" window. That also did not work.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    “Question: Should "MEMBER A" be allowed to post to a thread started by "MEMBER B" if "MEMBER B" ignores "MEMBER A"?

I would prefer NO because as others have mentioned when a troll that you have on ignore posts on your discussion and turns the thread into a flame war it can make the entire thread unreadable because others are going back and forth arguing with the troll.

As for the new site, I have a few initial observations. I like that you replaced the previous home page with the What's New content instead of just static links with rotating random pics.

I love the idea of being able to find clubs through a map instead of having to go to the state and hope you know what county the city is in. Right now that feature brings up a 500
    Internal Server Error message because I assume it is still a work in progress. Can't wait to see how it works in the final version.

Love the larger previews on the pictures page. It make's longball's beauties even better.

I don't see the top 40 lists, strip club dancers page or personals section listed anywhere. Is that because they are only visible when logged into the new site or are they going away? I couldn't care less about the personals page but I like the top 40 lists and it seems like the dancer profile page would be important for the site.

Overall it looks good, keep up the great work @founder.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Papi ... You cite basic human nature as a reason why it's unrealistic to expect users to adhere to an "honor system" policy. But then you completely ignore basic human nature when stating "what makes most sense is to stop feeding the trolls...".

Giving the Ignore feature the smallest of teeth is not 'censorship'. If I'm blocked by a few people, then I still have plenty of threads where I can participate. I can also start my own threads and interact with the vast majority of people who don't have me on ignore. But, if I rack up over 100 'ignores' based on my shitty behavior, and that means I can't participate in the threads started by those users, then that's not censorship ... that's a consequence.

And I think it's appropriate for shitty behavior to have a noticeable "sting" or consequence here as it does pretty much everywhere else in real-world living.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I get login failed trying to login.

Also, a minor thing but I noticed you can't like the last message posted, the buttons are missing.
  • founder
    3 years ago
    Has anyone been able to log in to the new site?
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    w.r.t. not knowing someone is responding to an Ignored poster; that is a simple fix - whenever an Ignored poster posts just put a statement such as "Ignored Member Comment" or something like that and then one knows the subsequent poster was responding to an Ignored member.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I haven't been able to log in
  • founder
    3 years ago
    Can you make sure you have cookies enabled please
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    "Question: Should "MEMBER A" be allowed to post to a thread started by "MEMBER B" if "MEMBER B" ignores "MEMBER A"?"

Answer is "NO" to the concept. And "YES" to the new rule, if incorporated. I, for one, "ignore" very few people. Even the ones that hate me and are often rude. But the assholes who just derail threads for the fun of it.... yeah, they need to be put on the sidelines.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    The new site is clean looking I think when you find the few bugs it’s going to be very well received it’s nice founder thank you
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "The way people go at it on this board you think that feature would not be abused - you think the "honor system" of "nah I wouldn't block people I just disagree with" would be adhered to?"

The issue is not whether there will ever be abuse. It's whether the harm caused by the occasional abuse outweighs the potential benefits of broader site participation. I know where my vote is.

as far as the rest of Papi's post, if the current form of ignore worked, this discussion board wouldn't be a shit show. But it is.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I enabled cookies and still can't log in
  • EastCoaster
    3 years ago
    founder, I enabled cookies (at least I think I did) and I'm still not able to log in.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    The cookie-monster got us
  • founder
    3 years ago
    Try to recover your account on the new site

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    My feed is not enabled yet
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Same with bookmarks
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Settings is currently unavailable
  • founder
    3 years ago
    sounds like 25 could log in.

Remember... there are MANY things not available. You don't need to tell me, I already know :(
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I use the recover account feature:

+ told me to enter my email

+ I entered my email

+ it sent me a link

+ I clicked on the link and it told me I needed to be logged in

+ I couldn't log in

I think that is how it went
  • EastCoaster
    3 years ago
    Did the recovery, changed my password, and now I'm in. Thanks.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Are you not able to create an alias and try logging in w/ the alias as if it was one of us trying to log in?
  • founder
    3 years ago
    Remember your passwords and nickname are case sensitive.

Also, make sure you are using your nickname and not email to log in.

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Sorry founder I was just trying to be helpful I’m not criticizing, this site looks much better than the old one.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Yeah - I must be doing something wrong - I get an email - I click on it - it tells me to log in on the TUSCL page it brings up and I can't log in.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I'm tired - I'll try again tomorrow.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Testing a post from the new site.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I posted the above from the new site and it carried over here. I was able to log in to the new site after performing an account recovery from the new site and then generating a password that satisfied the requirements listed on that page.

• IfIGottaBeDamned
    3 years ago
    @Founder: I provided my credentials on the new site and then I was able to read my PMs.

Please include filtering of the Photo section. I particularly don’t want to see photos posted by members on my ignore list.

• ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    If it's not a lot of work, make it an option for each user. I don't care if people I ignore post on a thread I start, cause I won't see it anyway. But if they don't want my posts on their threads, I don't mind being blocked from them.
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    @founder:

'Question: Should "MEMBER A" be allowed to post to a thread started by "MEMBER B" if "MEMBER B" ignores "MEMBER A"?'

No they should not. A has no business on B's post. The only reason I can think of to allow A to post to B's thread is to encourage drama.

Added benefit: with this feature, many trolls will have the wind sucked out of their sails... no one to argue with.
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    I can't log on either... looks cool though!
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    You won me over Papi as the both of us appear on that Top 40 ignore list we both might lose some access to the site right off the bat. There has to be something done though, complete free for all has had its issues I’m all for letting the players play but I still think a drunk ref in the background would do some good rather than none at all.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    I couldn't log on. Are the password requirements different? Some of the posts suggest that.

From what i could see, I like the clean, simple look. If it takes a new password, I'll do that later when the site is officially live.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Also I'm for, in order to encourage reviews, anybody that leads a top 40 list is crowned king and ruler of site and is free to do and say as he pleases. All PL's must swear a oath of loyalty and fealty and all dancers on the website must allow that man, whoever it is, to sow his royal oats with them.
  • EndlessSummer
    3 years ago
    @founder- Lookin good! 💋 Thx for the sneak peek! 🔆
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    1) No, the login field still is not working.

2) No, ignored users should not be able to post on the ignorer's thread. That is the best and surest way to starve the trolls.
  • RockAllNight
    3 years ago
    I was able to log in on the first attempt using browser with only user name and password. No e-mail, no links, anything. Have not trice the phone version.

Looking forward to the evolution of the enhanced site. The site looks clean.

I noticed there are a few less words on the thumbnail of reviews before you open it. If anything, would prefer that a few more words show up.

• EndlessSummer
    3 years ago
    I logged in from my phone with no issue
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I was able to log in after recovering my account through the new site. Just a note: I am seeing threads and comments from folks who I have on ignore, so there's that...
  • yankeez4lif
    3 years ago
    Looking forward to seeing what the mad scientist created in his laboratory. No to ignored user question and no to new site log in.
  • EndlessSummer
    3 years ago
    ---> Question: Should "MEMBER A" be allowed to post to a thread started by "MEMBER B" if "MEMBER B" ignores "MEMBER A"?

There are those I've had on ignore since almost day one of joining. I don't feel that I miss anything when they post and would not feel they'd bring any value to my threads with their responses.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    Yes I can log in. Founder a few suggestions.

1) A selection on the main screen for which discussion board.

2) If you really want discussions on your site about strippers and pl's find a way to make the political discussion board to to take extra click to get to. Let's keep it on point.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    I like how clean and simple it is but I do miss the photos. Thats how you get "clicks"
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Damn, I almost never do this, but I've read comments from others and apparently it's pretty common. I just accidentally hit "approve" on a really suck-ass review, after listing everything that was missing and/or wrong with it.

It would be cool if there was a pop-up that says "Are you sure you want to approve (or reject) this review?" Hopefully this one will still get rejected by others.
  • HungryGiraffe
    3 years ago
    No, re ignored member being able to post on the ignoring member’s thread.

Really nice tweaks. Like the find a club consolidation, simpler main menu, and smaller font.

Big picture, the addition of dancers on the site with their pics, ads and engagement, brought terrific positive “feminine energy” to the site, creating more of an “adult forum” feel, versus a “high schooler club”. Suggest finding more ways for that feminine energy to mesh with the abundance of masculine energy.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I'll just drop this here...

Could you maybe make it so comments on reviews for clubs you follow show up in the My Feed link? Right now the reviews show up, but not the comments.
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    Hell yeah founderz!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion