tuscl

Japanese wagyu is over-rated

Icee Loco (asshole)
I'm a fucking loser
It's $228 for 6 oz at Nobu. It's good but I've had better steak at Flemings and Boa. BUT Nobus Japanese wagyu dumplings are addictive and worth it even at $38 for 4.

I tasted a huge difference in the ground wagyu in the dumplings. But while the steak was great. It's not that much better than American beef at good bateau houses.

What's your opinion...

28 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Steak not bateau lulz
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Wagyu is very good. But it is not worth the premium that some restaurants put on it. $228 for 6 oz is stupid. Fleming's does have good steak. Damn, I'm hungry now.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    Oooh wow you’re so cool going to high priced restaurants! Now I’m impressed by a stranger I’ll never meet who sells drugs to addicted strippers for a GFE and tells every on this site that he’s better than everyone.

I bought prime ribeye for $20/pound last night and cooked king crab legs with a bottle of cab franc, all for under $100 that fed my family of your rounded out with baked potatoes and artichokes. Bet nobody could beat that for price, experience, and taste. GTFOOH!
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @ceoaticeysangelsllc

In America the term Wagyu is oftentimes deceptively used to scam snobs, misuse of the terms and straight-up fraud are common.

“Authentic” Wagyu beef from Japan is the best meat 🥩 In the world and Japanese etiquette recommends that every steak should be shared at least by a couple of people, because one only requires to eat about 4 or 5 bites of the steak.

When cocked properly knives 🔪 knives and “steak sauce” are unnecessary...

In my humble opinion and limited experience, I am obligated to inform you that you have not had the real deal.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Pompous poseurs called CJ and Icey. Two fucking unemployed losers.
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    "When cocked properly knives 🔪 knives and “steak sauce” are unnecessary..."

So you're saying you love a properly cocked "steak"? Isn't "steak sauce" an inevitable outcome?
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "Oooh wow you’re so cool going to high priced restaurants! Now I’m impressed by a stranger I’ll never meet who sells drugs to addicted strippers for a GFE and tells every on this site that he’s better than everyone.

I bought prime ribeye for $20/pound last night and cooked king crab legs with a bottle of cab franc, all for under $100 that fed my family of your rounded out with baked potatoes and artichokes. Bet nobody could beat that for price, experience, and taste. GTFOOH!"

What's with all the anger?
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @Subraman

I meant to suggest that some people (you know who) in the USA would ask for A-1 steak sauce... LOL

The traditional Japanese Wagyu steak is cut relatively thin and it is supposed to be sear on the outside quickly, so the interior fats stay in place and don’t drip into the pan.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @skibum609

“So ridiculous, skibum609 must work on his Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend.

Chill skibum609, Chill!"

~ Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg
    ~ Born: 3rd January 2003 , Sweden
    ~ Occupation: Student, environmental activist

:D
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @heaving

Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen.

:D

Good Times, Good Times
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    Eat more beans. They are better than any steak, and better for the environment. Way less co2
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ But beans create more methane.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Going to a movie is for pussies; have fun.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    It's a matter of personal taste. I dislike any kind of fat. So Wagyu is not for me. I was stationed in Japan for 2 years and did eat Kobe beef on occasion and found it meh. Farmerart used to rave about the Wagyu beef his brother raised in Alberta. Last Christmas my son had 2 Wagyu rib eyes shipped to me from "Omaha Steaks". Freezing meat does not help either. I did not enjoy it as much as a lean rib eye fresh from my local grocery store. Out of curiosity I just checked the website for Omaha Steaks to see their prices. Not only sky high but mostly temporarily unavailable.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Spending $228 for a steak is almost as crazy as spending $40 for a 3 minute lap dance
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    ^^ Oh, I don't know, I did the 2nd think ONCE, but if I even considered the 1st, my wallet would jump out of my pocket, and slap some sense into me.

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    "c02 is a good thing its why people were able to live hundreds of years and grow 20+ feet tall, co2 improves everything"

What fairy tales you been reading, SlaveBoy?

Learn some science.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I've tasted Wagyu and pretty much unimpressed, for my favorites would have to be the Porterhouse for two at Peter Luger in Brooklyn, and locally I enjoy The Veal Chop at the Okeechobee Steak House in West Palm Beach, I agree with shadowcat about the Wagyu being too fatty, it's not good to my taste.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It was one of the best and worst dining experiences. The quality was there but the portion sizes were so small compared to the price point that my date wanted chicken nuggets like an hour after dinner 😭

As far as fine dining goes it was a rip off at $580 for dinner. my favorite fine dining place is still boa.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @heaving

Some people “think”/believe food tastes better if it is expensive, they are pretty shallow, because their perception changes on how food tasted based on how much it cost. It is all perception not reality.

I don’t know if you have seen the movie the 1990 movie The Freshman with Marlon Brando, Matthew Broderick, and Penelope Ann Miller (I liked her in the picture).

The plot is about a Don Corleone/Godfather type that has an underground gourmet club, offering exotic and endangered animals as specialty food items, like a Komodo dragon, charging hundred of thousands of dollars for the privileged of eating one the last of the species.

But they just cook regular chicken or pork, it is just way to scam snobs, I am sure you know the type we are talking about...
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I think the ground wagyu tastes better than the steak. I can picture it making an amazing bolognese
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @ceoaticeysangelsllc

The proper way to prepare Wagyu beef is that it must be cooked in a pan over high, intense heat. This way, the fat is able to render properly, but the juices will not be lost to the flames of a grill.

The authentic real Japanese Wagyu steak is cut relatively thin and it is supposed to be sear on the outside quickly, so the interior fats stay in place and don’t drip into the pan.

Wagyu in the USA is essentially a sham to scam snobs.

So so Wagyu “burgers” and other “delicacies” you might have tried are surely not the real thing.

Think it it as the catfishes on Instagram...
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    They cook it on hot rocks and flambe it.

• CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    ^
    Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    Mr. Meat, I’m going to fix your post for you:

“ Oooh wow you’re so cool READING ONLINE INFORMATION ABOUT high priced restaurants! Now I’m impressed by a stranger I’ll never meet who sells drugs to addicted strippers for a GFE and tells every on this site that he’s better than everyone.

I bought prime ribeye for $20/pound last night and cooked king crab legs with a bottle of cab franc, all for under $100 that fed my family of your rounded out with baked potatoes and artichokes. Bet nobody could beat that for price, experience, and taste. GTFOOH!”

You’re welcome
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    I might have chosen asparagus or even Brussels sprouts over the artichokes, but you be you.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You can definitely have a fine dining experience for less at home. And you can make a cheep piece of steak tender. It's all about preparation. You don't need so-called luxury ingredients.
  • SJGTHREATENSWOMEN
    3 years ago
    ES JAY GEE
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion