tuscl

Sports Betting - Who Does It?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Any of you bet on sports? When I say “bet” I mean like every day of the week? Do you keep spreadsheets on this? Do you do it in hopes of making money or more of a form of entertainment?

If so what sources do you use to make yourself a better bettor?

16 comments

• Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    No. I’m not into sports betting.

It must be a very profitable business - as there are so many large companies with apps - and commercials.

I enjoy fantasy football, super bowl pools, and March madness brackets - but that’s it.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Is this an attempt at getting Juice to post again?
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    Not me. I don't gamble--except when I do a stripper bareback.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I sports bet with the bookie 3-5 days a week, am in a suicide pool and 3 pick em pools. Bet on fan duel and have 13 fantasy football teams and 10 Fantasy basketball teams. Poker makes it too hard to bet more.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Yes.

MGM, Wynn, Caesar's, Fan Duel, Draft Kings, Barstool. I was up pretty big a while back and then got cocky...started betting almost every game. That did not go so well!! And yes I was writing stuff down, organized by app.

Now I've dropped it down to primarily using a couple of the apps, and just betting certain football and hockey matchups, and maybe against an NBA team on the second game of a road B2B (because NBA players are pansies).
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    I bet through someone. I place modest $10-$25 bets but on a Saturday and Sunday when college football, basketball, NFL, NHL and NBA are going on I may place over 100 bets in one weekend.

I was down over $2,500 last year and I’m about $500 away from making it back this year. I just have to stay away from bowl games this year. I always get slaughtered on those.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Bowl games sound nasty, no real way to judge. I've been betting more hockey lately. There's definitely some money to be made if you can get the -1.5 teams correct.
  • sinclair
    3 years ago
    I will make a couple bets every weekend on college football. If there is a promo, I might bet on an NFL game or some other sport. I mostly bet on horses though. Reading a stripper's body is quite similar to reading a horse's conformation.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Not a gambler.

I watch sports for entertainment - if I bet on them I'd probably be more preoccupied with the $$$ I had on-the-line vs enjoying the game.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    ^^^ same here. I’d rather enjoy watching the game play out rather than rooting who’s goi g to win. I really have little time for sports, so fuck it for now. There’s a lot of good streaming services out there to vary up my entertainment selections.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    No sports gambling. One expensive Vice is enough
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    I played fantasy football for 3 years. Won my league 2 out of 3 years. Had lots of fun playing but I stopped enjoying football rooting for individual players over my favorite team. Betting would be the same.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    ^^ you picked the best vice to have, albeit I think it’s dinner with a few drinks.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Sports betting being legalized in AZ has definitely made for more interesting evenings. And I have for sure visited my local MILF emporiums less over the last couple of months because of it.

But it's great! Like tonight... I've got apple TV hooked up to my main TV, so the ESPN+ multicast shows four hockey games. My two secondary TVs in the living room each have another hockey game...so six at the same time. And my own booze and bathroom!

I've already hit two parlays tonight and with a little luck might hit a couple more. It feels like March Madness every night! I jumped off the couch earlier when the Florida Panthers got the game winner in OT!
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Yeah... sports betting is fun. Tonight's bets (all NHL):

Caesar's Palace:

1) Florida & Edmonton to win
    2) Edmonton -1.5

MGM:

1) Boston, Washington, Florida to win
    2) Edmonton -1.5

Fan Duel:

1) Edmonton -1.5

Barstool:

1) Washington, Minnesota, Florida, Boston to win
    2) Edmonton -1.5

Draft Kings:

1) Edmonton -1.5

Had Carolina won at Seattle, I would have won four other parlays with them + a different combos of San Jose, Toronto, Florida, Edmonton, Washington
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    I've only done it very casually. The key really is to only bet on your best picks and not compulsively bet.

I stayed away from anything where the game wasn't important enough to avoid occasional random player days off. I've played enough fantasy sports to know sometimes a top player's mom gets sick and he skips a game and it changes the expected result.

NFL is risky because of injuries. I tend to like over/unders more. Also betting against bad teams is better than betting for good teams. A good team will have a bad game now and then but the worst teams will stay bad.

Playoff basketball was a favorite. Regular season basketball is awful to bet on but the playoffs the teams actually try.

There are certain popular teams it's good to always bet against. New York teams in general have so many fans they can move lines to where they should not be. Historically the Lakers are awful against the spread even if they are a good team.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion