tuscl

Hooters servers on TikTok are saying new shorts are too short.

8TM
North America
Friday, October 15, 2021 7:23 PM
[view link] The videos have reignited criticisms of Hooters for fostering an outdated concept centered around sexualizing servers’ bodies.

32 comments

• chessmaster
    3 years ago
    Nobody goes to hooters for the food.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    If they are bothered by that, they need to find a different job.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    They're just short shorts. Girls wear less to clubs or the beach
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    Last time I went to dat der hooters da waitress had on some short shorts dat she needed a hair net down der. It was some short short ya hear
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    It's discrimination #SlutLivesMatter
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Hooters has always been the subject of lots of lawsuits. It's because they try to play it both ways, Family Oriented Restaurant, Not Adult Entertainment. But because of this they get lawsuits which a strip club never would. SJG Cardibsyeastinfection [view link]
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    You could AT LEAST post a news outlet that includes pictures!!! [view link] I think it's an improvement.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Never though much about Hooters, maybe now I need to go and re-evaluate. In Viet Coffee though they are also in stripper shoes. SJG
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    And where the fuck did you think you worked? I have only been to Hooters once in the past 15 years, and that was because the rest of us were sick of hearing Scott bitch about the food at the upscale restaurants the rest of us liked. More than half of us were physically ill the next day.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Some have had good results at Hooters, but I find the servers to be obnoxiously bubbly and offensively animated. SJG
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    This is wha the shorts SHOULD look like : [view link] Thanks Muddy.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Lol I remember being at a Hooters and thinking I wore more clothes at the strip club as a stripper. At least off stage and aside from dances/rooms.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I've never been to a hooters.
  • Pussylicker2
    3 years ago
    I've eaten at Cafe risque in micanopy florida and the waitress wore nothing but shoes. Thats real late when there are no dancers.
  • FishHawk
    3 years ago
    I ate breakfast at Club Risqué. Waitress only wore sneakers. I got a dance from her and she put on shorts.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I've driven by that place dozens of times. Never been in. How was the food ? What did the waitress look like ?
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    Food is pretty bad, usually. Burgers are OK. Anything else is pretty shitty (I'm not a big fan or wings). A step below more franchise gourmet burger joints, better than fast food. But, they are usually open later than most, other than fast food. And if travelling alone, can usually get a conversation with a pretty girl and eat a burger that might be as good as the other place next to the hotel, and they usually have Guinness on tap. As hard as it is to screw up a salad, I've had a few from different hooters that just didn't have very fresh lettuce in them...
  • Heellover
    3 years ago
    Have been to Hooters once (20 plus years ago for a friends 21st bday as part of a bar hop). May have to visit again now haha. Actually remember how overpriced and below average everything was. My friend didn't want to go to a strip club (I think he was afraid we would pay to get him on stage, even though no way We could we have afforded that back then). I doubt I'll go back to a Hooters even with the new bootie shorts! But I think its an improvement for sure. It'll probably increase sales and I'm sure they lost out on some serious revenue with the shutdowns/delivery only last year so they were bound to do something to up their earnings.
  • Heellover
    3 years ago
    On a side note one of the articles had a side story that said dad defended his son (fifth grade) that got in trouble for wearing a Hooters mask to school.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    I’ve never been to a Hooter’s either
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    3 years ago
    Been to a Hooters a couple of times. The wings were cold and rubbery. I get much better food at several strip clubs my my area.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    They look good in the video. But still no high heels, not like Viet Coffee. SJG
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    I've never been to a Hooters and have no plans to start now but I'm actually surprised regarding their choice to go with the skimpier shorts. As the heat from the PC crowd against that choice rises I can see Hooters execs caving and backing down.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    There are Hooters girls that are happy about the new shorts because they are making more money than they did before the change of shorts.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    i'm assuming the reason why for the change of shorts is maybe they're targeting a younger demographic. by doing so they're trying to showcase more ass and less focus on the tits. ass is da new tits.
  • bang69
    3 years ago
    Quit bitchin and wear your new shorts and do your job or quit.
  • steve3000
    3 years ago
    I haven't been to Hooters for over 20 years. Overpriced and low quality food. I thought the company was in trouble and closing locations recently. I suspect that the new shorter shorts "controversy" is all just an advertising ploy. The old uniforms were dated anyway. As ratdog said "ass is da new tits".
  • theeastcoast757
    3 years ago
    I don’t get why anyone goes at all, I feel like it’s creepy guys too broke for the club.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I've been to Hooters exactly once. Not a fan. But, if you don't like it, quit. Right now I'm positive anyone willing to work in foodservice or hospitality could get 5 job offers in 5 minutes. There's probably another restaurant within 100 yards of that one that will hire these girls. If you agreed to wear updated uniforms in some sort of contract you didn't read or understand, learn your lesson. Next time, expect your employer to use those sorts of things as excuses to do shady shit and either don't take the job or modify the contract. This is what these jobs are for, learning those life lessons. Not for providing a wage on which you can buy your own home and raise children. If you go on to have an actual career with a real employment contract, you'll be glad you learned to read it and consider it back when the consequences were trivial.
  • sinclair
    3 years ago
    There is a chain called Tight Ends where the girls wear skimpier bottoms than the new Hooters shorts. Alot Hooters girls nowadays are not well endowed up top (lots of pushup bra shit going on), so might as well highlight their asses. A large rack is not common, while most young women are going to have nice asses by default.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion