tuscl

Trolls

drewcareypnw
not the real drew carey, but I play him at strip clubs...
This has been coming up a lot lately. Why do some people come here seemingly just to get people angry?

I mean really: turning up to a strip club review site and talking down to geriatric tricks is like going to a Shriners convention and hating on fezzes. You might hate fezzes, and you might even have a great reason to hate fezzes, but you're the one who went to downtown Fez-town. Or put another way, since we are pretty much all buying sex/sexuality at clubs (tricks) and the "strip club regular" demo skews old, isn't the fact that we are geriatric tricks kind of the point of TUSCL? And aren't you the one who's sought out the company of geriatric tricks? What did you expect, a bunch of smooth young ballers fucking strippers in the club bathroom for free? I bet not.

So what is the point then? Why troll at all? Well check this out, my dudes: I know a real live troll, he's an old college buddy of mine.

Read on...

A nice dude, really, with sort of a sick sense of humor and a TON of time on his hands. He manages the security guards at a museum, and most of his day is spent doing very very little while sitting in front of a computer. This is where the sick sense of humor comes in: until it closed this past year, he would goes to yahoo answers, and ask the most annoying question he could. Something that he knew would make someone mad, in the kind of "what an idiot I'm going to really tell this guy what a dunce he is" way. Then, my buddy would double down and ask the respondent a stupider clarifying question, and try to get the person to reply as many times as possible. The more answers, and the more angry the respondent, the more satisfaction my buddy would get. The only way to make it better was to use something one of the guys at work actually said as the initial question... this was the perfect perfect troll, at least in his mind.

He told me all about it over beers once, and really seemed to relish the way that he was able to wind people up, get a reaction out of them. I thought "fuuuuuhk my buddy is a real live troll!" And then, thought well what the fuck, if that's what he gets off on, then I guess it's pretty harmless. I used to know people that would go to bars to pick fistfights, and they thought that was great fun, so at least this isn't hurting anyone and is sort of interesting.

Anyway, it just occurred to me that your friendly neighborhood TUSCL troll might just be getting a kick out of winding you up. That is, your angry response is his payoff, and your 10th angry response is his high score for the month.

Maybe not, but maybe.

18 comments

• ChesterCheetah
    3 years ago
    I think some people really have no lives. Or no lives while they are waiting for the next custy to stroll in. For example I am being trolled by a troll who thinks I am another troll. And I’m accused of trolling when I’m not trolling. It’s nuts.
    And then someone I think is a legit tuscl guy trolls me while he’s on the pink site white knighting the same ho’s he’s on here disparaging.
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    ^^^ Eloquent as ever, scrubby.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    I'm too old for slamdancing now so I'm up on here.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    I remember somebody was bragging about trolling once, so I asked him what trolling was. He tried to explain its messing with people, so I asked him if he was one of those cyber bullies who tell people to go kill them selves.

It took him a while to figure out what I was doing 😋
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    @chester: I think you are right. Also, what it the pink site?
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    3 years ago
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    This site has a simple but effective ignore capability. And that makes any complaints about trolls/trolling on here nothing more than trolling. You are never trolled by seeing what you've chosen to see. Unless there's such a thing as trolling yourself.

But, go ahead, I'm not complaining about it.
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl yeah I see what you mean, it is kind of meta… by not ignoring but complaining about trolling, you are hoping someone (sometroll) will get mad when they read it, which makes you a troll. Also I think some people like to get mad about whatever, and they probably *need* trolls.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    There might be a small difference here - as it’s largely unmoderated - so almost anything goes.

You’ve got a bunch of older guys who are fine paying for sexual favors.

A troll with reasonable insight might see this and think - I can easily find a way to get a reaction from those old perverts - and I can escalate the trolling without concern about a moderator kicking me off the site.

Trolling is almost an art form when it is done in a smooth manner. Someone can establish themselves on a site and turn things quickly so that it pisses off large groups of the posters.

We are old perverts - who are easy targets. When we aren’t posting here, we are making sure kids stay off of our lawns.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Some trolls can be hilariously funny. The guys that personally attack others (without jokes involved) and blatantly just make up their internet lives in front of us are the real douches. Makes me think these are the guys that got picked on all their lives in school because they were annoying as shit, and this is the only place (any anonymous forum for that matter) in their entire life where they can push their weight around.
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    I'll admit that I don't mind trolling a troll and get a kick out of it. I've encountered trolls on moderated sites and they are usually dealt with by moderators. On TUSCL with zero moderation it's kind of like the wild west where you have to take the "law" into your own hands, so I take it upon myself to deal with trolls. My rule is I'm going to keep trolling anyone that continues to troll me. I'll keep trolling as long as they do. Or until I get bored with them. I think it's funny to get a troll to put me on ignore. It's like a game.
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    @cashman I think you are onto it.
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    @OP: "Or put another way, since we are pretty much all buying sex/sexuality at clubs (tricks) and the "strip club regular" demo skews old, isn't the fact that we are geriatric tricks kind of the point of TUSCL?"
    Yeah, that probably *is* the point of TUSCL. Most of the guys grow old gracefully and understand the difference between "dating" and paying for sex. But there's always a few that live in denial. The way I look at it, by being honest, we're saving them 10 years in therapy.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    get off my lawn whippersnappers
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Maybe it's sexist, but I still think 80+% of women, at least by the time they're 25, want a good husband. (Not saying they necessarily want to be a good wife, but that's another matter.) Women rarely seem to savor memories of unromantic sex, the way men typically do. Although, they may just be embarrassed to admit how much they loved the NSA world-rocking boot knocking. Thing is, there are few if any women I could be a good husband to without feeling miserably trapped and oppressed. I also can't be a user parasite, trying to get something for nothing, without hating myself. So that leaves being a polite trick as the only alternative to incelhood.
  • rickthelion
    3 years ago
    All of you damn dirty apes are ignoring the simple answer: most trolls are zebras.

At least 80% of internet trolls are frickin’ zebras. Trolling is in their DNA 🧬 and they have a huge amount of time to troll because they’re frickin’ zebras.

Mystery solved. You apes move on to something interesting, like praising the ricks. ROAR!!!
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    My tagline rings true to who the biggest trolls on this site are, except Randumbmember has evolved to just self righteous ad hominem attacks towards worthy members. He’s dull, but is a space genius in his own mind. Pretty harmless and petty if you ask most veteran members.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Aha! We've discovered the cause of trolling! rickthelion convinced them nicespice would think they were zebras if they trolled, and get the hots for them!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion