tuscl

How COVID altered existing strip clubs

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
COVID definitely impacted what clubs look like now, even in FL, which has been open for many months now.

The biggest change here is the dancer composition. Pre-COVID it was a mix of MILFs and other types of girls. Post-COVID most of the MILFs are gone. They simply could not ride out the shutdowns without employment, so they took vanilla jobs. Some have come back part time while still working their day jobs, but most have not returned at all.

The old crews have been replaced by a brand new generation of young strippers mixed with some girls who traveled here from more restricted states. It has definitely changed the nature of the strip club experience. In particular, the eye candy has improved a lot, but the attitudes are more mixed. I've lost count of the girls who are using their social media accounts to lure customers in, but seem to have strained personal interaction skills.

Then there are the young girls who seem sexually emboldened but only to a degree. I've recently had three girls, including one who was hot as fuck, declare with little prompting that they'd happily give me a handjob but sex was not on the table. I guess this is there way of profiting from extras without having to go too far. It is a far cry from the quiet negotiations (usually for OTC) that I was accustomed to having pre-COVID.

It is a weird environment right now. I expect that things will normalize over the coming months as the traveling dancers return home and the old salty dogs return to the clubs and start breaking the new girls in more, but right now we live in interesting times.

Feel free to share your own stories regarding pre- and post-COVID differences you are seeing.

19 comments

• Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Rick yesterday complaining about the Covid threads: “Or the endless COVID threads...or the troll accounts asking "where did the other troll account go?"...or the endless political posts...”

[Rick today starts yet another Covid thread and has the clubhouse lead on Founder’s top 40 Covid poster list.]

At least this one is connected to strip clubs.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Jimmy, this is not a COVID thread in the truest sense so much as it is a strip club thread. If you actually read the initial post, you'd seethat it's entirely dedicated to changes in the dancer mix and attitudes, not public policy issues.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Quack Quack
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Ok, so deduct one from your score of Covid posts. You’re still way ahead of anyone else posting on the topic despite railing against and even starting a thread declaring that you are done with posting on Covid. You just can’t resist.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    If it walks like a duck lays duck eggs in might be a frog
    Ribbet Ribbet
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Back to the topic instead of bashing the OP. I think it's already returning close to what it was before. Two months ago, the talent level was bad. Many girls were not comfortable going back in the club. But I think that has changed now. Whoever wants the Vaccine, has taken the vaccine. I went into one yesterday in Clearwater. I was "balls deep" in about 30 minutes of walking in the door.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I'm noticing more local dancers and former dancers pop up recently on Seeking, even though the clubs are opening up.

My non-scientific theory is that some (the ones who are not back at the clubs yet) hope to make the same money minus the hassle of showing up at a club, club drama, and competing with other dancers. The ones who have returned to the clubs (young and old) are likely experimenting with Seeking because they now know that the clubs are susceptible to blanket closures and limitations, etc., due to health or other crisis.

So, Seeking is a way for them to not depend on the physical club industry to keep making their money. Basically, it's Uber, but for sex work.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    @Warrior: "Bashing" gives retards trolling far too much credit, but the rest of that post was excellent. Man I really need to get back out to that part of the state.

@CMI: Interesting. I may have the check SA out one of these days.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    I wasn’t trolling. You absolutely post more about Covid than anyone else.

On topic:

Maryland was weird since Friday the 13th of March, 2020. Everything was shut down until early June 2020 and then we navigated a changing musical chairs landscape with local county/city rules opening and closing clubs, requiring food purchases, no LDs and VIP only, masks, temp checks and capacity limits. I’m guessing many states endured the same. Most striking but not surprising to me was how the girls kept hopping from club to club. After the first shutdown, the county clubs opened while the city clubs closed and the open clubs snatched up the tons of available often better quality dancers to the dismay of their longtime service providers. The city clubs then opened again and grabbed back most of their dancers, only to be shutdown shortly after the new 25 year old Baltimore city mayor took office. This time, the county clubs maintained some loyalty to their veteran dancers so there was less disruption, but the quality dropped.

We’re in the process of setting into a new balance now that everything is open. I haven’t seen reports on the DC and PG county (DC suburb - ebony inn, showcase and a new club called the body shop) but as of a week or so ago they were open but no open room dances. Those rules are changing quickly and my info may be stale on that. We’re pretty much back to normal.

Lasting changes? Definitely lost a few quality girls to regular jobs. Mostly the young milfs if I had to generalize but that could be subjectively biased. Also met a few girls new to dancing and some from other clubs who stayed at their new clubs and that’s been good. The quality and frequency of extras was up during the last year and I haven’t seen a drop off yet but it’ll take more time to tell. Lots of clubs cut back on drink and food specials. Hopefully with everything open they will start offering those again.

Net, the clubs were crowded when there were only a few open. Then, they were crowded to serve the pent up demand. I don’t know yet but I’d expect to see it drop off as PL’s get their titty fix and spend down the money they saved during the shutdowns and from the stimulus.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I went into a club for the first time in 14-months this past weekend - it was an afternoon visit but this hole-in-the-wall usually has a fairly-solid dayshift - I went both on Sat and Su and it was slow by pre-Covid standards - this club typically has a lot of turnover but there is usually a basic set of vet-dancers that stick around for a while and kinda set the tone (read mileage) for the place; didn't see any of the old vets on my visits and the mileage was b/w ok and meh and in some ways not up to pre-Covid levels for the club.

It'll be interesting to see if there's a noticeable difference once the enhanced unemployment gets cut off.

This hole-in-the-wall has also increased its prices during Covid which may be affecting its vibe - they've instituted a dayshift cover which is almost non-existent in SoFlo; have increased their drink-prices; and have increased their VIP room fee - this is a small neighborhood dive consisting mostly of blue-collar guys so the price-increases may be acting as a headwind.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    >>>"Bashing" gives retards trolling far too much credit, <<<

Allow me to respond directly to RickiBoi
    You forget what a twat you are when I respond on topic directly to a post you purposely look for my response to nitpick and troll not just troll, but call me names like cranky old man or pedo so spare everyone here the bullshit pseudo annoyance you feign, for the record and I can go back a long ways you have been trolling long enough that you should be wearing depends because you ain’t no innocent youngun regardless of how you try to spin it. Maybe one day you’ll post another a topic that’s legitimate, not making new COVID topic, because you are a scared twat, and I’ll again reply on topic I’m sure that you’ll disagree for the sake of disagreeing and creat some more straw men and women because you are a prick
    End of rant.
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    Here in Indianapolis the clubs that have the biggest crowds have the lowest drink prices. People are heading to the clubs because they have cabin fever from being cooped up all these months and just want to get out.

While the number of customers have recovered, the numbers of lap dance sales haven't reached pre-COVID levels. I've noticed less crowded lap dance areas and higher dancer turnovers. There have been three occasions in my nearest club where I found a girl I like, went back to see her, and found she was already gone. Many of my old favorites never came back after the clubs reopened. Because of all this, there are few familiar faces in the clubs and it's like being in a room full of strangers.

Lap dance sales being down and girls not sticking around due to lack of income is happening but I'm not sure why. Customers have been skewing younger and they may have less money to spend. Older customers with more money may still feel like COVID is a threat to them and haven't returned to their old habits of regular strip club trips. Some older customers may have decided now is a good time to retire from the strip club hobby. This would explain why local clubs appear crowded with young guys sitting in groups drinking. It would also explain why dancers aren't staying. I've seen the girls sitting and socializing with the young guys. They may enjoy this but it doesn't pay the bills so eventually they have to quit the stripper job and get a job where they can actually make some money.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    You be noticed the athletic and fit strippers have a
    Not come back yet. I see mostly out of shape strippers at the mid tier clubs and at the top tier what talent is available they are busy with an old dude happy to pay her for her time. When you do get your turn she doesn’t feel motivated to keep you cuming back for more, so I have more $$ in my wallet.

I would be going crazy if it wasn’t for the fact I’m too busy with my personal life to care. I’m sure those PLs w/out a life are eager to shell out $$ for some companionship, no matter if the customer service still sucks (not- literally).
  • rogertex
    3 years ago
    yeah its different. There's more ITC & OTC extras proposals. Unsolicited. But I liked the old days.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    "... I've seen the girls sitting and socializing with the young guys. They may enjoy this but it doesn't pay the bills so eventually they have to quit the stripper job and get a job where they can actually make some money ..."

I re-started my PLing a week ago and been to 4-clubs that used to be in my pre-Covid rotation mainly to see how they currently were and I've noticed this phenomenon a bit more than in the past - pre-Covid there were always girls that didn't hustle or just socialized in the club and apparently not making any $$$; in my limited recent-SCing I see a lack of the girls that hustle and take their $tripping seriously leaving what appears to be inexperienced-dancers with not much hustle that act as if they were in a middle-school dance waiting for a boy to ask them to dance.

The first club I hit was slow compared to pre-Covid - I went on a late weekend afternoon which is a good time for this club as it usually has a strong happy-hour even on weekends - this club is a small neighborhood dive with mostly blue-collar custies but the club for some reason decided to institute a dayshift cover (rare for SoFlo clubs) as well as do away w/ their dayshift half-priced-drinks (also rare for SoFlo clubs to not have half-priced drinks on dayshift); they also increased their VIP room fee from $35 to $50 - so these price increases I would assume are a reason the club was slower than normal.

I went to a different dive that's pretty-much a carbon-copy of the club I mentioned above - this one didn't have a dayshift-cover and drinks were the normal dayshift half-price - this club had a good crowd/vibe and a pretty-good # of girls but the hustle was down - I only saw two girls giving dances; these two were on-stage as a team when I got there and as soon as they got off stage they went straight for a group of 4-guys and immediately started dancing for them so I assume they have a history - but I'd say 80% of the girls just sat around like they were at Chili's happy-hour and I didn't see any girls circulating nor asking for dances - I didn't get approached by a single-dancer in the hour I was there which is a first in the 8 years I've been hitting this club,
  • rl27
    3 years ago
    Papi, I noticed the similar things at the first two clubs I visited so far, and reviewed both. At both clubs at least 80% of the dancers are new. Even though both clubs have a different vibe, I have noticed several commonalities between both.

Not enough veteran dancers, and the majority that are there are not the top tier talent, only two out 50 between the two clubs so far.

Looks wise, the new dancers hired are for the most part pretty, and their facial makeup is far more natural than the typical overdone stripper look, less tattoos, and very few with implants, all of which are a good thing in my book. However body wise far too many are very out of shape.

Far too few dancers working the floor. Likely due to not enough remaining veterans to show them the way, considering that the one club which had more dancers working the floor, also had more of the higher tier talent. Far too many dancers are just sitting around talking to each other looking bored. Some of this is likely due to not enough customers, but sitting around looking bored won't help.

Stage skills from most dancers is lacking. Stage skills, which has been declining the last decade or so, were for the most part entirely non-existant.

Private dance skills were very lacking. I am not just talking about air dances, but dancers not knowing how to be sexy when dancing.

Many customers seemed confused about if you can tip. Some if this is the club's problem, at both clubs it took over an hour for the DJ to tell customers they can tip the dancers on stage. Normally this isn't needed, but the pandemic has made many people cautious.

Dancers also seemed confused about tipping, several dancers at both clubs looked surprised when I walked to the stage to tip, and one was even hesitant, and said she wasn't sure if she was allowed to tip. That is the club's fault.
  • Cowboy12
    3 years ago
    I've been to my home club in Cocoa Beach a few times over the last 2 months. Only saw 2 of the veterans there, all the other girls were new, and mostly young. Although there were a couple in the MILF category.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Follies closed forever.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I've seen a lot of price increases. At places that made changes it seems they made them in all the little areas like parking, covers, rooms, drinks. They also started charging for parking & cover during the day, and did away with daytime drink specials. Little things like a 30 minute room is now 20, and I think I saw 3 beer buckets instead of 5. I can't tell if the changes are permanent, a result of covid shutdowns, slow recovery, or a result of inflation.

The girls have also wanted more money. Its an amazingly stark contrast to this time last year. This time last year girls were offering double service for half price. It's not quite swung so far as to them wanting double money for half service, but its certainly above pre-covid levels.

I've also seen what seems like to me a lot of new strippers. Not new girls at the club, new to stripping girls. As Rick mentioned, a fair amount of the older crowd seem to be gone too. But, the average age doesn't seem to be down too much as some of those new to stripping girls aren't the youngest. Again, I can't tell if this is permanent change or just a consequence of the shutdowns and we'll find an equilibrium soon.

A number of clubs have closed, some were probably teetering on the edge anyway. Also, there seems to be a number who are open less often. Either not opening until night, or only certain days, or both. Two clubs in PBC seem to be thriving now though, since they were open against shutdown orders previously.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion