tuscl

No homo, but what is a bad look for a guy?

I'm not trying to turn this into queer eye for the straight guy, but come on there's go to be certain things guys rock where you just go what the fuck is this dude thinking.

I have a few. And I do risk insulting some people on here.

-The beard with no mustache. It's a creepy ass look. Awful.

-Pony tail. There was a time in the 90's where every bad guy in the movies had one, so I now I just don't trust guys with ponytails.

-Very long side burns, and also muttonchops. It's just not a way to look cool. They think they do though.

-As a baseball fan I just could never get with the flat brim baseball hat. It bothers me.

25 comments

• doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Man bun.
  • rickthelion
    3 years ago
    ^
    I dressed up as a hipster with a damn man bun a couple of Halloweens ago and all was fine until I noticed my reflection in a window. Then it made me want to go all wildebeest on myself. ROAR!!!
  • rickthelion
    3 years ago
    But seriously, why did you have to put the “no homo” in the title? Is it homosexual to want to look stylish? If your guy friend walked in sporting a coonskin cap and a pirate eye patch would you not say “dude, you can’t pull that shit off”?

If so, I wouldn’t want to be your friend. I mean really, I’m a rick so I’m too cool to be you friend anyway. But I want my buds to be honest with me on those rare occasions when I make a bad fashion choice.

And, given that you mundanes are nothing but one fashion faux pas after another, you mundanes really need honest friends with an impeccable sense of style.

Just sayin’
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    a guy with no mustache but with a real long beard - yeah i never understood that one. i do understand it if the beard is short, as guys use it as a foreplay tool with their girls. think of it as a pussy brush.

but at the end of the day it shouldn't matter at all what fashion display a guy decides to settle upon, provided that guy has the self-confidence to pull it off and not give a fuck as to what others think about him.

• ime
    3 years ago
    I figured the guys with beards and no mustache can't grow a mustache, are Amish, or Abraham Lincoln impersonators.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Pants so baggy that they are falling down. I do not want to see your underwear.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Suit and tie. Makes you look like someone with a job, which the young hate.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    You have to dress stylish but not too stylish because then you look gay. I say “you have to dress stylish but also look like you don’t give a fuck what you look like at the same time.” Its a very thin line, and women don’t like prissy guys.

If you own any pleated trousers or any Sketcher shoes and you’re under the age of 60 please immediately take them out in your yard and set them on fire.

I’m a firm believer that you need to wear nice shoes, have clothes that fit well (age appropriate) and have accessories that match (men have few accessories but I’d you’re wearing tan shoes you better be wearing a tan belt if you’re wearing a belt at all).

I’m a weirdo where if I’m out in public I’m wearing a suit or jeans, there is no in between. I don’t own a pair of khakis or a golf shirt.

If you want to look modern wearing a suit, these days you shouldn’t be wearing any with more than 2 buttons right now. AND FOR GODS SAKE NO MATTER HOW MANY BUTTONS YOUR SUIT HAS NEVER EVER EVER BUTTON THE BOTTOM BUTTON!!!!!
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    This dude's got a weird look...
    https://www.rollingstone.com/wp-content/…
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Sagging skinny jeans below hmyour butt. I see so much of that. Call it the prison bitch look.

Just dressing in labels rather than having an actual style.

That side show Bob haircut thats popular. The Hitler youth haircuts. Man buns.

The wafe look is just as bad as being fat.

Polo shirts.

Khakis

• Studme53
    3 years ago
    A tuxedo t-shirt. It says, “I’m formal, but I like to party.”
  • iknowbetter
    3 years ago
    Some guys can pull off these fashion trends, but most cannot. Always good to know your limitations and stay in your lane.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    All the ones @Muddy mentioned - but the man bun I find especially annoying
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Guys with thinning hair and/or bald spots who insist on doing either ponytails or comb overs.

Wearing clothes that you wish fit you, as opposed to clothes that actually fit you.

A lot of the stuff being mentioned here is case-by-case, and there are women out there who love it.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Guys with two earrings
    Face and neck tattoos
    Man buns
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Face tattoos good one that’s another disaster
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Any guy over 40 with an earring I'm dubious of - IMO you shouldn't be trying to look like a prettyboy past 40
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Wearing sandals and socks is a bad look.
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    I wear da Bib overalls wit da shit truck logo on da back
  • herbtcat
    3 years ago
    Fur-lined, red, sleeveless vest with no shirt. Dark blue, lizard-skin pants with a draw string and no zipper. Glow-in-the-dark green flip flops. MAGA hat.

What could be wrong with that?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Just before the pandemic shut things down, I saw a guy in the club wearing a Member's Only jacket, and it looked relatively new. It fit him fine, but it just looked really anachronistic. And he wasn't decked out in '80s gear (as if he'd come from a theme party or something). Regular clothes, regular guy, and fad '80s jacket.

I sat there thinking to myself, "You, sir, are possibly the last existing member."
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Sunglasses—indoors in a dark club.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
  • rickthelion
    3 years ago
    ^
    Pshaw Evil-ape

Sometimes you get a little light sensitive when you’ve been up 72 hours straight, tapin’ ass and takin’ names all while consuming heroic quantities of drivin’ whiskey when you go from one club to another.

What’s the solution? Well, most sensible creatures put on the frickin’ shades.

So if you go to a club and see a lion in shades wearin’ a suit you will know what you’ve seen. ROAR!!!
  • Dave_Anderson
    3 years ago
    Face tattoos can work if you're a gang member or convict. Its a look on the right person.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion