tuscl

Relocation Wishes

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Let’s say you have an opportunity to move somewhere else within the continental US where would it be? Let’s just say you’d be placed in a similar valued home you live in now, making the same amount of money (adjusted for cost of living) all that nonsense...

Where would you move to and why there?

How come you don’t live there now?

23 comments

• skibum609
    3 years ago
    Bozeman Montana. Family.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    san diego?

(much too expensive.)
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    The Carolina coastal area. Possibly South Carolina - right by the beach.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Fuck if I know. So many pros and cons to each area I could think of.

Large cities have more culture, more to do, better dining, etc. They are also overwhelmingly liberal politics, high crime, high tax

California and Hawaii are geographically and meteorologically with beatiful natural wonders and weather, as well as some of the moat misguided idiotic electorates you could possibly find.

My two biggest complaints about Florida would be the awful heat and humidity, and the low quality and high prices of most restaurants. Chicago and New Orleans set a pretty high bar for others to follow.
  • Salty.Nutz
    3 years ago
    Yuma, Arizona....close enough to San Diego and Phoenix.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    15 years ago I would have said Austin, Tx. Today not so sure because it’s continually grown every year since then.

California would be great, but I’m on east coast time and living there working with the laid back lifestyle most Californians have would probably drive me nuts. Florida on the gulf coast would be nice but I would miss seasons.

There are several places I’d like to live for a few years but definitely not forever - Manhattan, Vegas, Seattle (before all the protests).

Reason I haven’t moved - family and jobs, my wife has a job she can’t just walk away from, plus I live where I get all four seasons which as I get older I appreciate more and more. I’m an hour away from a smaller metropolitan area now, wish it was more like 30 minutes.
  • Salty.Nutz
    3 years ago
    thats why i would move to yuma...phx is turning blue...california is nice to visit but not to live. Las Vegas is still close enough for a day trip. Phx is turning into Austin
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    New Orleans. The history and culture are beautiful.

I have too many responsibilities to be able to just pick up and leave
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I’d stay where I am, my Florida lifestyle is great, plenty of strip clubs, great restaurants, world class shopping, excellent quality medical care, I’m very happy here
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Proof he has no class and no clue.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with 25 re: Florida. It is a wonderful lifestyle here, including everything he outlined and, of course, the weather. You couldn't pay me enough to move back to the land of endless traffic congestion, confiscatory taxes, cold winters and shitty strip clubs.
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    If I was going to move, it would be either to the Pauli's Island - North Myrtle Beach or possibly, the Saint Augustine area.

However, I am very happy with my home in Alexandria and my boat on the Chesapeake and one of our daughters and two of our grandkids here as well.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    score tied 2-2 i see between cali and fla.

i probably would lean more towards fla. i kinda liked tampa/st pete area, and wouldn't be the worst place to spend the rest of my life. cali - only been to san fran & oakland during the 80's - i wasn't impressed. both were shitholes then and based on what i've seen on my screens have gotten 10x shittier. san diego weather i heard is the best year round, but the strip clubs have been noted here and there as being not that good.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    If money is no issue then Southern California. I’ll been all over and it’s just so God damn gorgeous. But the only thing it’s a state run by assholes. Anti business and pro criminal. But if you could turn it around and vote out some of these politicians and bring back Ronald Reagan’s California you’d be all set.

I’m from an area where everybody dreams of going to. I’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for NYC. And I like the big cities and for this one when you go other places it can be surprising just how much smaller other American cities can be in comparison. But I think I’m just ready for something new and despite the fact I do have hope for the future that maybe Yang or Adams will do a better job then Bill Dumbassio. And not for nothing it’s been cold this week, it’s fucking May man. I’m ready for something warmer fuck this.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    How does a guy who’s famous on TUSCL for calling dancers ignorant sluts, and other members porch monkeys even know what class is.
    LOL knew you revert to form eventually you never could keep your true bigoted self under wraps.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I love 4-7 days in Florida, but ugh to living there or anywhere hot and humid. Will end up on a lake somewhere in New England.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    I hate humidity and years ago Arizona is where I wanted to end up. Somewhere along the Colorado river, Lake Havasu etc but responsibilities kept me in Ohio and now I'm resigned to the fact that this is where I will stay so I will just make the best of it.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    A little over a year ago, I relocated to Denver to get through the pandemic. I like it here. Good balance of city life and nature. Good hookah scene. There’s a few more things about Denver I wanted to look into and with pandemic restrictions starting to dwindle, the chance to explore that. And proximity to an airport that has a ton of flight options and deals with Southwest and Frontier airlines (for when I’m feeling restless). And a low-stress home club I like. I didn’t know how long I was going to stay out here but I think I’m pretty settled at this point. And when it’s not snowing, my dog likes it a fair amount.

If I were to move, it would be to a smaller area. I have had thoughts about Lubbock TX before. The town actively encourages entrepreneurship and there is lots of newness that has been springing up as a result. It has a lot of the energy of larger growth areas but better mitigates the same sharp growing pains for things like rent or inequality. The roads are good and traffic isn’t an issue so driving through is a breeze. Despite my own political viewpoints, it probably helps that that place is backwards enough to have recently enacted anti-abortion laws, to keep Lubbock growth at a more contained level. Unlike a place like, for example, Austin where out-of-state people feel comfortable flooding lol.

Or possibly a place like Tampa. I liked the vibe there and just east around Kissimmee has a bunch of great theme parks and great hookah 😀
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I'm not itching to go anywhere. I like it in South Florida. In addition to 25's points, there's the fucking ocean. I may move up or down the coast or even go over to the west coast of Florida but I don't see myself moving anywhere else in the US.

• DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    Already live there - coastal California. There's nowhere in continental US (as per OP's question) that I would relocate to achieve lower taxation or lower cost housing despite the obvious upside. If one's lifestyle involves ocean sports (with relatively warm water temperature) and mountain sports, there's no better place to be in continental US than coastal Calif. If I didn't care about ocean sports, then probably Bend, OR. Or maybe Bozeman, MT as skibum said but it gets really fucking cold there and can snow early as Sept and late as May.

And if OP hadn't limited it to continental US, then Kauai despite no mountain sports.
  • herbtcat
    3 years ago
    I'd move within a half mile of my local In-N-Out burger.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    If we are adjusting for cost of living, I could see myself enjoying Southern California as well as Manhattan for a while. Just for fun and good food. Eventually, the fakeness of SoCal and the noise of Manhattan would get to me and they are not places I'd want to stay. I might settle down somewhere near Denver.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ in the next few years Austin may be as unlivable as Cali's silicon valley
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion