tuscl

Most chicken shit traffic ticket your have received.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Back in the 70's during the Arab oil embargo the federal government reduced the maximum speed on all interstates to 55mph to conserve on fuel. I was doing my part by car pooling it when possible. So my rider and I were going home at 11PM on CA I-405 and got stopped and ticketed for doing 63mph.

30 comments

• TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Years ago I was on my way to work one morning on a 4 lane highway. I was speeding and a state trooper going the other way gave me a look and went to do a u turn to come after me. I watched in my rearview mirror as he got caught up in traffic as I made my turn onto another road so he didn't get me.

The next day, same scenario except this time I wasn't speeding. The trooper pulls me over anyway makes up a story that I was doing so and so over the limit and writes me a ticket. I told him straight up it was BS, the only reason he stopped me was because he didn't get me the day before and he just silently looked at me and smirked.

Actually a bigger BS ticket occurred to me as I was posting this but short on time so maybe I'll post it later.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    "Interference with a law officer". Jackass pulled me over just for leaving a bar known for lax bartenders and drug dealing. Said I was speeding and I knew I wasn't. I knew it was bullshit fishing roust. Refused to get out of my vehicle for that reason. Arrested, given that bs citation and released. Cop didn't even bother showing up to court, DA wouldn't prosecute. City had to hire a lawyer to prosecute me. Judge threw it out. Waste of my fucking time. Stupid fucking prosecutor tried to bully me into plea bargaining a fine and community service. He was pissed when I refused to talknto him and give him any ammo. At least that part was fun.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Had a Florida Trooper write me a ticket for throwing a cigarette on the floor and stubbing it out with my shoe when the fucker couldn’t fail me on a DUI cause I passed the physical impairment so he couldn’t force me to blow into the breathalyzer got a 75 dollar fine fuck him
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    I fully earned all of my tickets and as I regularly speed, I’m ahead of the game. (Knocking on wood.) Worst I ever got was a reckless driving ticket in VA for 87 in a 70 on a sunny, clear and dry afternoon. I wasn’t even the fastest car on the highway. At the time, anything more than 15 mph over the limit or anything over 80 mph was reckless driving. It’s since been raised to 15/85 mph.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    On these military bases they can be so aggressive. 30 in a 25. Fuck I got a bunch of those.

Red light camera got me recently. It was $150. That is not chump change.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @Muddy
    Not sure about the reason but in Florida the red light camera tickets were discontinued after a lawsuit a few years back and they were never reinstated but many intersections still have the cameras , the municipalities aren’t allowed to activate them.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    I support traffic laws. One of the few legitimate areas for government regulation. I have gotten 5 tickets I believe and all but one were fully legitimate.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    When I was 17, I got a ticket for drag racing/excessive acceleration.
    I took my mom's car to the convenience store. It was 7:30 Am on Easter Sunday. There was no one on the road to race. My mom's car was a oil burning 1963 Ford Falcon with like a 140 cu in 6 cylinder motor, single barrel, and 3 on the tree. When I objected to this completely fraudulent ticket, the officer actually threatened to cuff me and take me in.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    I've gotten three speeding and two illegal left turn tickets. One of the left turn ones was bull. The rest were legit.
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    I got one for not pulling over to the left lane when passing a pulled over cop. So dumb
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    I got my first ticket the same day I got my driver's license! Passed the test, dropped my mom off at home, and went out to enjoy my new driving privilege. About a quarter mile from my house I got pulled over for an illegal left turn. I honestly didn't notice the sign. The cop and I both had a laugh when he looked at my license and realized it had been issued the same day. I really thought he would let me go with a warning so as not to screw me on my first day, but no such luck. Gave me the ticket and a lecture about safe driving and paying attention, blah, blah, blah... I guess it worked though, because it was at least 10 years before I got another ticket.
  • ancientlurker
    4 years ago
    "Avoiding an intersection." Guess I pulled into a corner gas station from one road and left by the other without stopping to buy gas.
  • latinalover69
    4 years ago
    In California in the 2000s they had a no cell phone while driving law. I musta got about 4 of those shitty tickets.
  • Chili Palmer
    4 years ago
    When I was 20, I got a ticket for turning right at 12:30 at night while doing a California roll through a red light right in front of my apartment. Police car was 200 yards away travelling in the opposite direction, hung a "U" and gave me the ticket for going 2 MPH. Cunt.
  • docsavage
    4 years ago
    I once came up to a school bus parked on the right side of the road. I slowed down. It didn't look like anyone was getting off and I didn't see any kids inside the bus. Normally there is a stop sign on the left side of the bus the driver flips out but that wasn't out. When I took the driver exam the book I used for studying said you needed to stop when the sign was out and since it wasn't out I thought the bus might be having a mechanical problem and was just sitting there so I went on by. I was then pulled over by a police officer. I then tried to explain why I didn't stop but he said I had to stop anyway whether the stop sign on the side of the bus was out or not.

So I went to a lawyer and showed him in the Indiana state driver manual where it says you only have to stop when the stop sign on the bus is flipped out and he found the statute that came from and which says the same thing. When he showed that to the judge in court the officer then tried to lie and say the sign was out. My lawyer then turned to him and asked him what side of the road was he on. He said the right side. My lawyer then asked him if he was on the right side of the street and the sign is on the left side of the bus how could he see it was out. The judge then turned and stared intently at the cop. There was silence and then the officer got a sick look on his face and then the judge let me off. I just couldn't believe a police officer would try to lie in court instead of just admitting he made a mistake.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    on interstate five in California I got a speeding ticket for doing 12 over in a big truck at 3 o’clock on a beautiful night with nobody else around except for the cop. I took it to court and the cop was there and I had to pay $490.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    On July 4 one year I got a ticket for going 29 in a 25, by a sergeant with 5 service stripes. I have always wondered who he pissed off.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    Never had one in my life
  • boomer79
    4 years ago
    23 years driving. Got one ticket. My foot slipped off the break and I slow speed tapped someone at light. Got following too closely. No contest no points but that was it.
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    Senior year high school, driving on 4 lane city street (2 lanes each way), moved from left lane into right lane without signaling. Only car behind me was the copy and he was 50 feet back, wrote me up anyway, what a twat.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    I got one at 3mph. Walking.

Ok, I had my thumb out hitch hiking, which is legal, but I stepped into street for a couple steps to go around tree. Near empty streets, 11pm or so, couldn't believe it, he must have had a quota? $5 ticket.

I ignored it, was the poorest time of my life, surviving on $23 a week UP and food stamps. Six months later some of us hopped the fence at public pool for a midnight swim (yeah, alcohol involved). Cops let everyone go except $5 outstanding ticket Steph. Yep, my one night in jail. For lack of a $5 bill, I learned of the claustrophobia of a jail cell.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    Like SanchRG for failing to pull to the left for a police car on the shoulder. Except in Georgia they run stings. The police car with its lights on was off the shoulder in a construction area probably 30 feet to the right of the right lane. Got a 1/4 mile up the road and police cars were lined up to write the next $600 ticket for officer endangerment. Judge said what is considered the shoulder extends forever until there is a physical barrier or grass. This was at night so no way to tell that car was not behind a barrier or if it was on the grass. All you could tell was that it was way the hell off the road. Just printing money.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    I literally just got one for 21mph in a 15mph zone on the road leading into my neighborhood. I'm more than annoyed right now, and plan to dispute as I don't believe they are authorized to set a limit below 25 nor that their signs meet DOT standards.

They're just knee jerking with upped enforcement cause some drunk was doing 65 and crashed into a tree last week.
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    Never gotten a traffic ticket. Well, I was technically charged with a DUI once but it was dismissed before trial. Twin mix up.

I did get pulled over at least 5 times within my first year of having a car but I always got lucky.
  • rl27
    4 years ago
    A cop speeding, on an empty road with no sirens almost hits me then gives me a ticker for running a stop sign, not pulling over while his "lights" were on and speeding for $290. This was well before dash cams, so no way to prove it so just paid the fine.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Two speeding tickets lifetime, having beaten the one I mentioned previously in court. My real record is 57 warnings for speeding since 2002. 13 different states with wisconsin joining the list last month.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    I didn’t get a ticket from this but after leaving a bar at closing, I got followed from the bar parking lot for two miles before the cop activated his lights. He said my right tire had touched the fog line. That road didn’t have a fog line. At any rate, I hadn’t had any alcohol at the bar that night because I’d agreed to be “sober cab” for a friend who had a birthday celebration at that bar. The cop had me do several field sobriety tests, including the PBT. I passed and he said “have a nice night”.

That story is unremarkable as it stands. But about a month later, I was at a social/business function and that cop came up to our group to say hello. Then he made it a point to tell the whole group that he had “stopped” me recently. Asshole.
  • crosscheck
    4 years ago
    I had one last year where I was given a speed ticket for going through a stop sign when I had not. When the cop told me he had pulled me over for going through a stop sign, I told him that was not what had happened. When he gave me the ticket and the instructions as to how to appeal it, I told him it would be in the mail the next morning and I did beat the ticket at the magistrate's hearing, which due to COVID I was able to do online and didn't even have to waste time driving to the courthouse.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    On a funny side note I did beat the ticket in East providence, in person, at traffic court, which actually shared the parking lot with club fantasies, where went after the hearing.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Best traffic ticket story I’ve got is many years ago in Queens on the BQE a section of expressway that has brick retaining walls and no shoulder I was flying ion an old pan head passed a NYC motorcycle cop at 110 , he pulled up along side me and motioned for me to follow him off the highway well he took the Astoria Blvd exit and I instead of following him I sped up till I hit the Cross Island Pkwy fuck him too I wasn’t gonna let him give me a ticket lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion