tuscl

“Opinion: White people must face their white privilege”

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Title couldn’t say it all.

“white privilege is a “reward” that you get simply for being white.”

“It is a product of white supremacy, which was facilitated by centuries of domination attained through occupation and economic exploitation of black, brown, and indigenous people.”

“White countries” US, England, France, Germany etc., today are wealthier, richer, because these riches were acquired at the expense of the people of color they “colonized”.”

“Opinion: White people must face their white privilege”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.colorad…

46 comments

• jwoods0417
    4 years ago
    Anyone got a box of tissues on hand?
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    White privilege? Ahh you mean getting an education; working hard and doing better than those who don't. Its also called asian privilege.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    "Hey, there's a concept that works
    Twenty million other white rappers emerge
    But no matter how many fish in the sea
    It will be so empty without me"

~ Eminem, "Without Me"
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    @skibum609

To answer your question:

"White privilege means that essentially you don't have to go through any obstacles if at all, that other races have to experience consistently..."
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    "White privilege means that essentially you don't have to go through any obstacles if at all, that other races have to experience consistently..."

you really are a stupid man. every fucking time i see your posts with commie titles in quotes i cringe.

where is the white privilege for white people that went off to fight wars on the other side of the earth, and only to be treated like shit once upon their return?

where is the white privilege for the white girls that i know that are strippers and waitresses that have to struggle to pay for a couple of gallons of gas to get their kid(s) to school?

where is the white privilege for that white dude who has to work at real shitty jobs as a kid to pay off college application fees and tuition?

where is the white privilege for kids who are born to real shitty abusive white parents?

• rattdog
    4 years ago
    thoughts must be a product of some lefty aids horse shit
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    FFS if you feed the trolls, don’t be mad at the trolls.
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    move to south africa
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I agree with Jimmy. Just ignore him. I thought he was banned. But then he came up with a not so original Troll account for himself.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    aww c'mon man jimmy mac - why not? it's like a long day at the zoo. feed one of the monkeys some M&M's and come back hours later to see that monkey react with a real massive shit.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    This discussion is useful because of the funny comments.

To use an animal reference - the OP is a one trick pony - and sadly that trick has gotten very old.

I’d much rather watch a monkey take a rainbow shit, than continue to read his repetitive discussions.
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    "White privilege doesn't mean white people don't live in poverty or don’t suffer from class exploitation.

White privilege means we don't suffer these things as a direct result of the color of our skin”
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Ratt - your post sounded like you were taking it seriously. No worries. Have yer fun.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    So the reason that the entire continent of Africa is so incredibly fucked up and a historical failure is because of white supremacy in America? Can anyone explain why blacks are a resounding success everywhere on earth except here?
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    I had the privilege of a father who worked 2 blue collar jobs, 70-80 hours a week, and a mother who cleaned other people’s house on the side with 5 kids of her own to take care of. My father never bought a new car in his life, always used - and only had one cheap suit he had for at least 20 years for funerals and weddings. Why? To give us kids everything we needed including an education. Any kid, no matter the race, is privileged with parents like that.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    You get the opposite support and example as a kid, you’re fucked
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    ^there it is in a nutshell. Amazing that the community who brought us such cute phrases as "baby momma" and "baby daddy" end up failing.
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    the post office sell passports
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    a lot of the lefty aids members said they were leaving 4 years ago and head to another country. at this present moment i think almost every single one are still here.

• rattdog
    4 years ago
    phrases like baby mama/dadda really suck. i do however like save your drama for your mama. instant shutdown and to the point.
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    “While individual white people are not to blame for policies that began before they were born, we are still benefiting from these policies at the expense of Red, Black and Brown Americans and indigenous people of color in other countries around the world.”

“It is the sufferings of the many which pay for the luxuries of the few.”

“A lot of lazy, useless good for nothing people believe they are so entitled that they should live free off the efforts of others.”
  • rick_the_cheesestick
    4 years ago
    ALL THE RICKS HATE CJKUNT
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    ^
    Haters are angry, because the truth contradicts the lie they live...
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    ^^ everyone is living a lie and they know it. The only difference between you and the rest of us is that you believe your lies are truth, and that’s why everyone hates you so much. The fact is that your shit is thick, and you’re trying to pass it off on us as gold.
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    I hate this mindset. What exactly does facing white privilege look like if somehow they all agreed to do it?

White priviledge is global, no-one's "fault" so stop acting like every white person has something to atone for.
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    Op is lumping in different things and calling it white privilege. Sure the richest European families/nations of the world got that way off the backs of blacks. That's just the way history shook out.

Anyone who says white privilege does not exist is a fool but people who always harp on it like they want an apology are even dumber.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    White privilege is a very real thing, but not something people should have to apologize for. You can't help what race you were born into and shouldn't have to be apologetic about it. However, it is a decent thing to do to at least acknowledge the privilege is there. I'm half white and half black and I benefit from white privilege. I'm hindered by it, too, sometimes. But while people think I'm anything from Italian to Middle Eastern to Latin, they usually don't think I'm black. I look pretty racially ambiguous and this has been beneficial to me vs if I were fully black. Hanging out with my black friends, especially throughout adulthood, has made me realize how much privilege I do have. This is very apparent in the strip club industry, as discrimination is actually pretty common.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    "I'm half white and half black and I benefit from white privilege. I'm hindered by it, too, sometimes."

You're also sexy as hell, NinaBambina, which doesn't hurt. Not to ignore your point, but beauty is a pretty big equalizer.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    Thank you! 😍😍😍
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Good friend of mine who is black, his dad was a hotshot record executive living in a nice, Jewish part of NJ and commuting into NYC daily. Got stopped several times because he "matched a description" of someone involved in a robbery. Has been held at gunpoint by two cops giving contradicting instructions.

Driving while black is a thing, just because it doesn't rear its head for you doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I acknowledge white privilege in things like that, but I don't see it as some rosetta stone that explains American history, or justifies radical change like critical theorists demand.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    @Tetra. This is just life. I live in Southern California and, because I am Hispanic, I was stopped and searched a lot by border patrol when I was in my 20's and 30's. This because I fit a a profile that was the same as a drug trafficker. I had nothing to hide and didn't resent it because I had some dumb asses from my racial profile breaking the law.

When I got pulled over, I just smiled and said knock yourselves out but put my stuff back where you found it. I didn't complain or make a scene. They were doing their job protecting me as an American citizen as well. I had nothing to hide.

People can find all kinds of excuses for their lot in life but I am successful and enjoy my life. We live in a country that provides us an opportunity to succeed, not matter your background. I am always grateful I grew up here as opposed to what my parents went through. Even though my mom was born in the US, she grew up with immigrant parents during the depression and had a hard life.

People just need to stop finding excuses for their sorry position in life. We all have the opportunity to succeed.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “I'm not saying that white people are better.

I'm saying that being white is clearly better.

Who could even argue?”

“Now, if you're white and you don't admit that it's great, you're an asshole.”

~ Louis Székely
    ~ White Privileged stand up comedian
    ~ Born Sep 12, 1967 Washington, D.C., U.S.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Why is it that progressives are so fucking stupid that they feel the need to post what actors, comedians and late night tv show hosts think about politics. People of all races earn what they have in life. Just the way it is, but then again, maybe if people on the left put as much effort into learning and working as they do bitching, whining and blaming others for their failures ...nah ...
  • chessmaster
    3 years ago
    "It is a product of white supremacy, which was facilitated by centuries of domination attained through occupation and economic exploitation of black, brown, and indigenous people.”

In order for one group to gain power, they have to "oppress" other groups. Humans have been competing since the beginning of time(for resources, food, women, etc). Now we live in the age of participation trophies. I often wonder, if the situation was reversed, and black people(or women or lgbt people for that matter) were in power would they still believe in "equality" and not oppressing others? If they dont believe that theyre hypocrites. If they do then theyre morons and it wouldnt be long before another group retakes power.
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    People of all races don't earn what they have in life. Sure they have an opportunity to earn but most stuff just drops on you or you're born into it. There's no earning an alcoholic mom, or amazing parent, or shitty back stabbing manipulative ex-wife that fleeces you for everything. lol
    Now moaning about your situation in life doesn't do a lick of good either. You have to go out and try to earn better or else what's the use of doing anything?
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    "You have to go out and try to earn better or else what's the use of doing anything?"

This is a good point. What seems to keep this conversation spinning around and around and around across countless threads is whether people believe that one person trying to improve their lot is the same as another under the same circumstances.
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    Male ✔️
    Cis ✔️
    White ✔️
    Intelligent ✔️
    Tall ✔️
    Full Head of Hair ✔️

Gee, I check all the privilege boxes for statistical success. I wonder why I had to bust my ass and put in long hours, first in Grad school and then in business for thirty years, to achieve said success. Have I had advantages? Of course. But I am convinced that anyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or orientation would have had equal success if they had made all the same decisions and put in the same effort I did. I know successful people from most demographics and the thing they all have in common is they put in the work.

• goodyman
    3 years ago
    @justintolook. I don't understand how you could think that after listing the things going for you that show why an equal amount of work won't get the same results. Work is still required and you shouldn't be made to feel like you didn't work hard. What have you seen that convinced you of that opinion though?

I get annoyed when people try to make others with "advantages" feel like they didn't work as hard or they should feel bad about it.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    "I know successful people from most demographics and the thing they all have in common is they put in the work."

There's no reason to dispute that. But what does that mean for the rest of us? And is "putting in the work" an equivalent amount of work within your circle? It's all relative. The challenge with looking at a societal issue on the scale of a nation is that most people who've ever lived only see a small, non-representative fraction of the data to inform their opinions. That's why these barroom debates almost never go anywhere, because in order to make progress the participants need to accept another point of view even if their own experience does not align with it.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    "I get annoyed when people try to make others with 'advantages' feel like they didn't work as hard or they should feel bad about it."

If that's what's being done, then sure call people out on it. But acknowledging obstacles exist for some is not the same thing as diminishing the success of others. The two things are not necessarily linked. People who look alike, have generally the same backgrounds, resources, and talent finds reasons to make claims of inequity against each other. It stands to reason that the issue gets more complex the further apart the comparison points are.
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    "I get annoyed when people try to make others with "advantages" feel like they didn't work as hard or they should feel bad about it."

Exactly my point. I was raised in a lower social status, lower income neighborhood. I guess all the kids I grew up with were equally "white privileged", but I was the only one that achieved a level of social and economic "success". More than a few ended up in prison. Many didn't even live to the age of thirty.

I know many wealthy, successful people that are female, black, and/or gay. Their roads to success were not significantly more difficult than my own. Now if career advancement in a corporate environment is inhibited by race, sex, or orientation, that is clearly wrong. We have laws to prevent that and they should be vigorously enforced. The term "white privilege" just seems so dismissive.

What about male privilege? Black men make 87 cents to the white man's dollar, but women only make 82 cents. Black men also got to vote before women. Where is the male privilege outrage? Inequities need to be addressed, but to pretend you can't succeed in America because of your demographic is wrong and only going to further polarize our society.

• wallanon
    3 years ago
    "Where is the male privilege outrage?"

This is a pivot, and if that had been part of your initial comment it would have landed differently. Your new point seems to be that picking one arbitrary attribute over another doesn't seem that productive.

"Inequities need to be addressed, but to pretend you can't succeed in America because of your demographic is wrong and only going to further polarize our society."

If someone is saying they see obstacles when they have made a genuine attempt to better their life, possibly many attempts, they aren't pretending. It's what they perceive in a personal, lived in experience. Maybe some of it is self-inflicted, but that speaks to their ability to interpret outcomes. Which stems from the community, family, and external perspectives the person has been exposed to during their life. A sufficiently motivated and capable person can overcome a great many things when that potential meets opportunity. It they ever meet.

Expressing a challenge isn't the same as acknowledging defeat. Hard to do and can't do aren't the same. If there are inequities, where they exist they should be addressed like you said. That's easy enough to agree on. But if I had an answer for making that happen at a national level I'd be posting on this titty bar forum from a much nicer place lol.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "Black men also got to vote before women."

Not really though.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Kind of funny that just about everyone who mentions the 3/5 b.s. has actually zero knowledge of what it actually meant; the history of it; and why it was placed in the Constitution. Hint: The Blue states wanted it there, not the Red.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I find it hilarious that so many of you respond to the autistic idiot that is the originator of this post, first y’all have such strong opinions with regards to a hack that’s doing his best to trigger as many people as possible
    Second the guy is a moron, prolly never had an original thought in his life as evidenced by the fact that he keeps quoting such way out there crap.
  • DesertScum
    3 years ago
    Wez angry. Bike bitch killed by Skibum boomerang

CJKent is perfect bike bitch now. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion