tuscl

The New Site

founder
respect for others goes a long way
Saturday, October 31, 2020 4:07 PM
We'll, you've had a week or so with it. How's it treating you? I'm still adding things, but I'm sure it's still missing something you want. Go ahead and ask any questions here Thanks F

94 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I was hoping you'd publish the winning lottery and Power Ball numbers a week in advance, but otherwise good job
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Looking good (very handsome website). As has been mentioned in another review, a robust Ignore function where one can ignore individual posts, whole threads, or everything w.r.t. a particular PL.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The list of comments is missing from a TUSCLer's profile - it'd be nice to have back
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As we had in years past, displaying a TUSCLer's "TUSCL credentials" (# of clubs reviewed and # of reviews displayed by the name; or at least displayed when one hovers over the name but preferably permanently displayed).
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    To me it doesn't make sense to display the "review stats" at the *end* of a TUSCL published review - IMO it should be displayed at the beginning of the review so one can have some context as one is reading the review - e.g. often times as one is reading a review one does not know if it was a dasyshift or nigthshift visit or what day of week, which helps with context as one reads it (the unpublished reviews display the info at the beginning so there's a mismatch to being with).
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    In my laptop, the text-font in the discussion text-box (where one writes their comment), does not match the text in the discussion thread (it's smaller and farther spaced apart in the comment box) - i.e. seems the text-font is different in the area that displays the posts vs the area where one writes a comment - the text looks better in the area where the posts are displayed (Windows laptop)
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Would be good to have the ability to choose which groups are visible in the discussion-view, instead of all of them or just one at a time - e.g. it'd be nice to have the ability to see all discussion threads at once w/o having to see politics threads or off-topic threads (and why having one off-topic group for everything not SC-related would be better)
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As we had a while back, the ability to get to a particular city's listings by clicking on the city name - e.g. you may be reading a review of an Atlanta club, be nice to click on Atlanta next to the club's name and be taken to Atlanta listings w/o having to navigate the main menu.
  • bossman3041
    4 years ago
    Over all, much improved! The previous version was horrible. ( no offense) kudo’s!
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    I like the site regardless of the layout and forma, I am used to working with all types of layouts. To me part of the fun is learning to navigate the site and find out any new features. Just like taking a new dancer for a test drive. A suggestion: take the polítics out of our strip club site.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    You fixed the issue with the menu being available on every screen, kudos for that! My only want now was already mentioned by Papi: ability to view comments of any TUSCLer. I used to just look at my own comments to see any threads or reviews I commented on so I could check any responses. That seems to be the feature that always comes up missing when you do a site update. Please bring it back.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "The list of comments is missing from a TUSCLer's profile - it'd be nice to have back" "As we had in years past, displaying a TUSCLer's "TUSCL credentials" (# of clubs reviewed and # of reviews displayed by the name; or at least displayed when one hovers over the name but preferably permanently displayed)." ^ Both of these things. Also in different incarnations I can sometimes see the PM message box either at the top or bottom of the page, most recently at the bottom. Right now I don't see a PM box or link anywhere. I'm on microsoft edge version 2 Also, I preferred the choice of groups at the top, now that's also gone.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    And as in every other incarnation, I'll adapt to the changes that I'm not fond of.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    If you bookmark discussions the comments for those discussions will show up in "my feed"
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ that is not as flexible - one would need to bookmark everything so older comments can be viewed when needed
  • founder
    4 years ago
    You can also search. It uses Google so it should be pretty complete.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Sorry Link [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ there are times when a TUSCLer posts something but you don't remember exactly how he worded it so it helps to skim his comments to find it
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    It seems most of us would like to see the comments - if there's a particular reason for not showing them then let us know that way we don't keep asking; but having them there is the most flexible option
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I also want comments back so I can stalk the ones dated back to 2001.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    Win 10 / Firefox When I click the last comment link on a thread from the main discussion page it goes to the first comment, instead of the last. I also miss the comments tally and timeline from the users profile. We previously could sort dancers by local which was kind of nice. Definitely like the new look better.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    Never mind about the last comment link. Apparently, After Googling TUSCL and clicking on discussions, I was in the old site. Last comment link works fine if I click discussions from the blue ribbon.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    ^^^The club right? Yeah it's like Real Houswives of 2001 Odyssey RHO2O over there. As far as the site I think it's inevitable that video comes a part of it. It's the next dimension. Also I wonder how far off instead of linking pictures away be able to have them displayed right there in your post. I think it would add to the DB.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    Your best version yet. Thank you Founder! I only have one minor suggestion and one observation that hasn’t been mentioned yet. The menu bar at top when viewing in the horizontal orientation: Most links are packed tightly together on the first row with three links widely spaced apart on the second row. Can the links be more evenly distributed? I also noticed that discussion pages and review pages are forced to be wider than my iPad screen, forcing me to scroll left & right. Which seems odd since it’s all text on the right margin. Can the page width adjust to the user’s native screen width? Thanks again for all your efforts Founder!
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    One other thing I noticed; a potential bug. On the bookmarks page, the following entry exists: “ bookmark Mxxxxxx “, where the six “x” are digits. (Not sure if the digits represent some sort of internal userID or other sensitive info.) The entry shows up regardless of which type of bookmark I select in the drop down menu.
  • busta_nut
    4 years ago
    Once you get to your city, etc...would be able to have the ability to sort like before... by latest review , etc.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Nothing personal, but I'm from the school of thought that says if it ain't broken don't change it so I don't like it. I'm sure I will get desensitized to it in a short time.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    The dancers page would be a lot more useful if there was a way to sort by location. Also, I wish we still had the ability to ignore specific threads. Neither of these are overly important but I figured since you asked I may as well throw my two cents in.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    need that ‘edit’ button. lol
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    ^ Jascoi beat me to it. Where's that Edit button ?
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    As others mentioned it is way betrer than the last version. However it wpuld be nice to have the search comments button under each memners profile again and not just be able to sesrch their discussions
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    I love your racist ass thanks for letting us see which coward dislikes post now
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    How about that two way block have you reconsidered or even though about it
  • Techman
    4 years ago
    How do I get a map to a club? Use to be a tab on the right side of the club description>
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    The top ribbon is great. I really don't know if I like the new landing page/front page. It's useful for newcomers who stumble across the site for the first time, which is important for expanding and improving the site.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    DeSantis: Florida is not going into lockdown again, ever. Founder: TUSCL will not have two-way blocking again, ever.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    1) Where is the link to the “instructions manual” with all the information about the “site” and how to “navigate” it? 2) Please allow to “page” the pictures once you are in the pictures “album”, it is a waste of time to have to go back to the “album” to see each picture. 3) Make sure the website works in all the devices and platforms; Windows, Android, Apple, iPhone and Blackberry, etc etc etc. 4) We want to see the avatars in full size when clicking on them. 5) Keep changing the site at least quarterly. (LOL)
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Just out of pure curiosity, why was the previous version so short-lived? I'm sure you put a lot of time and effort into that revision, and it only lasted a month or so???
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    I'm learning to like new site setup. Two quick thoughts would be desire to have members number of posts displayed (along with ability to click and review member's prior posts) plus the number of different clubs member has reviewed.
  • EastCoaster
    4 years ago
    ^Ditto what minnow said. Overall, I think the site looks and works great. The only thing I'm not wild about is the initial Photos page (the Photo Gallery), where you can only see a sliver of each photo. I would rather see a complete thumbnail, even if it's small, to get a sense of whether it's worth clicking on. Other than that, I think the new changes are great. Thanks, founder, for all your hard work on this site.
  • DenimChicken
    4 years ago
    Overall great. I hated the change at first purely because navigation was difficult but you made the top bar changes recently that fix that. Thanks!
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    One can no longer like/dislike the original post in the discussion-thread
  • xedin5436
    4 years ago
    I wasn't a big fan of the redesign when it first came out, but I second most of Papi's comments (especially the ability to click on a city/state name when you're looking at a club listing), and it looks like a few of those have been picked up already - as it stands now, this might be the most useful I've ever seen the site. Thanks, Founder!
  • rogertex
    4 years ago
    Latest version of TUSCL is certainly moving towards your grand vision of TUSCL being a site where ... (1) ... Dancers are respected. Their hotness is appreciated. Dancer Dare is encouraged. Honestly, this could be the only site on earth where such utopia could possibly happen. Long ways though (2) ... PLs are respectful of each other and primarily focused on one thing - Fine Women. You have made a lot of subtle moves to increase PL comfort level when they login to this site. You have carefully accommodated other stuff like endless politics, silly bickering - but separated it from core value - Strip clubs and strippers. From time to time you have also educated us on inevitability of Death, Taxes and TUSCL Trolls - and encouraged use of Ignore function. Last but not least - you have gently resisted adding the "edit" button! Kudos !
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    It'd be better if one could Ignore a person from any view (discussion-board, reviews view, etc), rather than having to click on their profile (newbies may not know there is an Ignore feature if it's tucked away inside a TUSCLer's profile). Also - I don't see a way to Ignore individual threads or individual posts as b/f which was very helpful.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    I would really like to sort bookmarks by last review and last comment.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    Under "View Public Profile" there is no longer a "Comments" section. I like being able to review comments I've written in the past. Other than that, it looks pretty good.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I think around 90% of us have vouched for getting the Comments option back. It's like, we've been used to having the base 4 course meal for so long (Reviews, Discussions, Articles, Comments) that just having the 3 course meal is not enough. (I didn't mean to not include Photos, but that's more like a midnight snack than a full course.)
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I think @founder is suppressing our votes
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Ok look, here's the thing. It's all Trump's fault. I'm the guy that's gonna fix everything. Day One. Seriously though, unlike Democrats after election day 2016, I'll get back to work tommorow on these requests. I might even make the avatars enlarge on click if Eve posts a nude pic of herself :)
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    well fuck.
  • yankeez4lif
    4 years ago
    Most user friendly version yet. Would like the ability to see multiple reviews for clubs without toggling back and forth.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    One thing founder in regards to the articles how possible would it be to imbed them in with the discussions? I think users realize that while yes articles give the content a little more staying power and it’s something you can easily refer back to plus VIP but I don’t think that many read them. If they came on the main discussions though I think people would participate a little more. Just saying. And I’m guilty of it too I don’t really check the articles too much because it’s not too too active
  • founder
    4 years ago
    I personally think all posts should appear in one place, like the what's new link
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    I like your shit. Keep changing it. Every 3 months would be fantastic! Seriously.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Didn't even notice this until today because we don't get articles as often, BUT... We can't select/copy/paste the contents of Unpublished Articles. Was that on purpose? It isn't handy if someone has a slight or big suspicion the article was stolen or plagerised and wants to double check on the web before approving/rejecting.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Ignoring entire threads without having to filter by forums was a nice feature.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Thanks Eve, that's article thing was a bug.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Is there a way to sort clubs in a county/city; such as listing most recent reviews first? The assortment order seems to be pretty random.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    The "Post Your Comment" button is a little too close to the comment field. I've inadvertently posted a couple of things where I was trying to move the cursor around and place more text.
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    After using the new site (mostly on my PC these days) I have to say I overall really like it. However, I too miss the ability to sort the reviews in various ways and to see my comments in my profile.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    I agree with George that these are my two most missed features. Are they coming Founder or are they on the chopping block? Thanks!
  • founder
    4 years ago
    You can now hide discussions. You can find hidden discussions on your dashboard if you want to unhide them.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Also the top 40 page has been optimized
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Thanks to founder for adding a feature that completely hides threads on the discussion forum so there's not dead space on the page.
  • MrBeavis
    4 years ago
    Display comments newest to oldest please. Everything else great!
  • founder
    4 years ago
    MrBeavis, we've never displayed comments like that. Would you guys like that?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    What would be the point ?
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Maybe just an option below the original post. That way you can read in chronological order if you are new to a thread, or view the most recent comments first if you have been active in a thread.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Senile old prick doesn't like change. Fuck yeah, change it, then.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ I think you are really starting to lose it following me across multiple threads, just to flame me, do you really think nobody knows what you are doing ?
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    @MrBeavis: "Display comments newest to oldest please. Everything else great!" Please, if you add this, only as an option, and not the default.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Sometimes my hyperlinks go through in my comments. Sometimes they don't. I don't think many of us use them on here, but it's driving me nuts cause I can't edit them in if they don't work. (Ijustwanttosharelinksinacleanway.)
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Just paste a valid link, do not add any A tags
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Member comment lists are now back. It is limited to 500 most recent comments.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    "comment lists are now back." All of TUSCL: [view link]
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    nO A tAgS!? Fiiiiiiiine.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    If we're requesting things to have sort options - sorting bookmarks/listings by latest review would be nice. Also, maybe its a bug, but my view of bookmarked listings seems inconsistent. Sometimes it shows the 18 month scores, sometimes it doesn't: [view link] Running Firefox 82 on Win 10, I didn't check with other browsers.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    You will only see 18 month scores if a club has 6 or more different reviewers in the past 18 months.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Ahh, okay, thanks. Kinda sad how many of the clubs I have bookmarked don't meet that criteria, but I guess covid skews it a bit.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Sorting of listings is available again
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    ^^ founder Would be great if we could sort bookmarks by most recent review and comment so we could quickly find new info from our favorite clubs and members.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    MisterOrange, Use the My Feed option. It will automatically show you everything new for a club you have bookmarked (photos, reviews, discussions) in order from newest to oldest
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Looks good Founder. Best layout yet and like the inclusion of the dancer part on the home page.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    One can't Like/Dislike published reviews (nor the OP in a Discussion or Article thread) - would be nice to have these features so all contributions can be Liked/Disliked
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    w.r.t. published reviews: + it'd be nice to be able to sort by "last comment" (I notice published-reviews are back to being broken-up/displayed by day so IDK if a "last comment" sort is possible but being broken up by day it's harder to notice new-comments on older reviews) + it'd be nice to have a "full-view" mode where one can see/load multiple entire reviews at once (this can help in searching reviews for key-terms, etc)
  • busta_nut
    4 years ago
    Founder thank you for the restoring the sort feature..
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    I like the menu bar much much better on the bottom of my phone. You know, thumbs. Also, I still get the black please wait screen whenever I use the back arrow and have to refresh to get out of it. Again, on my phone. Thanks!
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    The new site looks great. It is a big improvement in site looks. I like that you can move to the last comment of discussions directly. It saves a step - as you don’t need to open the discussion and then move to the bottom. I hope to get back to clubbing in 2021 - and add a review. The new look and functions are great. Thanks Founder!
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    If we're going to continue to have like/dislike options the option to like/dislike the start of a thread/topic should return.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Just something I noticed today... You can like/dislike a comment, but not a photo? Is that right, or am I missing something?
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Daily strip club reviews used automatically sort alphabetically by state and city. It does not do that anymore. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere?
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Has anyone ever suggested automatically updating the search results as the map is moved? It sucks trying to guess the right county over and over again, instead of being close enough to the map over a few miles and see what I need.
  • dha
    a year ago
    Add a sb section to compete with sa.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion