tuscl

OT: Let COVID have the win

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Cases in Europe are trending higher than they did during the March peak. New Zealand had completely eradicated the virus, which then came back from unknown origins. China continues to get outbreaks, which they attempt to suppress (information, not infection). (The high rates of infection and deaths in the US are the result of living in a free society, full of idiots who make poor decisions. They are not the result of presidential policy). Even after the introduction of a vaccine, you can be reinfected by a different strain of COVID-19.

I say fuck it. COVID is real. COVID is deadly. COVID is not a hoax, not comparable to the flu, and not overhyped. COVID is an omnipresent threat. So is cancer. So is death by automobile. You could be walking down the street and struck dead by lightning, a falling window pane, tree branch, or escaped dangerous dog.

As a society, globally, we should just accept it as a new part of our lives. Masks off, 100% capacity in all venues, government intrusion rescinded, and go about our lives. If you are part of that particularly vulnerable population, then you will need to make adjustments and accept some risks. Again, you don't avoid walking down the sidewalk because a car may jump the curb and mow you down. You accept the risk or you don't go for a walk.

Nothing has successfully halted the spread. The only measurable effects have been a recession, an eviction crisis, and discord often elevated to violence. Isolate and punish China. Defund WHO for their malfeasance, incompetence, and corruption. Halt visas to and from countries which would likely attempt to export additional cases to our nation. Tighten restrictions at the borders and ports of entry. However, allow citizens and our economic drivers the freedom to accept the risk and mitigate to whatever level makes us comfortable.

COVID: 1, Earth: 0

70 comments

• Icey
    4 years ago
    We can beat it but trump is inept businesses too greedy and people too stupid
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    Did the bleach not work after all then?
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    I actually hope it becomes more widespread and mutates into something similar to the common cold. That is the best hope to prevent human extinction.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    I pretty much agree with everything you said. We can close down as long as you want but the virus will just sit back and wait for it's next opening when people get together in groups again.

The only thing you didn't account for is that this virus has become a political and monetary tool. Because governments have opened their treasuries to fight this virus, every opportunity to blame a death on Covid is taken. Doctors fall under the same pressures to produce numbers as well as any employee. Not that they got into medicine for the wrong reasons but they find a path of less resistance if they follow the company/hospital line. In come cases, they might get compensated better for following the corporate line. Again, not corruption but making life easier. I saw this from a personal perspective when my mom was in the final stages of life and saw the tests doctors ordered that weren't necessary. They have to bleed Medicare because they don't reimburse enough to cover costs in the US with all the medical litigation.

Besides the financial aspects, Covid becomes a political tool for the opposition party to beat up the current party in power.

If only Covid was just a medical problem to solve.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    Ah, the Thanos approach. If we just give up trying to lessen the infection rate, why halt visas? I can see how Americans would be travel restricted, but why wouldn't we allow everyone over to join the Covid party.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    We know much more now than we did in March. Even without a vaccine, viable treatment options appear to be on the horizon.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I'm still holding out hope for an effective treatment in the too not distant future (whether a pill or vaccine) - but yeah, if one is not available in the too not distant future then no choice but to accept the reality and live with it.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Mortality in the US is down 85% from the peak. Somebody is doing something right.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Mortality is down because it's mostly young people getting it now. Most old people have figured out how to protect themselves.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    ^ Someone should tell Cuomo
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Monoclonal Antibodies. Results from the clinical trials of Eli Lilly and Regeneron are already leaking. They work and work very well. We just need to ramp up production. People aren't going to take the vaccine and we can't produce enough to immunize everyone. But if we can treat the people that have the virus, then we won't be scared of it anymore.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Damn look at all the epidemiologists on here
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    You can solve the social security funding gap with this strategy.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    We have rules and "government intrusion" that applies to automobiles. For example, you're not allowed to run a red light because you might kill someone. In the same way that masks prevent you from killing other people.

At the very least we should mask mandates. I'm also in favor of closing clubs and banning indoor dining. Until we have a vaccine.

Here's why Trump doesn't like masks: people walk around and remind each other that Covid risk is still with us and it hurts his reelection chances. That's about the extent of the logic and he doesn't give a shit whether people live or die.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    ^ And also in favor of ghosting your sugar baby without so much as a severance pay. And spending the end tail of that arrangement lecturing her why she needs to invest in the stock market...when you weren’t even funding any accounts for her.

You dirty dog pump & dumper you. We've had countless TUSCLers post about doing just that. At some point the quality out there disappears.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Huh? Lol, did you post in the wrong tgread ?
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    No. Just getting amusement from the content in the other tgread. 😀
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    ^Youre welcome. I liked the ‘severance pay’ line. Clever.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "tgread"

???? rumdum for the second night in a row you didn't follow up with a *correction.

You're obviously still distressed regarding your memories sucking off and taking it up the ass from those unwashed old men in those Calcutta back alleys and your ongoing issues with your STS, Sore Twat Syndrome affliction. Well that and being bitch slapped multiple times last night even though one would think that after all these years you're used to that. Add to that all the years of hiding behind your multiple troll accounts, josh43, realdougster, mtent, and the tittyfag and drphil dots, among others, and it's obvious that you're really hurting inside, not to mention your throat, twat, and sphincter.
    The cure for all is confession. So what other troll accounts are yours rummy? Don't hold it in. Confess, free your soul and become the carefree ballerina butterfly that you aspire to be.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @NiceSpice - feel free to call Randumb a dirty dog in any thread you like.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Huh? Lol, did you post in the wrong tgread ?
    -
    Boy oh boy, this one is not that quick.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Pistola - when in doubt, just call Randumb a dirty dog.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    ^ Not following the reference (I may have missed that one in the annals of TUSCL forum-land), but at surface value a dog is being generous. Hemorrhoid seems more appropriate, no? 😂
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Pistola - read the second to last post from NiceSpice in this thread.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    ^Got it. That one admittedly went over my head, I was too busy laughing at this site and some of it’s wannabe white knight denizens. .
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Pistola - No problem. I just like encouraging people to insult Randumb whenever and wherever possible.

You don’t have to stick to “dirty dog” either. As far as insults go, it’s not cruel enough. Dogs are friendly and loyal animals. Also most are far more intelligent than Randumb.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Sorry @Gamma for ruining your thread. This was a good topic until the peanut gallery showed up.

My "joke" about your father wasn't funny, @Windex.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    I'm sorry, I still don't personally know a single person who has even officially contracted this thing much less died from it. I simply ask the average person, if you really think this is some major threat to your life or health, wouldn't you personally be seeing people drop dead up and down the street? Could this perhaps be media fuelled paranoia?

No one ever said there is no illness, but yes we have said its a ridiculously overhyped hysteria. Do you really want to throw your life away out of fear of some minor disease that has a 99.7% survival rate? Is the "cure" not worse the the problem?

At this point that's all I can really say to people. I can't relate to people still falling for this scamdemic. God help us.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    To the black power guy talking about "epidemiologists," public policy has nothing to do with "epidemiology." Its a philosophical question.

You cower behind these references to "science" when you really mean ideological bureaucrats with agendas telling policy makers what they have to do.

Where did the idea that the response to a minor illness with a miniscule death rate is to arbitrarily shut down selected businesses and obliterate the right of people to live normal lives indefinitely? How is that philosophical decision about "epidemiology" or even "science"?

It's a moral and practical decision based on many factors. "Science" provides data to help make that philosophical and policy choice. "Science" and "epidimiology" don't make policy decisions. A small chosen cadre of government and big university "epidemiologists" spouting selected "data" is not policy making.

To President Trump's eternal shame he went along with this scam. That said, anyone at this point still pimping this complete scamdemic is below unhuman.

We need to burn the ridiculous masks, end all arbitrary lockdowns and selective shutdowns, and return to full and normal life with an apology to humanity for this unjustified and absurd abomination. Enough is enough!
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    CD go ahead and organize a public mask burning
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @RandumbMember - go fuck yourself asshole
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    One day assholes with a Phd in impotence will figure out a national mask mandate is Unconstitutional. Even fucking Joe Biden gets that. Now on cue, wah, wah, wah, electoral college. Whos is going to enforce a BLM mask mandate from the scumbag left asshole? The fucking cops??
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    I never used the word "national" now did I?
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    What a weasel.^
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    We we have state-level mask mandates and counties can opt out.

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @skibum why would a mask mandate be any more unconstitutional than say a mandatory seat belt law ?
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    The public health service act makes a national mask mandate constitutional. There are no federal laws which would contradict wearing a mask for health reasons.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    There is no mandatory seat belt law on a national scale. There is no national drunk driving law. These laws exist because under their regulatory power the Federals can coerce by purse and make the receipt of Federal Highway funds contingent on having a mandatory seatbelt law/.08% standard. Some states have helmet laws for motorcyclists; some don't. No national law.
    You're an idiot Icey. No law passed by the Federal Government overrules the Constitution, so stfu up and go back to pretending to be a man.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I wasn’t talking a national mandate I was specifically speaking to those that say it’s unconstitutional for the state to mandate mask wearing comparative to seatbelts, it’s not unconstitutional in the sense that a court would rule that its a defiance of the federal authority and order that state to cease its masking order
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    So far Government overreach has lost every time it has been to Court. Just happened last week in Pennsylvania. The Feds could not overturn state decisions on masks and closures for the reasons I have cited, but State courts can and have in Michigan; Oregon and Pennsylvania. Each state has a different constitution and different laws so masks can be legal in some and illegal in others. Future generations will look back and wonder why we just didn't man up; do what Sweden did and move forward.
    One of the things fake news mainstream media doesn't cover is how many police and sheriff's departments are simply ignoring these "state" mandates and refusing to enforce them. That is the future.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Vast majority of people out here obey the mandate and appreciate why the mandate was put in place.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Masks are quickly disappearing in these parts. Realistically you can only enforce mask mandates for so long and this has been going on for half a year now.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @TwentyFive - you asked why the Federal government and SkiBum gave examples related to masks, blood alcohol content for drivers and seat belt usage. But I believe the larger question still exists. (Feel free to jump in here Skibum - you are the lawyer here, not me - I just respect the Constitution)

The "why" behind the examples that demonstrates the understanding logic is called Federalism. The US is unique in that it limits the powers of the Federal government (at least in theory - the Feds do overstep it regularly and sometimes the Supreme Court slaps them down, other times they get away with it) are defined by the Constitution. Most (possibly all) other countries specifically limit the power of the Federal government in a handful of areas, but anything not specifically mentioned is free game.

Under Federalism, there are certain powers specifically granted to the Federal government. The 8th and 9th amendments collectively grant any powers not specifically given to the Federal government.

Since the 8th and 9th amendments don't get into the power to mandate mask wearing during pandemics, they aren't a Federal issue.

On a side note, Biden is running television commercials in Arizona - one of the things he mentions that he will do is enact a national mask mandate.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @RandumMember - go fuck youerself.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Under the 10th amendment, states can and should challenge a federal mask mandate, and they would win.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    d'oh! I meant 9th and 10th amendments in my last post.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    In theory, you are correct Gammanu95. But states rights seem to have taken a beating over the past century or so.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Skibum the constitition doesn't forbid masks. Theyre not mentioned. The public health service act is constitutional and its what allows for masks for health reasons so youre the fucking idiot.

Seatbelt laws are constitutional because states have the right to protect residents welfare and safety. The supreme court has never addressed the matter which in turn makes it constitutional and reasonable.

Cars aren't a right.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    States would lose if they challenged mask mandates during a pandemic
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    You are so stupid Icey it is almost incomprehensible. Again, for the leftists on this board: We are a collection of states under the Constitution. The Powers of the Federal Government under the Constitution are specific; those not specifically reserved for the Federal Government are left for the States. Imagine a world run by people Icey supports.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Icey - are you and Randumb having a contest to see who can say the most ignorant thing?
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Winex is correct that the current supreme court has not done much under Justice Roberts tenure to protect and uphold the constitution.

Barry's picks are running hog wild as super-activist judiciaries, ignoring the law and applying their own feckless morality; meanwhile, W's picks are wringing their hands worried about how future liberal professors will write about them, and Trump's picks are forgetting who smeared and lynched them, and who defended them and their character. It's fuckin bizarro world out there.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    You don't understand how constitutional law works lulz
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Gammanu55 - though John Roberts has been a massive disappointment, the problem of legislating at the bench and also ignoring states rights goes back a lot farther than John Roberts.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    Yeah, this is another example how government is unable to take care of the people until the people take care of themselves first. It’s a personal choice, and should remain that way. The stopping cars at red light analogy is as stupid as it gets, if an accident occurs you have 2-5 times of steel colliding but with Covid you have time to address the issues. It’s not a life sentence, but that Randumb theory from a Randumbmember.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    You can pretend to understand laws and argue all you want. But mask mandates are perfectly legal. States have broad authority when it comes to public health
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "We we"

Practicing your French rumdum? You're spelling it wrong, it's oui.
    Or were you telling your mom you have to tinkle?
    It couldn't be that you had another brain fart and fucked up what you wanted to post yet for the third time in a row, you didn't add your *correction in a follow up post, could it?

It appears that the guilt feelings of your earlier days as a Calcutta alley whore and years of trolling TUSCL using multiple alias accounts have come home to roost. We have 5 documented alias accounts of yours and there's another couple that I forgot but we still don't know the total. Could it be that there are so many that even you lost track? That would be normal for a lifelong dipshit such as yourself.

But it's not too late, you can still redeem yourself by confessing to the aliases that you remember. Stifel your anxiety attacks and lower your stress, open up and admit to your numerous accounts and free yourself. Morph from being a dung beetle into the pretty butterfly that you so much want to be.
    CONFESS!
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    If you're working the counter at 7-11 ATM busy selling lottery tickets or turning tricks out behind the dumpster it can wait until you take your Slurpee break but it's time to free yourself and confess!
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Theosu are you capable of discussing any topic on here without resorting to inane ad hominem attacks?
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    phatty are you white knighting for rumdum? Lord knows after all her trauma which is plainly on display here she could use a knight in homie armor to teach her the proper way to turn tricks.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    My point proven
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Wear a hat and nobody will notice you delusional wannabe playa troll.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    On a recent golf trip I went to colorado, nebraska and kansas. In colorado, people wore masks. In nebraska and kansas, they did not. Felt very American to me. Quite constitutional as they would say over the pond........
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Quite irresponsible. Republican governors sucking trumps orange baby dick and refusing to enact public safety precautions.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Whether or not the media drops the COVID hype, after helping dems to steal the election, is irrelevant. COVID will still be spreading, still hospitalizing, still killing. I still feel we should pay it less mind, and live our lives according
    to our individual comfort and convenience levels.
    It has also been shown that antibodies from one strain of COVID do not protect you from other strains. Additionally, it has been proven that all antibodies leave your system in months, like flu and cold viruses.
    When vaccines become available, it may be like the flu. There will be a COVID season and seasonal COVID, with virologists attempting to forecast which COVID strains will be prevalent each year and annual vaccinations recommended. Again, it will be an individual option to respond according to your personal comfort level. There will likely be lingering recommendations regarding masks and social distancing for those highbriskngroups.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    I see covid disappearing, just like Trump predicted.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    In Denmark, Sars Cov 2 jumped into the mink population, mutated, and began infecting humans with a "mink variant." It is unknown how this will effect the efficacy of the vaccines currently in trials. This shit is not going away.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    By disappearing, I meant disappear from the MSM. It will always be a virus floating around.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    @Founder, My post was in response to Gammanu95.
    @Gammanu95, man you're a contrarian. You down vote me for agreeing with you that there are going to be multiple ongoing strains of Covid.
  • Beat100
    4 years ago
    While I respect your opinion, I think this view is too fatalistic.I heard in Brazil and other countries people tookhydroxychloroquine as preventive and nobody got sick. Give it a few months once they start selling all the overpriced drugs and covid will be a thing of the past.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion