tuscl

Have club shutdowns during the pandemic altered your future behavior?

Forget about what is happening right now - whether clubs are open in your area or not - what do you think you will do when this is all over?

Go to strip clubs more than you did pre-pandemic?

Go to strip clubs about as often as you did before?

Go to strip clubs less often than you did before?

41 comments

• Techman
    4 years ago
    # 1
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    At least for a short time, I'm sure just about everyone will go more. There is a lot of pent up demand !
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I’m not sure if it will lead to more or less frequent visits but I do believe that we are a long way off from any semblance of normalcy, I am sure that in general behavior will change because of this pandemic and the way it’s been mishandled across the board.
  • docsavage
    4 years ago
    I will go less. There is an assumption that the economy will bounce back but I don't think that will happen. We are just beginning to see the economic effects of the lock downs. We will be a poorer country in the future and having the government print up money and pass it out won't offset that. The money printing will create higher prices from inflation. With many people continuing to be unemployed while others are struggling with the higher prices there will be less demand for strip clubs. Strip clubs are a luxury and when times get bad guys will cut spending in that area. Beside having less extra cash, I also like the variety of different clubs and there will be fewer clubs for me to go to so I will also go less for that reason. This is all unfortunate. A recent poll found Americans think nine million people in the U.S have died from Covid when it is more like 1/60th of that so support for the extensive measures to deal with this are based on a wildly unrealistic belief in how serious this really is.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    That first month directly after lapdances came back to the club was absolutely amazing 😍

If I was still traveling, I’d absolutely go follow the “booms” in different locales directly after opening.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @DocSavage wrote: "so support for the extensive measures to deal with this are based on a wildly unrealistic belief in how serious this really is."

We've had 162K deaths so far and the U Wash simulation (the one Dugan quoted from the WSJ in March) is now predicting 300K deaths by the end of the year. Not to mention those who experience lasting lung, heart, and neurological deficits later on. That's not serious enough for you?

The economy will suffer whether the lockdowns are enforced or not. We have to beat the disease to rescue the economy.

Based on what I'm reading, I think there's a reasonable chance of a vaccine. I'd like to return to one SB and occasional SC visits.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    4 years ago
    I think I'm going to go much less. I've been getting a lot of massages mostly with happy endings and I think its a better overall deal
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    I'm an inconsistent goer anyways. I'll wait until they're running and bars/SCs aren't a major source of breakouts.
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    I don’t hold out high hopes. The world was going to shit before this contrived crisis and that included mongering in general all around the world not just the US. I don’t think that some of my favorite spots will survive or at least they will only be a sad shadow of their former greatness if they do.

And while I can’t change the past I regret the decisions I made last year. I feel that I wasted about eight months of life coming back to the states for (optional) medical treatment. Too much of that time was spent looking up at a hospital ceiling daydreaming about the day I would get back in the saddle again. That day was supposed to be late March and then the stupidity struck and I don’t need to explain the rest.

As I wait and wait and wait for this nonsense to end I know what I will do if it ever does. At 61 I know I’ve aged out so whatever time I have left I will spend searching out the best places that manage to survive this crap and return to my life of drinking and whoring. Given the opportunity that is exactly how I will end my days on this earth, getting drunk and fucking until I can’t fuck anymore. But that’s just me.
  • docsavage
    4 years ago
    RandomMember said: "We've had 162K deaths so far and the U Wash simulation (the one Dugan quoted from the WSJ in March) is now predicting 300K deaths by the end of the year."

To reach 300K deaths by the end of the year you are going to have to have a thousand deaths a day until then. We've had that number recently because of a surge in the Sunbelt but new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are now declining. Florida went from 250 deaths on a day a week ago down to 80 yesterday. It's unlikely we are going to reach a New York level of deaths anywhere else in the country since we were lucky enough not to have a national policy with a President Cuomo ordering all the nursing homes in the country to take sick patients.

Even if we did reach 300K by the end of the year that doesn't necessarily mean we will have an additional 300K deaths this year. Forty percent of deaths are in nursing homes. The average stay in those homes is sixth months which means many of the deaths from the disease would have happened shortly after from other causes. The hard hit states of New York and New Jersey had a lower number of deaths in June of this year than June of last year. Most likely, people who would have died in June 2020 in those states died in April 2020 from the virus. So the overall additional deaths by the end of the year may not be 300K. You also have to be aware that hospitals get extra money from the federal government for each COVID 19 patient so they have an incentive to reclassify deaths with COVID as deaths by COVID. This inflates the total numbers.

As for the saying we have to beat the disease to save the economy, that reminds me of the formerly well known statement from the Vietnam War saying we have to destroy the village in order to save it. It is unfortunate that so few people have any knowledge of history now and don't know anything about that government fiasco or all the other government fiascoes up to the current government fiasco in handling this disease.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I'm not going to get sucked into another debate about the virus, replete with melodramatic hyperbole and absurd predictions. But I will opine on what was originally asked.

I don't see future behavior changing dramatically. Heck, many of our local clubs are already back open and I don't see much change in current behavior despite the current rate of spread. The crowds are trending a tad younger, but that's to be expected. Any elderly person or middle aged morbidly obese dude with multiple other co-morbidities with a lick of sense is protecting himself right now.

Human beings are not wired to live in some crisis mode forever. The longer something goes on, the less they are afraid of it.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    ^^^There's no melodrama -- just quoting the same study that you did in March. If we get to 300K deaths, I'll be sure to remind you.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @BabyDoc is an expert on sucking other men; ask him.

It's amusing to see Dugan calling the study he posted "melodrama"

Lol!
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    No Randumb, The melodrama is what I'm reading posted by certain grown men in this thread. But I do invite you to remind me if the worst shall come by the end of the year. 😉

As I said in another thread, I'm done with this silly debate. I've lost interest in this topic now. Life has moved on: my kids are going back to school and activities; my job is running pretty normal minus all the travel, which will also return eventually; the stores, restaurants and even strip clubs I like are open; etc., etc. Let the elderly and infirm protect themselves or die from their own stupidity and the rest of us will continue to go about our business.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    There are probably some PLs that are jumping-at-the-bit to SC again and will probably "make up for lost time" and hit it hard at first - there are others that have gotten used to not SCing and they may ease their way back till the PL-juices start flowing again.

Per @spice's comment about the surge in her area when LDs started again, I can see a similar thing once we get past this (an initial surge b/f things level out) - this is predicated on the economy looking like it's recovering; if the economy is sloping negative once we are out of this then probably the clubs are also gonna be sloping negative - but my "gut feeling" is that there will be an initial SC surge (pent up demand) and that the economy will rebound also due to pent up demand.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    For me - pre-Covid I had already cut-down my SCing by about 75% compared to my blistering PL-pace of years past (mostly due to burnout) - thus when the lockdown hit it wasn't a huge shock to the PL-system for me - at the height of my SCing, SCing was something I did regularly and it wasn't that common for me to go more than a week w/o SCing (in the past if I went past a week it was me holding myself back on purpose b/c I had been over-spending vs b/c I didn't feel like going) - for most of 2019 my visits were sporadic and mostly out of old-habit vs being hard-up to hit a club as in years past.

Going forward post-pandemic I would like for clubs to "get back to normal" so I have the option to hit one once in a while out of old-habit - taking some SC-trips actually interests me a bit more than regular-clubbing just so I can experience something different and at the same time take a little roadtrip and get away from the same-old for a while.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Now that I've gotten the gist of how business has been at most of our local top clubs, I've settled down just a little.

Honestly, I just want to travel and check everything else out wherever I can. That was my initial plan at the beginning of the year, and the pandemic shutdown has only agitated my urge to go out of town even further.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Because of the combination of my being busy and the continuous decline of dancer quality in my area my club visits were already down before the virus and I don't see that changing in the near future.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Whether it's clubs or not, I think there's a good amount of pent-up-demand from people not being able to do stuff - often times folks procrastinate stuff/plans b/c they feel they can get around to it later - when it's taken away from you and you don't have an option, makes you think about making the most of your opportunities when you have them - already most of 2020 is looking like a wash and that's kinda a year wasted - post-pandemic I think folks are gonna be a bit more diligent w.r.t. buckeliest stuff although with time most people will probably revert back to old-habits of putting stuff off.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Future behavior? Don't know.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    Way less often, but that’s due to life’s circumstances, not entirely due to Covid. I got kids and there’s no daycare options I’m willing to use when they’re young.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    To be honest, I think I will go to dinner a few times once things are actually safe. The restaurants have been hit hard by the shutdowns, and I am hoping it will be possible to eat indoors in the late fall (with luck).

Strip clubs are too far off for me to decide on my future behavior. In my area - it’s going to take a very long time for clubs to reopen. I know some have gone outdoors, but I doubt they still offer the same filth as before.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    My area's SCs have been on such a precipitous decline over the past few years that I'd already been transitioning more to other activities (mainly sugar). I would like to say that I'll go back to my same, low-level amount of SCing again, but honestly, I wonder if this hastens the already-precipitous fall of what was once the best SC city going.

Anyway, my plan is to return to my previous SA-first, SC-second pattern, but not sure that will pan out
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    If all my faves return to work and LE allows unlimited fun in the clubs, I’ll return to frequent visits. Odds of that happening are one in a million.

More likely, there will be a new generation of inexperienced dancers, along with some grizzled ROBs, working under the scrutiny of the morality police and community virtue leaders.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Mark94, that's one of the things that I am wondering about.

The clubs have been closed long enough that people who swung by after work have broken the habit. Also, a lot of us work remote now, so dropping by on the way home is another factor that has flown out the window.

Some dancers will inevitably move to a different career because of the pandemic - the longer this lasts, the more dancers that will choose to do so.

The economy is always a factor - but states of the economy are transitory.

The biggest unknown in my mind is what various cities and counties are going to do. Topless bars have never been popular with city councils. How many ordinances will be enacted in the name of COVID-19 that really suit other agendas?
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Interesting. I hadn’t considered the work-from-home factor.

At my main club, HiLiter, the nearby car dealerships provided a lot of the customers. I expect that there will be fewer sales people on the lot.

I think the world is going to be a very different place post-vaccine. SCs are just a small piece of it.
  • Salty.Nutz
    4 years ago
    I am changing my approach. I will probably stop drinking due to less traffic. I used to drink a lot and had the benefit of hiding in plain site due to rush hour. i will be more selective, i will only be buying dances from strippers with flat tummys and a thigh gap. i will go less about once a month but with a limit of $2.5K per visit. my limit was 750 pre-covid.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Mark94 - I think loose enforcement of Phoenix city laws is what provided the majority of the customers at the HiLiter. The car dealers in the neighborhood probably helped some lunch-time traffic as well as some traffic after work hours. But the HiLiter of old was worth driving to.

As you know, that changed when the raids started happening.

The history of the HiLiter is what made me wonder what the post pandemic club environment will be like.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i look forward to sc club action!
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    About the same as before.

Might spend more than average 1st couple of times.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    @Salty: Good thinking there. Stay sober when there is less likelihood that you will hit something and prove out the "law of diminishing returns" by spending $2.5k for what could probably be had for your old $750 limit. 😀
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    As was mentioned in a previous discussion - club liquor licenses can be difficult to get - and many old clubs are located in industrial and sometimes sketchy locations. If a club closes, the local zoning or government may not be keen on allowing another rub and tug place to fill the vacancy.

I’m hoping the clubs I frequent are in shitty enough areas that they won’t have that problem. New Jersey areas such as Paterson, Passaic, Irvington are not revitalizing - so they should be fine. However, the better areas might be different - like Bloomfield or other towns.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    The first few months will be bad. Lots of scammers and broke bitches will try to make up for lost income.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I don't go to Court physically; Desires is closed; I walk the golf course and carry; we dine outside at restaurants. Other than that life is the same. The only change I will make in the future is to stop going. Losing interest rapidly and even changed this weeks vacation to a stay and play golf trip.
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    If the hotness and mileage remains at pre-pandemic levels, I’ll resume pre-pandemic frequency, which averages 2x/month (sometimes a few months go by with no visits and some months 3-4+ visits, all depends on how much time I have available and whether clubbing pals are in town). I miss my CF, boohoo.
    Agree w Subraman they clubs in our area are in decline, though I never got to experience SF’s heyday for comparison.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    There was a period of years when clubs were tightly regulated in Phoenix but Tucson was Sodom and Gomorrah. I’ll bet others have seen variances like that in their neck of the woods.

We might see more SC road trips coming out of CoVid. I’ll wager Tijuana gets back to normal pretty quickly, for example.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    For those who regret missing SF in its heyday, be aware that it was damned expensive. I’m remembering crazy figures, like $500 for FS. If you are willing to pay that, there are plenty of options available today. At least there were pre CoVid.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    The clubs around here (Cincinnati are) suck so I usually only club when traveling and I will continue to hit the clubs when I travel.

The only difference is I will have to plan and pay for the travel myself more often since the majority of my traveling was around the midwest for work. Since everyone at the company has been working from home they have eliminated all business travel until at least early 2021 and replaced the meetings and training that I had been traveling once or twice a month for with video conferencing.

I have considered hitting up some of the closer clubs to build relationships for OTC. While the clubs around here have terrible mileage ITC, OTC has been available just at much higher prices for the level of talent as other cities but from what I've heard the prices have dropped as the clubs were closed, then reopened, then closed again and now reopening but with no alcohol after 10 and closed at 11.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    I keep reading there are 2 economies forming in the US.

1. The middle/upper middle class that has been lucky enough to keep their jobs, own their homes. During the pandemic they aren't spending their money, they refinanced their homes again to even better rates, and they are saving the most they ever have because they don't have anywhere to spend it.

You don't think these soccermoms aren't going to buy out an entire Nordstroms when they can finally go in without a mask???? I have never seen so many new Mercedes driving in and out of my neighborhood too. The pandemic is actually helping some families bottom line.

Then there's the other half, the renters, the people that had jobs in the service industry, who are getting crushed. Some will never recover.

Certainly the case of the haves and have nots. I think the biggest question is whenever this is "over" how many businesses will be left to support those workers sitting on the sidelines right now, and how much money will the "haves" of my post be willing to let go and spend freely.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I've heard that tough economic times often create opportunities for many - also heard something along the lines that tough economic times are often responsible for creating the most millionaires but can't say I've looked into these claims.

I'm in the boat of having saved more than I have in a long time, if ever, and have been able to do a lot of catching up w.r.t. my retirement savings/investing - as a result I feel a lot better about spending-$$$/treating-myself once the pandemic is over (within reason).

w.r.t. the working class - I'm no economist thus IDK exactly what will happen but my feeling is the economy is jumping-at-the-bit to come back and it will create the necessary jobs for the working class as it had been doing pre-Covid - it's also been the case that post the great-recession the government has been willing to come in and grease-the-skids to get the economy going - and Trump's policies seem geared towards keeping the economy rolling.
  • rl27
    4 years ago
    Not really. I'll probably just take it slow the first few months, checking out various sites to see how the local clubs are going. Hopefully getting reacquainted with my favorites by getting lots of long song count dances from them for a few months. Maybe even a few half hour or hour dances if the clubs have some special reopening incentives

Then in the summer hit all the good out of state clubs that are back, and make several well known for a good time dancers day.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion