Corona-Stupid

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
I am probably in at least the top 5 of "oldest" members here on TUSCL (oldest as in joining the site) and I've managed to not say too much either direction during the COVID crisis respecting everyones views but I saw something this weekend that made my blood boil and wanted to share.

Over the years Juice has posted several (mostly skanky) strippers IG accounts on here and I've often taken a peak. For some reason I find it quite intriguing to see how much of a trainwreck life these strippers live and am somewhat puzzled why they insist on documenting every moment. There's this one, used to be cute before she covered herself with crappy tattoos although she is as skanky as one can be, Follies dancer. Just posted on Saturday she tested positive for COVID and complaining how crappy she feels. She has taken her brand new baby (probably at most 2 months old) to her parents house, but she's posting photos and videos today of her at a crowded beach in FL getting drunk. Looks sick as shit but still out just not giving a fuck. Can you imagine how many people she is exposing right now?

This is Corona-Stupid and this is why it's never going away.

This past week a large gym in my relatively small town announced there were 210 people exposed because a gym member tested positive for COVID. The very next day the gym is open again and the parking lot is packed full.

We're still going to be talking about Corona like this in Summer 2021 at this rate.

28 comments

• rickdugan
    4 years ago
    You wanted the gym to completely shut down for days if not weeks because 1 member tested positive?
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    ^^^ Nope, they can do what they want, I do know that the gym didn't sanitize worth a shit and it's probably just potentially going to spread it through the community because of that.

If they did a deep clean that night I see no problem with them opening the next day.

What do you think the solution should have been?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Are you trying to say the Swedish model of citizens taking personal responsibility would not work here (given how many fans that model seems to have and how many here claim it's the way to go)
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Many people, particularly young people, think missing out on one day of partying, even less a few-months, is too much to ask - there are people, particularly young people, that only think about themselves and what's best for them irrespective of the damage to others - there are people whose lives revolve around partying above everything else damn the consequences.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    I don't know if there is any solution for gyms -- unless you keep them closed. Sanitizing can only go so far since the virus is airborne during working hours. And we've discussed all the issues about asymptomatic carriers.

Our community indoor gym closed for two months, then opened on a limited basis. As a compromise, the new policy for swimming is that you reserve a lane for one hour, and that lane is yours during the reserved time -- effectively social-distancing for swimmers. Since the gym is indoors, I've decided to forgo swimming and that's been a hard adjustment.

We have no plan in place for testing, tracing, isolation -- so everyone has to make their own choices. A certain segment of society (nutcases) don't wear masks and don't take the disease seriously.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Who gets drunk when they are sick?
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    People often do things against their self interest. Like supporting trump
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    People often do things against their self interest. Like supporting trump
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Papi, Americans suck at taking personal responsibility. I don't know whether it happened during the boomer generation or earlier generation X, but they passed it on -amplified- to gen Y and the millennials. That leads us to our current state of people wanting the government to pay for everything, to get a mulligan on every mistake, and being wholly unable to work things through in a truly bipartisan fashion while still holding to a set of guiding goals or principals.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    China just locked down 400,000 people; like they were in prison, because of 18 cases. Progressives and Democrats admire them for this and want to be like them.
  • crosscheck
    4 years ago
    It isn't generation X. I'm in my forties and I've lost track of how many times I've looked at millennials and shaken my head. It makes me feel like an elderly man yelling "get off my lawn" but the point being even the generations just ahead of them don't understand them any more than older generations.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Why not post the link so we can all be reminded which skanky stripper you're talking about?

• chessmaster
    4 years ago
    Right now isn't a good time to go to the beach or gym exactly because of people like that. These types of people are far too common now(especially millennials) so you* should know better than going to the beach or the gym right now.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    There are several early to mid 20's folks I follow since I have known them since they were babies. Every one of them keep posting pictures being out at bars with big groups, no masks or distancing. they are out every night. Absolutely right that is how it is spreading. One of them goes and gets tested every Saturday morning and posts that he is "still negative" like he expects to get it at some point. One of them had a friend that tested positive and that friend is STILL IN THE GROUP GOING OUT.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    Thought I might know who the dancer is, but hell, it could be any of a dozen of them.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Stupidity is unbelievable lately that’s for sure
    4 years ago
    The good news in this is that Darwinism will look after some of this, erasing many of the dumb clucks who still want to party while sick or party with sick ppl or attend huge political rallies. Soooo sad.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    " One of them had a friend that tested positive and that friend is STILL IN THE GROUP GOING OUT."
    i would be ok with any cop to choke the living daylights out of this piece of shit.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Well stupid isn't limited to just the young either. Our local VFW is populated by mostly 45-75 year olds and the monthly drawing was this past Saturday. 50-60 people packed into an indoor bar area with no ventilation; talked to someone that briefly went in and word was that not a single one of them had a mask on; zero.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ Somehow you managed to outdo your last avatar,
    Nobody suggested stupid was limited to any age group, just look around there's stupid everywhere, some of the stupidest among us think wearing a mask is a political statement, it isn't, its really an IQ test
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    The sad, selfish realization is they know THEY are not really in danger. It is older people they then interact with. They don't seem to understand or give a shit that their actions are endangering others. I hear them say masks don't protect you. NO SHIT! They protect other people FROM you. They only care about minimizing the inconvenience and impact on themselves. It is a very self-centered and live for the moment generation.

The ones I know also selectively ignore, doubt, dismiss, accept and dogmatically believe what any government says on the matter.

Everyone knows the data is exaggerated.
    Most people have already had it and lack of testing does not show it.
    The numbers are inflated because of politics.
    They said on TV it is dying down.
    They would not allow bars to open if it wasn't safe.

Not wishing this at all, but maybe if one of them loses a parent or grandparent they will wake up.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    Posts crossed. I am not saying older people are not being stupid, too. but the millenials seem to be exceedingly stupid about this.
    4 years ago
    The younger generations always appear to be the stupidest, they do not have a monopoly on stupid but to onlookers they appear to be severely handicapped in the common sense department
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Life experience means something. If you've never suffered big consequences from being careless, what's the deterrent? Plus there's just stuff that looks different through "older" eyes.

But there's also things I do now that I wouldn't have done in my 20s. I've lived long enough to know that opportunity doesn't stick around forever, so when it's there I just go with the flow.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I mentioned "life experience" and how it changes us as we age to my wife after going through this thread and her comment was "If that is the case, how come I never know if one of your crazy drunken guy stories happened in 1974, 1990 or 2018?
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    "Experience" is what I call my mistakes.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Mistakes make for better stories than successes.
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    @skibum609 “Mistakes make for better stories than successes.”

LOLOLOL. See my latest article.

https://tuscl.net/article.php?id=57297
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion