tuscl

How would reparations work?

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
Friday, June 26, 2020 4:56 PM
As crazy as it sounds, I think we are heading towards reparations. But, who would get it? Would it only be given to those that can prove a direct lineage to someone that was a slave? Or, would anyone with dark skin get it? What about mixed breeds like Bubba? Would he get a full check? How about Cubans? I'm sure they are a victim of the rampant systemic racism in this country too. They deserve a taste. Reparations will probably happen but it will tear the country apart and solve nothing.

25 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    How about my people, I mean damn those Egyptians owe us some reparations too, we built those pyramids, and that Sphinx, that was a godamn project talk about back breaking work.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    yes. let my people go. to the bank and deposit reparations.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    I am willing to pay reparations to anyone who was legally enslaved in the US. Seriously, if they want to calculate this, factor in the lives given to end slavery at Gettysburg, Chancellorsville, and Antietam.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Chinese built the railroads. Wouldn't they deserve a check?
  • Richard_Head
    4 years ago
    I agree, I think it would be really divisive and divide us further. I think if it ever was approved it wouldn’t be in the form of direct payments either, rather it would be centered around things like tax credits, mortgage incentives, free tuition, low interest small business loans, etc.
    4 years ago
    I agree w Richard. Checks would not happen but breaks so others can catchup make some sense, just not sure where you start or stop.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    The founder of BET thinks all evil whitey should all pay about 8 dollars a day for the next 30 years until "ALL" blacks receive around $350,000. Not descendants of slaves just any black person.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Yea, I doubt small business loans fits the expectations of those still impacted by past generations of slavery. They deserve a life changing amount of cold hard cash.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @ ime - that would require some serious discussions regarding who is "black". Would Gemacans qualify? My guess would be "yes"
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    Well, the Indians should be paid by every resident in the US for the use of land. I figure the same $8 per day by all non- American Indian in the US calculated from 1492 until the end of time.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    What will happen at first will be means testing for social security. Anyone who worked hard and saved will be cheated.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    The Indians both native and from India definitely deserve a check. Man, this is going to be expensive. Good thing money can be created out of thin air. Bring it baby!
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Whites need thank you money from other groups for setting up the country and making such massive contributions to the modern world. I no longer am peacefully asking for a thank you, I'm demanding money from them.
  • CrimsonCaravan
    4 years ago
    If it were up to me this is how I'd fix it: Train the police better. Make it so they have to complete an actual degree and take de-escalation training. A stricter psychological evaluation should be mandatory for cops. Train them to use firearms as a last resort. Make the police all have dashcams in their cars and body cams on. Instead of defunding the police, reroute the funds they already have into training their people better instead of buying better equipment. There should be a push for reparations in the form of infrastructure. Places like St. Louis, Baltimore and Detroit are predominantly black and those cities are arguably the worst cities to live in. Push the government to turn places like that where the black community lives into a better place. Build better schools, build infrastructure, build community resources, build better hospitals. Build up the black community so that that turning to crime won't ever have to be an option. And better yet, all the new resources and new infrastructure in the black community should be built by blacks as well. It creates jobs for them and it builds up their community. Every person that has a job is one less person likely to be a criminal. Do this enough and it promotes sustainability. It'll turn a city plagued by welfare and violence into a city with opportunities and financial growth. Best of all, these reparations would also be beneficial long term for us as a country too. Bigger city economies and more opportunities for people of color to move up the ranks People of color are the backbone of this country and handing out reparations in the form of cash won't solve anything. Give the people something that will last them generations
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    The founder of BET thinks all evil whitey should all pay about 8 dollars a day for the next 30 years until "ALL" blacks receive around $350,000. Not descendants of slaves just any black person. Shit if that happens I’d invest in gold and whoever manufactures chrome rims.
  • kenrodchitown
    4 years ago
    Direct checks can't work. Investment in underserved communities seems like a better bet. That investment could be multifaceted: daycare for children and infrastructure that requires local manpower. The daycare serves educational and parental work purposes, while the infrastructure provides jobs and better surroundings.
  • rl27
    4 years ago
    How would reparations work, if you were born before 1860, then you get money, if not shit out of luck.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @CrimsonCaravan - great plan but I suspect that would not remotely placate the potential recipients. They probably expect a direct deposit of a life-changing amount of cash.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Some white liberal read the book Helter Skelter and thought Manson's plan had validity.
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    Slave owners should get reparations too. They lost a lot of their wealth when their slaves were taken from them.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    I want some damn reparations for reading through this thread 🤞
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    I DEMANDED REPARATIONS FOR THE LOST STRIP CLUB TIME DUE TO COVID.
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    They wouldn’t. Period.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    great line from a great film, Kingdom of Heaven, went something along the lines of being made to pay for offenses we did not give, to those who were not alive at the time to be offended. Show me a slave owner and show me someone enslaved by that person, and we can have the conversation. We also need to involve the European companies and governments who operated the ships of the tobacco triangle, the Caribbean governments and companies who grew and made the tobacco, rum, and sugar, and all of the African tribes and governments who sold slaves to the traders. Anyone who really wants to set things right, and is truly honest about what is owed to whom, will realize there is a very simple, straight-forward path to be followed. 1) Ship all current refugees back to their individual shitholes 2)Ship all black people back to Africa. 3) Ship all Asians back to Asia 4) Shut down and dismantle all manufacturing and production facilities created since the industrial revolution in the Americas. 5) Slaughter as many descendant animals of European farmers as reasonable - cows, pigs, chickens, horses, cats, dogs - everything not indigenous to the Americas 6) Raze all of the cities built by the descendants of Colonial Americans 7) Burn all of the farms 8) Wish the Indians (feather, not dot) the best of luck 9) Whitey goes back to Europe It will be less than six months before the third World War begins as Russia and China begin fighting over the resources of the new world.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion