tuscl

John Bolton rats out Trump

joker44
In the wind
Here are 7 stunning details from a new report about John Bolton’s explosive book

Though the Trump administration is making a show of trying to stop it, former National Security Adviser John Bolton’s book is already making waves.

The New York Times, which received an advance copy of the book before its official publication next week, published a report on Wednesday laying out some of its key revelations.

While Bolton himself is in many ways a duplicitous and untrustworthy figure, his allegations about President Donald Trump are worth taking seriously. We’ve already seen that much of what is going on behind closed doors is nefarious and detrimental to the country — and a person with Bolton’s access would likely know many of the White House’s darkest secrets.

Here are 7 stunning details from the report:

1. Bolton confirms that Trump’s infamous Ukraine quid pro quo was explicit

The book confirms House testimony that Mr. Bolton was wary all along of the president’s actions with regard to Ukraine and that Mr. Trump explicitly linked the security aid to investigations involving Mr. Biden and Hillary Clinton. On Aug. 20, Mr. Bolton writes, Mr. Trump “said he wasn’t in favor of sending them anything until all the Russia-investigation materials related to Clinton and Biden had been turned over.” Mr. Bolton writes that he, Mr. Pompeo and Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper tried eight to 10 times to get Mr. Trump to release the aid.

2. Bolton says that similar incidents occurred with Turkey and China

“The pattern looked like obstruction of justice as a way of life, which we couldn’t accept,” Bolton wrote.

He blames the Democrats for impeaching Trump on grounds that were far too narrow and solely focused on Ukraine, but this complaint is deeply ironic given Bolton’s refusal to testify.

3. Trump tried to get China to help him win re-election, the book claims

Bolton wrote that “the president overtly linked policy to his own political fortunes as he asked [Chinese President] Xi to buy a lot of American agricultural products to help him win farm states in this year’s election. Mr. Trump, he writes, was ‘pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win. He stressed the importance of farmers, and increased Chinese purchases of soybeans and wheat in the electoral outcome.’”

4. Trump reportedly did not know Britain is a nuclear power

This is a basic fact about world politics, and yet the president seems to have no clue what’s going on.

5. Trump reportedly asked if Finland is a part of Russia

The report doesn’t say who Trump asked. Hopefully, it wasn’t the Finns. Or the Russians.

6. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo reportedly dismissed Trump’s overtures to North Korea as useless

During Mr. Trump’s 2018 meeting with North Korea’s leader, according to the book, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo slipped Mr. Bolton a note disparaging the president, saying, “He is so full of shit.”

A month later, Mr. Bolton writes, Mr. Pompeo dismissed the president’s North Korea diplomacy, declaring that there was “zero probability of success.”

7. Bolton says he reported cases of Trump’s potential abuses of power to Attorney General Bill Barr

It’s not clear if anything ever came of these reports.

43 comments

• founder
    4 years ago
    People have been dropping bombshells about Trump for nearly 4 years now. How come nothing sticks?

• boomer79
    4 years ago
    Nothing sticks because he is heavily protected by allies who will not cross the line regardless of evidence.
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    Trump is da kang of trolls mane
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Ever notice how an asshole you hate and call a dirty liar becomes amazingly honest and trustworthy when he hates Trump? Progressives are swine.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Bolton is full of shit, when he had a chance to make a difference he bailed, as a result, I don't believe a word he says, and no one on either side has one ounce of respect for him.
    Coward and a Traitor.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    SOME ONE SAID TRUMP DID SOMETHING? Well shazam!
    Why is this even a topic?
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Is he any relation to Michael Bolton?
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    If Trump was so despicable, why did Bolton continue working with him, and say nothing, until Trump fired HIM ? Will anyone in the mainstream ask Bolton this question ?
  • JAprufrock
    4 years ago
    1. My sources tell me it was Hunter Biden that was conspiring with the Ukraine. Trump actually believes Ukraine is weak.
    2. Democracies like Turkey and China would never conspire to fix an election.
    3. China did not return Trump's calls as it was busy working on some top-secret virus.
    4.. How can a country with lousy food and people with bad teeth be a nuclear power? Fake news.
    5. Finland might as well be a part of Russia, for all the good it's ever done.
    6. Useless? The guests at the soon-to-be opened Trump Tower North Korea would disagree.
    7. Bill Barr never received any such reports, but he did say his new shredder works splendidly.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    ^^^ I prefer cognac but you sound like a whiskey man
  • JAprufrock
    4 years ago
    ^^
    I don't always drink vokda, but when I do ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresti…
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    🤣FTW
  • Member6532
    4 years ago
    so he is untrustworthy but we should trust him now? Sounds like a democrat
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    When a piece of shit calls another piece of shit a piece of shit ... Do we all win? Lose?

If you're bad enough John Bolton turns on you, you're awful.

We all smell the blood in the water. Republicans are going to soon be fighting over who is next. If the Dems take the Senate, the sad turtle McConnell is probably done for good as majority leader. Will it be Mittens? the zodiac killer? Someone new?
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    "On Wednesday, Never Trump conservative Bill Kristol wrote in The Bulwark that former National Security Adviser John Bolton is telling the truth in his tell-all book alleging widespread chaos and corruption in the Trump administration — and that Republican leaders themselves know it.

“Whether or not one is surprised by what Bolton reports, no one should really doubt the truth of it,” wrote Kristol. “I have no doubt that Bolton is telling the truth. Not simply because of my two, as it were, generally corroborating sources. But because I’ve known John Bolton a long time, and John Bolton is an honest man. He tells the truth. Full stop.”

“John Bolton is neither a liar nor a fantasist. John Bolton may not be the epitome of warmth, humor, or even kindness. But he is honest,” wrote Kristol. “Nor is he the type to get confused. He is a meticulous note-taker. When we read Bolton’s book, we will almost certainly be reading the nearest thing to the truth about the Trump administration that we’re likely to get before historians have a chance to get inside the administration’s archives.”

Personally, I wouldn't bet the house on Kristol's word but it is interesting nevertheless
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    "On Wednesday, Washington Post reporter Seung Min Kim asked Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN) about the new allegations from former National Security Adviser John Bolton that President Donald Trump interfered in multiple international criminal investigations for personal gain and tried to get the Chinese president to help him win the election. Alexander said that he does not regret voting against allowing Bolton to testify in the Senate impeachment trial.

The reason? Because Alexander already believed Trump was abusing his office this way — he just didn’t care.:

After Bolton book revelation, @SenAlexander—key R vote—tells me he’s not rethinking his choice to block witnesses: “Did I need any more evidence to be convinced that President Trump did what he was accused of doing? I said he did it. I was convinced.” https://t.co/xEOmPlVXUc

— Seung Min Kim (@seungminkim) June 17, 2020
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    More on Bolton -
    "Twitter users are still furious at Bolton for refusing to step forward and do the right thing during the impeachment trial or the House hearings leading up to the impeachment vote.
    ----------------
    So Bolton sat in on several instances where Donald Trump betrayed the country and/or broke the law and his reaction was to save it all for his book?

Patriotism, GOP style.

— Annie Gabston-Howell-
    Let us not forget that Bolton could have walked up to a microphone on ANY DAY BACK THEN and said: "If asked, here is what I will confirm under oath." He refused to appear voluntarily before the House, but wanted the Senate to compel him. Too clever a game, and here we are now. https://t.co/wpVLELUIOk

— Tom Nichols (@RadioFreeTom) June 17, 2020

@JohnCornyn @tedcruz @chiproytx @GregAbbott_TX you breaking with the traitor yet or are you going to say Bolton is lying? #GOPCorruptionOverCountry #GOPCowards #GOPComplicit https://t.co/nbyamf5n1V

— Cobra DMD (@CobraDmd) June 17, 2020

Bolton’s staff were asked to testify before the House to Trump’s abuses, and did. They had a lot to lose and showed real courage.

When Bolton was asked, he refused, and said he’d sue if subpoenaed. Instead, he saved it for a book.

Bolton may be an author, but he’s no patriot.

— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) June 17, 2020

• Mr_O
    4 years ago
    The left's Trump plan.

Throw shit at the Constitution on the wall and see if it sticks.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    The only take away from John Bolton, is that Donald Trump knows how to hire the best people (not)
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Oh, Trump fucked up on personnel decisions early in his presidency. He let the swamp convince him to hire “ smart people with experience”. A lot of them were bureaucrats who stabbed him in the back. He finally has a handful of good people around him ( Pence, Pompeo, Meadows, Grinnel, etc ). Still plenty of bureaucrats too ( Fauci, scarf lady, etc, etc ).
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Bolton was from the third round of hires guess he (Trump) is A slow learner LOL
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    "Here are 7 stunning details..."

----------
    The details are not all that stunning. We already knew that about the quid pro quo with Ukraine and the stuff about Finland and Britain confirms what we already know -- that the president is a buffoon and an imbecile. It's simple: Bolton could have testified to the House under oath. But instead, he waited for a book deal and a few million bucks. Yes, what a hero.

@Mark94- Do you stimulate your geriatric asshole while you're watching Laura Ingraham all day long? SHe's 56-yrs-old and must be a hottie to someone in your age group.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Random: Huh ? Don’t quite know where that came from. It might have been funny if I watch Ingraham. I don’t. In fact, I seldom watch any Fox News. I can’t stand most of their celebrity hosts. I know that goes against the belief that all Trump supporters get all their fake news from Fox.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Trumpers, what in the book sounds like Trump wouldn’t do this?

Note: Trump sued to keep the book from being published because it violated an NDA. This isn’t some threat to national security like they were trying to say. Now that it’s out, will Trump point to anything specifically and say it’s classified? Call me out on this in a month, but my prediction is you’ll hear crickets. The book is embarrassing to Trump. That’s it.

Lastly, watch Trump’s denials. He will not point to anything specific and say it’s wrong. He will instead offer general denials like “Bolton is a liar” and “he’s disgruntled so you shouldn’t believe him.” He’s already started. He won’t deny anything specifically upon which he might be proven wrong. His staff may do it, but he won’t. He did this with Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. I never saw Trump quoted as denying those affairs. Just calling them liars. Though his staff denied the affairs.

This is your president.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    He is the President of all of us. Like it or not that is a simple fact. Most people who voted for Trump did not support him then and don't now. They will vote for him again, because democrats are simply even fucking worse as amazing as that sounds. Joe fucking Biden lol. Took the filthy thug 3 runs for President to even win a primary lol.
  • PutaTester
    4 years ago
    What condescending name Turnip will come up with for Bolton as he has his other detractors? It would be funny if people were not dying in the streets, in hospitals, and in Mexico on the floors of their cages. And his supporters cheer him on. Baffling.

• RamPaige
    4 years ago
    If Bolton really cared about taking down Trump, he'd testified during the impeachment hearings. This is just him trying to sell dirt. Remember he left the Trump administration, because he was upset that Trump wanted to negotiate with the Taliban to finally bring our troops home from Afghanistan for good.
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    Establishment Republicans are so taken aback at the level of sheer stupidity exercised by Trump. Won't matter what details Bolton reveals. Trump will retain his solid 35% of the populace.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    35-40 percent of the vote for Trump sounds plausible
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ I don't think he has as much of a following as he did in 2016, if for no other reason than the majority of his fans are older and he's lost a bunch of them, and he is not doing anything substantial to grow his popularity.
  • sideshow_bob
    4 years ago
    Trump hate hates Trump. Amazing.
  • OrangeClown
    4 years ago
    @twentyfive Bolton was from the third round of hires guess he (Trump) is A slow learner LOL

Don't bother trying to reason with an Orange Lover. Their master could cornhole their granny on Fifth Ave. and all they'd do is ask if he needs more lube.

@Mark94- Do you stimulate your geriatric asshole while you're watching Laura Ingraham all day long? SHe's 56-yrs-old and must be a hottie to someone in your age group.

I wouldn't fuck that bitch with Sarah Huckabee Sanders' dick.

@tahoecruz What condescending name Turnip will come up with for Bolton as he has his other detractors? It would be funny if people were not dying in the streets, in hospitals, and in Mexico on the floors of their cages. And his supporters cheer him on. Baffling.

Not really baffling. Orange lovers fall into one or more of these categories: 1. Flaming racists, 2. Mind-numbingly ignorant and uneducated, 3. Scared of their own shadow. But more of the blame goes to the Republicans who either support him or are too scared to speak out against him, fearing he'll go on a Twitter rant and destroy their careers. It's a shame that none of them have a set of ball or a pair of ovaries. Take Ted Cruz, for example. Trump calls his wife ugly and says his dad conspired to kill JFK. Instead of blasting Trump, Cruz does nothing but massage the president's tiny nutsack.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Per @skibum's post

As we all know, politics have become very divisive in the last couple of decades - many conservatives feel under attack and they often feel no choice but to get behind any Republican no matter who it is bc they feel a Democratic alternative is orders of magnitude worse (also applies to hardcore Dems).

For many, Trump is far from the ideal Republican/conservative but "he's the best choice given the alternative".

I'm wondering how the current protests will play out w.r.t. Trump's reelection w.r.t. voters that are in the middle:

a) those in the middle fear/disagree with many of the protests side-effects and will thus lean Trump where they might have not?

b) those in the middle wanna be woke and feel Trump and everything he stands for must go?
  • sideshow_bob
    4 years ago
    The media has been totally captured by the globalist left. Normal people hate all this chaos and violence. Trump is going to sweep.
  • PutaTester
    4 years ago
    Turnip is going to be swept, not sweep. He barely squeaked by in 2016 by playing games. Gotta give him credit for seeing the path that nobody else did. OTOH, He is proving his incompetence daily and his slim margin is eroding. Actually, some of his policies and ideas are valid. The execution fails. If he followed the examples of Romney or even Pence, he might have a chance, but it is too late to change his stripes.

And it is likely that two weeks from tomorrow his heard will be thinning. Apparently they are already lining up for his rally. You can't fix stupid.
  • bkkruined
    4 years ago
    Trump had 304 electoral votes vs Hillary's 227. So, 40 votes would've swung it.
    Pennsylvania has 20. Results for that state were Hillary 2,926,441 (47.46%) Trump 2,970,733 (48.18%) and Jill Stein 49,941.
    Wisconsin has 10. Results Hillary 1,382,536 (46.45%) Trump 1,405,284 (47.22%) and Jill Stein 31,072.
    Michigan has 16. Hillary 2,268,839 (47.27%) Trump 2,279,543 (47.50%) and Jill Stein 51,463.
    So, in Pennsylvania out of 5,897,174 cast he won by 44,292.
    In Wisconsin, 22,748 votes out of 2,787,820 and in Michigan 10,704 out of 4,548,382
    Less than 1% in each state. Total of less than 100,000 people out of 12 million (and only 1/2 plus 1 need to change their mind).
    Not only did he tell Michigan they can go fuck themselves last month when their Governor complained about lack of federal assistance for the pandemic (6000 dead, top 5 impacted states).
    BUT, each of these states was won by a margin less than Jill Stein's vote total. And I haven't seen Russian state media pushing any 3rd party greeny spoilers yet this year on RT (Russia Today's English cable news) and sputnik.com (because ya, those photos of Mike Flynn at the dinner table with Putin for RT's anniversary party, that was Jill Stein sitting on the other side of Putin)...
    So, I think Trump's going to have a greater challenge this year, and there's not much of a margin for him to loose any support he had last time.
    (oh, and this year, Bernie looks like he's on board with campaigning for Biden)
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    @Papi Trump simply has to go. No bones about it. Other than voting for Biden, I'm voting GOP down the ballot. I'd always voted for Democrats before. But the liberal wing has become too silly in recent years.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    IMO Trump has done a fair amount of damage to himself - add to that the current fervor of the left, and not only can I see Trump losing, but I def fear the Senate going blue also - and with the current left fervor, one may see a very different America in the near-future which may not be a good-thing depending where one's views lie.
  • OrangeClown
    4 years ago
    I think you're all underestimating the power of corruption. The Republicans are doing everything in their power to suppress voters.
  • OrangeClown
    4 years ago
    @tahoecruz And it is likely that two weeks from tomorrow his heard will be thinning. Apparently they are already lining up for his rally. You can't fix stupid.

This is a disaster in the making. If Oklahoma experiences the kind of spikes we've seen in Florida and it's traced back to this neo-nazi rally, I'm sure that'll look good on Trump. Frankly, I'm shocked this fat 74-year-old pile of excrement hasn't caught it yet.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    I'm with you guys. Let's go back to the crappy economy of obama! I was a lot richer then because you fools had so much less!
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Toss out an inconvenient truth and the idiots shut up!
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Some people probably look down at engaging with ignorant liars Mr. O and as such ignore your ignorant lies. Should I dumb it down a bit more so you can understand keyboard commando?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion