tuscl

OT: What would you do?

datinman
Not in Kansas anymore
Monday, June 8, 2020 4:41 AM
After dancing with a hot chick, a 23 year old dude orders a beer and "whatever she wants". She proceeds to order 4 double shots of 1942 Don Julio at $75 per shot for her and her friends. [view link] The girls a bitch, clearly, but I say the bartender is also an asshole for not confirming the order with the dude before pouring. I would have paid for my beer and only one of the shots because I foolishly left myself open to that abuse. If the bartender had a problem, it would be "I offered her a drink, not a round for the table." Thoughts?

43 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    That’s why smart mongers don’t leave things open ended especially with a person they just met, smarter thing to do would be to ask what she would like to drink then you order it that way you aren’t on the hook for anything you don’t agree to.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    He ordered a beer and whatever "she" wants, so he is obligated to the bar for a beer and one shot. Any issues I call the cops if I am in America and get robbed blind if I am living in democratville.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Good point 25; always ask what she wants and order for her.... never just let her tell the waitress herself. Never got stung this bad but, I have paid for some $25 vodkas and cans of red bull before I learned.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    it's amazing how some of these cunts think that they are such hot entitled pieces of shit. one time i go up to this stripper and she goes to me, "you're going to get me a hookah and wine before we head off to dances.: "you either choose one or the other," i replied. the hookah comes out. i tried it-why not? i paid for this shit. i don't see the appeal-rather smoke cheech and chong dog or table shit. then 3 minutes later bartender approaches with the wine. "whoa? what the fuck is this? i said one or the other-not both. i'm not paying for that wine." fear was in the bartender's eyes that i could see. she was thinking what the fuck was she going to do with the wine? needless to say cunt and i never did get those dances. i ended the interaction with this: "aw c'mon. why aren't you smoking it huh? the shit's already been paid for. c'mon-smoke that shit up!!!
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    anyway a shot at any bar is 1 ounce yes? so the article says that it was $75 for this particular brand an oz. can someone tell me why? does it taste good? does it provide magical powers like throw a baseball at 200 mph or make me cum 10 times in an hour?
  • rickthelion
    4 years ago
    Doing shots of sipping tequila? Classy... not!!!! Lemme ricksplain. We ricks only fuck the classy girls. Girls worthy of our incredible rickness. Bitch try to pull that shit with me and I’d just say “it’s not the money - I’m a rick so I’ve got that covered - it’s the principle. And the principle is that you’re gonna change that order or imma go wildebeest on your ass... ROAR!!!”
  • sinclair
    4 years ago
    Whenever a dancer wants a drink, I tell her as long as it's not very expensive. I still end up having to pay 10-15 dollars many times. If a dancer wanted to drink beers, I'd be down to buy her longnecks all night. As of 2020, I no longer buy dancers drinks unless it is after a good VIP session or an enjoyable string of dances. If a dancer asks me to buy her a drink before any action I tell her no and just move on. Payment is only rendered after services are received.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    It’s all part of life. Most of us experience something like this early in adulthood. If we are smart enough to learn from it, we can prevent a million dollar mistake later in life for the small investment of $200 or $300 when we are 21.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    I don't mind buying a dancer drinks if she's sitting with me and I'm interested. It's a good way to get to know her and feel her out, so to speak. If I'm in a new club, I always ask about the drink price before getting one for her, though, to make sure that club doesn't run the "dancer drink" scam.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    An important distinction here is that it didn't happen in a SC. This was a typical guy hitting on a girl at a nightclub thing. She danced with the guy and then tried to screw him over by ordering the drinks.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ my advice still applies ask her What she’d likeand order for her , then there’s no way to buy anything that you don’t want
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    SC or nightclub-where it happened does not matter. the only way for me to find that twat's behavior to be beyond acceptable is if her and all of her friends orally copulate my cock barside. if the drink is just for her only she can then twerk my cock until i deposit all over ass and outfit.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ===> "anyway a shot at any bar is 1 ounce yes?" Only at BabyDolls in Dallas, though it wouldn't surprise me if their shots are even smaller. There is no standard size for a shot per se, but almost everywhere else it is 1.25 to 1.5 ounces.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Since when is there >There is no standard size for a shot per se, but almost < That’s ridiculous a shot measured in a shot glass is always one ounce, anything more is an over pour.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    For those of you who say that he shouldn't have left it open ended, I disagree with the notion that he is to blame. This is extremely common. In most ordinary situations micro managing her drink order is neither practical nor desirable from a good vibe standpoint. Nobody expects a girl to pull a stunt like that except maybe a few extremely paranoid tusclers.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    @25, maybe in Utah, where they legislate shot sizes. But in most other places it is closer to 1.5 and that includes shot glass sizes, which range dramatically.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    ^There are usually two sides to a bar jigger. Some clubs do "pony shots" or 1 oz. Some do "jigger shots" or 1.5 oz. $75 is getting hosed even if it is a 3 oz double.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    So in the article this was just some guy at a club trying to pick up a girl. Not a strip club. At a strip club, that's a problem because I'd expect a bartender or a waitress to give a heads up the dancer is putting that big of an order on me. At a regular club, yes the girl who ordered the drinks is a bitch, but it's not the same. If he didn't hear what she ordered and think to ask about it, that's his fault.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    The pour systems in use in most bars can be set to pour any size from a single to whatever the owner decides but if you are using a recipe one shot = one ounce that’s really not up for debate
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ===> "but if you are using a recipe one shot = one ounce that’s really not up for debate" Of course it is, we are debating it now and you're simply wrong. Google the issue if you need to. I only drink hard liquor in strip clubs and the shot size is one of the defining differences between a clip joint and a normal club, the former adopting your 1 ounce philosophy.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    You’re not going to agree with anything no matter how basic that’s just stupid Bye Felicia
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Don't act like a whiny pussy just because someone disagrees with you.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    It's an interesting scenario. The babe would be a bitch for doing it with 12 dollar shots much less 75 dollars. What makes it interesting is if the dude refuses to pay, he can get arrested but nothing happens to the honey that ran the con. Dudes in civvie clubs trying to pick up honeys are sitting ducks for this shit
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ IDGAF if you agree or not that’s up to you if you want to be an argumentative asshole have to it, dumbass
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    @25 What's stupid is that you would take a simple comment, no matter how basic, and methodically escalate it into an argument just for the sake of arguing over nothing. But like rick said, we're debating this now and he is correct. I can only remember two bars in my entire life that poured a 1 ounce shot of hard liquor. The first is my favorite SC and I can assure you the upside of going there far outweighs the downside of their shitty little shots. The second was a regular bar where I ordered a whiskey on the rocks. Bartender pours a measured 1 oz of liquor on top of a rocks glass that was overflowing with ice. Before I took the first sip, it already looked like the backwash usually left after you're done drinking. I never went back to that place just on general principle.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ I get it Dugan just wants to troll this is his MO just looking for an argument
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    What would I do? Hard to say. I hope I would pay for one her $75 shots then walk away to wallow in regret of my own stupidity. I was in a SC Saturday and let a mercenary high hustle dancer get over on me slightly. Some of these honeys get off on fucking dudes over.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    I don’t agree with the sentiment “he made the mistake of leaving it open-ended, so he should eat it to some degree”. If he’s not ok with it then he should dispute it.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    It’s been a long time I’ve gotten 1oz shots at a bar or club. They are almost always 1.5 oz in my experience
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    I would bet big the honey knew the bartender.
  • joewebber
    4 years ago
    if you've ever wondered why the whales have all the dancers congregating at their table, it's the mooching thing going on. once the dancers know he has money, they will bring their friends over and order drinks on the whale's tab. they will sit for hours ordering drink after drink for everyone they can, and then they'll get the whale to take all of them to VIP. it's a systemic fleecing of the guy. it's fine to buy a dancer a drink if you know she'll be sitting with you for a while. it's also OK to say no to her to buy drinks for her friends. she'll try it, and she'll test you with it. she'll also try and get you to buy dances from her friends. it's OK to say no to that too. you'll also find out really quickly whether she's there to dance for you or play you.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    If I did something stupid like that, maybe I was drinking. I would just leave and never return. That would be a big hustle that the bartender was clearly in on if it was a strip club.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    I think this is somewhat common in clubs. Very ballsy of a honey to do this without fear of reprisal. If a dude did this hustle there would be a fight. A lot of crazy incels out there that may react violently to getting played like this.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Just ask her what she'd like so that you get a general idea of the price range beforehand (beer/wine/cocktail/shot/bottle). It's pretty rare that I've ever had a custy offer me a drink without asking first what I wanted. That seems logical to me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Clearly she was taking advantage - it's like taking a fave to a restaurant and telling her order anything you want and she orders the 5 most expensive entrees on the menu so she can try a bit of everything and also take home to her boyfriend. Really? The PL should eat that? Most of the experiences on here are gonna be w.r.t. strip-clubs where many PLs have had this happen to (early-on in my PL-career I had a shark order a $25 mini-champagne-bottle on damn DAYSHIFT - and yeah I paid "b/c hey I should have asked") - now depending on the club I do ask how much it is w.r.t. what she wants to buy b/c the reality is dancers *as a whole* can't be trusted not to fuck you over if given the chance - this is analogous to asking the VIP price pre-VIP instead of after VIP and her telling you "yeah that's gonna be a thousand-dollars" and you being obliged to pay b/c 'hey you didn't ask" - well what the fuck, if I am getting robbed it's not ok for the robber to shoot me b/c I didn't say "hey don't shoot me". These days I have pretty-much zero-tolerance w.r.t. getting ROBed whether I asked upfront or not - i.e. if I happen not to ask for her VIP price upfront and she comes out me with "it's $1k"; fuck no I'm not paying that, I'll pay her going rate and if she doesn't wanna it she doesn't have to take it and she can end up w/ zero - similarly if she asks for a drink and it comes back with it being the most expensive thing in the club, I ain't paying for that shit - you wanna buy something super-expensive you ask me first if it's ok, o/w you are trying to take advantage of my generosity and I'm not gonna let you just b/c you think you can of b/c of some "hey you didn't specify technicality BS".
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Can you guys seriously not weed out the girls who are going to do that shit immediately? I do that shit all the time, for the most part Subra & I club very similarly, but in this particular area I'm more in Rick's camp. I find it a mood killer to micromanage drink orders. I almost never have a problem, even when she orders some bullshit the bartender/waitress almost always repeats the order back to me and gives me a chance to object. I've paid for a few expensive drinks, but never the kind of bullshit you're talking about.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    She is a Rob. I would complain, try to get out of paying and then leave as fast as I could get out of there.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    It is not just the she ordered a high-end drink, she ordered a round for her friends of the same ultra-premium top shelf liquor. If it was a typical dance club, he might not have been able to hearbthe order she gave to the waitress. Regardless, she should have had the good sense and common courtesy to ask before she ordered a drink at that cost and especially before buying a round for her friends. She was in the wrong, and the guy did the right thing by refusing to be the sucker.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Since I'm not a big drinker, I'm not familiar w/ this 1942 drink- but I did have a 1942 run-in at a club last year. It was when I was on my SC-tour of the DC area in May of 2019 - I was at Ebony Inn (a black-dive) near the MD/DC border - I had been there in the late-afternoon and had come back around 10pm the same day - I had been spending on dances like if I just got out of prison thus had a bit of a sucker-bullseye on my back (and perhaps being a whiteguy the ebony dancers thought I could more easily be fleeced) - anyway I come back at night and an ebony dancer I had gotten dances with earlier in the day immediately intercepts me - she wants us to sit and have a drink - she had given me some good dance earlier in the day and I had just gotten there for my night-visit so I obliged to sit w/ her and have a drink - it's not something I wanted or was looking for but I didn't wanna be rude and blow her off and I thought it'd be a good-way to settle-in after just getting there - anyway we order, she tells the bartender what she wanted which I was not familiar with, I order a long-island which was about 11 or 12 bucks - when the bill came for her drink and mine I spent close to 50-bucks with tip - I paid it b/c I offered to buy a drink, was outta my element, and was on a SC-trip and didn't wanna get into an argument and have it affect my fun mini-vacation over a weekend (plus it was a small amount compared to what I spent on that trip) - I don't know exactly what she ordered but if I recall correctly it had to do w/ 1942 - anyway I felt played of her pretending "to be so happy to see me and want to spend time with me having a drink" when in reality she was just milking-me and not in the good way -but, even as a vet once gets caught once-in-a-while with their guard down (up to that point things had gone great in terms of my SC visits so that may have lead to letting my guard-down too-much).
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    I would not pay. I would leave club saying left wallet in car be back. Would get hell outta there fast.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    The only club I've bought a dancer a drink they pretty well "know" me. I've even told dancers sure as long as it's under (whatever dollar amount I'm feeling like usually 10 or 20). Sometimes they just said how about two more dances or buy dances or whatever. This club drinks if the dancer buys them are cheaper then if the guy does. It's weird. One time the dancer ordered the drink and I gave her the money (we had already agreed I'd buy her one). Waitress was like ok dancer price is .... I'm sure she saw, but didn't care because I'm a regular of the place. I don't buy drinks for dancers at places I'm not familiar with so no problems.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... This club drinks if the dancer buys them are cheaper then if the guy does. It's weird ..." It's not necessarily the norm but there are clubs that do this - problem is most custies don't know what the prices are (there isn't a price menu for the drinks) and custies are not aware they are being charged more - most custies just pay what the waitress tells them - there are clubs that charge more for the dancer drinks than the custy drinks if the custy is buying, and clubs that charge less if the dancer is buying her own drink.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ most custies are often not intimately familiar enough with clubs to know there may be pricing discrepancies w.r.t. drinks
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion