tuscl

Defund, disband and eliminate police departments?

misterorange
Biden SUCKS, Kamala BLOWS
Okay Dems and Libs, I'm all in. Let's give that a try and see what happens.

77 comments

• Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    The main question for TUSCL is how would this impact the availability of extras and OTC.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    So say the politicians who won't go anywhere without armed bodyguards.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Good point Lone_Wolf. There would probably be whorehouses operating like in old western movies. With a bar and a piano player.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Yea, everyone packing. Until they took the guns which will be next.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    μολὼν λαβέ
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Cities would be abandoned overnight. Every city that did this would look like Detroit. Empty houses. No tax base . No schools. No city services.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Oh really? Where would they go?
  • ime
    4 years ago
    We will find out soon in Minneapolis.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    More likely those city-dwelling morons would call their therapist for advice on why things are so bad.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Citizen militia would be formed out of necessity
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    @ime - yeah, will be interesting to watch. They voted for their leadership, let's see how it plays out.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    @Upright - Yes I agree, but the government has bigger guns. Will they turn them on the citizenry?
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “ Where would they go ?”

Where did the people of Detroit go ? Families with jobs moved to the Detroit suburbs. Young people, the unemployed, and retirees moved to the sunbelt
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    @mark94 - Yeah, but if every big liberal-controlled city in America takes on this experiment? It will be a lot bigger and more sudden than the decline of Detroit.
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    And someone finally asks about the elephant in the middle of the room:

“Democrats have run Minneapolis for generations. Why is there still systemic racism?”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2…

Excerpt for the short attention span afflicted:

“Below are pertinent questions, given the way the Democratic Party defines itself as being the party of tolerance and inclusion, and many Democrats' characterizations of Republicans or conservatives as racists or racially insensitive.

Minneapolis, Minn. has been under Democratic control since 1978. Chicago has been under Democratic control for 89 years; its present mayor is a black woman. Philadelphia has had Democratic mayors for 68 years; three of its last five mayors have been black men. Six of the last seven Atlanta, Ga., mayoral administrations were led by black Democratic mayors, and the present mayor is a black woman.

A city runs its police department and other services; therefore, if there is so much 'systemic racism' in these organizations, why hasn't it been corrected over so many years under Democratic leaders?

Why aren't these cities garden spots of racial tolerance, understanding, and virtue?"
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    This is a really good idea to make Minneapolis real estate more affordable
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    “It’s never been about left vs right. More like 0.1% of regular ass humans tricking the rest of us into fighting among ourselves while they rob us blind.”

~ SanchoRG, Texas
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    We can’t just turn the police into punching bags for criminals like left is trying to do. They are people too, they want to go home to their family at night. To much surprise they aren’t Superman or likely not some superstar MMA fighter. Brawling usually doesn’t look as pretty as it does in the movies. This probably the most pessimistic I’ve ever felt about our country’s future, honestly you got some real hardcore leftist lunatics running the show in some of these jurisdictions.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Keep in mind, this insanity will only happen in a handful of cities. The vast majority of cities will thrive as employment returns.
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    "given the way the Democratic Party defines itself as being the party of tolerance and inclusion"

I dont think anyone believes that crap anymore. Typical hypocrites that they are, most liberals are intolerant of anyone that disagrees with the narrative. I think most people see the democrats for what they are now. Hypocrites and narcissists.
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    All police officers should call in sick starting Monday due to bad working conditions (Like AOC suggested Amazon do). How long until the libs beg for a return ???
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... Minneapolis, Minn. has been under Democratic control since 1978. Chicago has been under Democratic control for 89 years; its present mayor is a black woman. Philadelphia has had Democratic mayors for 68 years ..."

And lets not forget it took a Republican to turn-around NYC and make it livable/safe for the first time in decades when it was always thought the city was ungovernable - yeah, it wasn't perfect and there might have been some collateral-damage which perhaps could have been avoided, but talk about a drastic turnaround - it was so bad that supa-liberal NYC had no choice but to turn to a Republican.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    People would arm themselves blow away anybody messing w them or their property. Others would organize into para military groups ambush mobs of thugs running loose.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    Disband PD - sounds like screwball idea. Then thugs and no goods run loose will mean war😀
  • blahblahblah23
    4 years ago
    Yeah I wish all the desirable cities weren't under ultra liberal rule lmfao. I can't even open my mouth in many cities w/o offending just about everyone I come across. Maybe it's that they are pussies like damn.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    This is a horrible idea. The police departments have obvious issues - as we see daily. But, our citizens need the police to enforce our laws.

Without police, a city like Newark NJ would be decimated in a matter of hours. This would make daily life look like a mix of the Purge and Mad Max.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I’m sure that the reality will sink in at some point, but you need to realize that the sheriffs office actually charges homeowners and businesses for services Here in south Florida you must pay a fee for having a burglar alarm, if you don’t pay the sheriff won’t respond to a call for service(help) and to make it even worse with each call for services you make , the fees, increase incrementally
  • ime
    4 years ago
    I just hope they live stream it.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    This is how federalism works. States and cities make decisions. Most run things well. A few innovate, setting an example for others to follow. A few fuck things up and serve as a warning. Choose your path Minneapolis, choose your path.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Per breitbart, the veto proof Minneapolis city council is going to replace the police with a mental health crisis team. they should start with themselves!

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020/06/…
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I am all for it. Let the urban leftists create an ecosystem where they have no protection from themselves. No cops, no guns, LOL. The criminals will still have guns. The criminals will still have vicious dogs. I live in a city in a county in a state where citizens support cops and copa support armed citizens.

Let the urban left dig their own graves (metaphorically), and lay in them (literally). It will just prove who is right.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    And say they use citizen community patrols, what criminal or anyone is going to just say ok fine you got me, no one will will have to recognize them as any authority or law figure.
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    Didn't they see what happened in Baltimore when the police just slacked off there? The irony of all these BLM protests against the police is that it results in more black people getting killed than ever. Black people are making the wrong decision to side with the criminals over the police.
  • NJBalla
    4 years ago
    I preface that I wont have much time to follow up on my point this week. But the idea of disbanding a police department is not a new idea. Camden did the same as noted below.
    https://www.newsweek.com/minneapolis-not…
    Now obviously not everyone is packing thier bags to move to Camden. However, there are some best practices that could be implemented to strengthen relationships between police and thier communities.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Anyone thinking this will result in more freedom is dilusional.

They will replace the police with SJW thought police and we'll have lists of what we can and cannot write, speak and do.

The libs should not hold power.
  • joeblow44
    4 years ago
    WOW! Talk about "throwing the baby out with the bath Water"! If this goes down, it will get reversed really quick.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Dear Lord - look at what happens to "crocodile-tears Minneapolis mayor" when he does not bow-down to every extreme-demand from the vocal-minority - they turn on his ass and he has to walk away w/ his progressive-tail b/w his legs as the "freedom fighters" turn on his ass (you need to watch the whole video to see how his ass-kissing turns into a virtual ass-whooping when he does not absolutely conform to the all-knowing/superiorly-enlightened "freedom fighters" - video clip is halfway down the page):

https://www.insider.com/minneapolis-mayo…
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Yeah, the police are the problem. NEVER address that they are often put into difficult positions by CRIMINALS!
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    This is starting to be a parody of the French Revolution and the indiscriminate use of the guillotine to anyone's head that disagrees w/ them.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    ^ we are already seeing the mob turn on its own, like the French Revolution. That video with the mob turning on the woke mayor of Minneapolis was both hilarious and disturbing.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Pretty soon only the most-extremist lives will matter, LOL
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    This far transcends the quest for equality and is now about privelage. The country has bent a knee to violence and the demands are just beginning.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    That’s how it always works. It’s called appeasement. If a bad guy messes with you and you meekly give in, there’s another beating coming your way. True in life. True in politics.

I’m beginning to think that BLM is the politically correct face of Antifa. It provides justification for the anarchy and resulting power grab. This has stopped being about racial justice.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    ^
    Good post Mark.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Los Angeles City Council President Nury Martinez, a Democrat, pushed to make drastic cuts to the Los Angeles Police Department’s (LAPD) funding amid a nationwide campaign by the far-left to defund police departments — a move she made while having an LAPD unit stationed outside her private home since April.

Spectrum News 1 journalist Natalie Brunell reported that the unit, which guards Martinez’s home, usually includes two police officers and has been in place for the last two months.
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    Interesting, but typical of the "this is fine for you, but not for me left".
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    I read the other day, something along the lines that the United States lower income people, were they a country, be near the top in the world. Someone can look it up. Not going to waste my time on it when I can be on TUSCL.
  • crosscheck
    4 years ago
    Do they understand that if they actually were to do this, no business or residence in the entire City of Minneapolis would be able to get insurance on anything?

It's always good practice to make important decisions as quickly as possible and based completely on emotion rather than logic.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Here’s an idea that’s so crazy, it just might work ( source NPR)”

“In San Francisco, the board of supervisors is considering a resolution introduced last week that would urge the civil service commission there to prohibit hiring officers with a history of serious misconduct. “

And, who says blue cities are poorly managed ?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As others have posted, this is starting to look more and more like a movement/desire to take down the current American system (including capitalism), and replace it with a Marxist utopia/system - a lot of hard/left movements take their inspiration from Marxism and see Marxism as the "medicine" that is needed against evil-capitalism (although history has shown the Marxist medicine with time proves to be worse than the original disease) - the aggressive tactics and bullying, silencing of any dissenting opinions, and attack and dissolution of institutions, def looks like typical plays from the Marxist playbook - and this is where many of these young white people may come in - it is no secret how hard-left-leaning most universities are to the point where anyone that does not share their viewpoint is not allowed to express those views on campus and times they use violence to accomplish this - there def can be something here at play way past race-equality and more like regime-change and a dismantling of the American system to be replaced with some leftist utopia that often looks wonderful on paper but in reality it always proves to be much more oppressive than the original system it replaced - I don't have any prove, but I would not be surprised if the BLM movement is looking for more than just race-equality and is looking more to a dismantling of the American system.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    We no longer have universities. We have $50,000/year indoctrination centers, subsidized by taxpayer dollars. These young students are simply repeating the Marxist chants taught to them by their professors. They don’t know anything about Marxism other than it makes their professors happy.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @Papi - spot on.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    @mark - How quickly things change, right? Ok, it was 30 years ago, but I never remember any of my college professors bringing up politics. Not in class and not when talking outside of class. But my son, who graduated like 5 years ago was disgusted by the aggressively liberal professors who thought nothing of spending half the class time preaching about "progressivism" and these gullible students were eating that shit up.
  • LDJunkie
    4 years ago
    The bigger problem I see is that all this “progressive” and liberal bullshit has taken over younger generations that it’s scary and disheartening to imagine the future of this country. Unfortunately most of the people I know from my generation (I’m 35) eat up this leftist shit every day. How the fuck do we change this?
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    I took some classes from 10-20 years ago at a few different colleges. A community college. A large state university. A world renowned university. About two thirds of the professors avoided politics. About one third spoke of it daily in a way that assumed everything they said was universally accepted and obvious. I dropped most of those classes.

My impression is that has gotten much worse.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I'm a conservative and vote Republican - but Trump had been getting on my damn nerves even b/f the current protests - but seeing what has transpired with the radicals and now corporations tripping over themselves to donate millions to the BLM movement, God help us if the Dems take over the presidency and both houses - if the Dems take over government there won't be much of a counterweight and this radical-agenda may very-well pick up much more speed - at some point the pendulum will swing so far the other way that white people will have to step off the sidewalk when a black-person approaches b/c "the threat white-America represents to a black-person on an everyday basis".
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ if dissenting opinions are not allowed now, imagine an all Dem government saying yes to w/e loony radical-demand - white-people would have to be constantly on one knee
  • crosscheck
    4 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo - Remember what Lindsey Graham said during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings, "Boy y'all want power. God I hope you never get it."
  • oscarlomax
    4 years ago
    I'm not a conservative and I don't usually vote Republican. But some ideas I'm more liberal about and some ideas I'm more conservative about. I classify myself as a rational, thinking person aspiring to the highest level of humanity. I'm a work in progress. With that said, I don't think the if one party defeats the other that there will automatically be doom and gloom. I don't even think Trump is a real Republican. He's an ego-centric opportunist with the mindset of a severely education deprived child. Whatever politicians get into power must be held accountable by the people and adhere to the Constitution or seek to make amendments. If that structure is not followed than the hypocritical nature of things will lead to chaos. One of the things I hate the most is fear-mongering. There is a reason, that for years, more centrist thinking has kept us all somewhat in check. Nobody gets everything they want but everybody, though we may grumble and complain, is allowed to live another day. But now we're in a dire situation where "down the middle thinking" is all but gone. It's important to balance the scales so that opposing viewpoints can safely debate. We have to remove the fear.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ remember when Lindsey Graham was bffs with Joe Lieberman and John McCain and he said Trump should never be our president he is a liar and a does not have the temperament for the job.
  • crsm27
    4 years ago
    Before we go off on DEFUNDING POLICE..... the first step is that maybe they should look at the UNIONS for police. They are the ones protecting the bad police officers. They are the ones who pushed for laws in MN that made it very difficult to get a police officer fired for complaints against them. They are the ones who didn't do anything about the officer who had 17 complaints against him. They kept protecting the ass hat who killed Floyd.

It was a great thing that the Minneapolis Police Chief broke off contract talks with the Unions today. Maybe if the Union would make adjustments to help fire these assholes... it would make things better.
  • crosscheck
    4 years ago
    @twentyfive - I did not vote for Trump in the primary, though I did in the general election. And Lindsey Graham has been wrong about plenty over his career. But he was plenty right about this.
  • crsm27
    4 years ago
    Also look at which politicians get the most money from unions.... I will give you a hint..... it isn't republicans.

Just to show you how unions work... Remember OBAMA CARE.... the unions got an exemption from most of the rules in that bill.
  • Musterd21
    4 years ago
    Do away with police or take away their powers and you will pay some thug for protection. Hmmm sounds like the gangster days of yesteryear!
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Lindsey Graham should be President and Joe Biden should retire. Pick one of the racist women he's always crowing about and we get four more years of Trump.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Who in their right mind would be a cop now. All a criminal has to do when being arrested is take a flop and the cop will be fired and charged with assault. Cha Ching!
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    Police officers all across the country should take a 3 day "COVID 19 can't come in period" at the same time. How soon do you think the Defund Dummies would take 2 knees begging them to return to the job ?
    I can see those gated communities and high end apartment buildings now. Paid security running for the hills as the gates come down and the security doors are broken down. Then the redistribution of wealth will really be started.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Several people have been fired or forced to resign for opining that all lives matter or that the destruction of property is wrong (supposedly they are insensitive racists) - along with a UCLA professor that refused to allow black students from not having to take final exams although he was following the school's guidelines - unbelievable.
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    https://www.wmar2news.com/news/local-new…

Now police can't even protect themselves from assault without losing their job. I guess they think the officer should have punched her in the leg.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    ^^
    Or maybe he should have politely asked her to refrain from assaulting police officers until a social worker could be brought on scene to talk about her feelings.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    I think every cop in a city that treats them this way should resign and move to a city that appreciates them. There are still plenty of those cities out there.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Fuck. Baltimore. Fuck. Seattle. Fuck. Minneapolis. Fuck. NYC. Fuck. Chicago.

No will to enforce the will of law. Insisting that officers become punching bags. Allowing armed radicals with AR-15s to take over the streets. If those same radicals with the same guns were identified as far-right instead of center left, the media would be screaming for bombing runs and tanks to take the city back. I cannot believe I am seeing this in the USA.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Just as happened in past riots in LA, Ferguson, etc, businesses will close in the riot torn areas. No groceries. No cops. Home invasions. Gangs. Drugs. People fleeing to the suburbs. Boarded up houses. Vermin. You know, shit holes.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    Government employees covered with union protection is not good for the general public. ( and I say this as a union member that was covered by the Teamsters as a driver for over 30 years. )
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Cause—> Effect

Manhattan had its worst May in a decade for new rental leases, falling 62%, according to a new report from Miller Samuel and Douglas Elliman.
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    Keep you focus on Seattle.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Let's say they do get rid of police. Who will enforce laws? Doesn't seem that has been mentioned. I think that the legally armed population of the US may just do that on their own. That wouldn't turn out good for the bad guys.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion