tuscl

Beer is masculine, wine is feminine.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, May 24, 2020 6:27 AM
I'm not a drinker anymore but thinking back on my life I never much cared for wine. On rare occasions a glass with dinner. I have known very few women including strippers that liked to drink beer.

26 comments

• FishHawk
    4 years ago
    I don’t drink as much as I used to. I like quality rather then quantity. I like good beer and good wine. Don’t give me cheap of either. In Strip Clubs I drink high end single malt scotches if I can get them. They are expensive but I can enjoy one for quite a while taking small sips.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    Agree in the strip club most strippers don't want to drink beer, maybe they can't be constantly peeing. I have to confess I'm the same way, I love beer, but almost never drink it in the strip club. I don't drink wine in the strip club either -- nor do the strippers. If left to their own devices, the strippers order what they think of as high end liquor (e.g. ketel one) or mixed drinks. Outside of the strip club, young women's drinking habits are totally different than what we remember from socializing with young women, or with women our own age. Young women these days are not just more likely to be into beer, I've met so many that love whiskey. I don't think wine is feminine. A sophisticated taste in wine is staunchly masculine, and still soundly perceived that way by women, too. I tend to think of things like wine spritzers, and particularly sweet mixed drinks, certain types of sweet martini offshoots, etc., as feminine, perhaps. Otherwise, I love it when I take a stripper OTC and we do up a flight of bourbon instead of basic-bitch vodka drinks
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I try not to drink at all when in strip clubs. Numbs the senses and makes you do stupid things like spend too much money. But outside of clubs, I love a good wine. Especially a really good Pinot Noir. If you think that makes me feminine, then I don't give a Fuck. The girls I'm fucking don't seem to mind. Beer makes me feel bloated. OK, that sounds feminine.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    "Beer makes me feel bloated." And makes your cramps worse? 🤣
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    Wine in the strip club is pretty feminine. Wine in fine dining is masculine. Fireball is just delicious.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    "Wine in fine dining is masculine" Exactly. And being knowledgeable about wine is perceived as masculine by young women. The disconnect here is that most guys here don't do "fine dining" with their strippers. I wouldn't do that with some random OTC, but I tend to OTC with CFs and ATFs, and I do like to have a great dinner together. Wine at dinner, then go bar hopping and switch to shots or mixed drinks, is a common pattern for my OTCs.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Beer is proof that god loves us
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    But, God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.....😉
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    I usually get beer and strippers usually get that sugary mixed drink bullshit. I do like some red wine though.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Good topic. I think beer tastes like piss and I love red wines. I'm just about the only guy on Earth who buys a glass of wine at a strip club. I remember a stripper at Shotgun's remarking that it's "unusual" to see guys drinking wine at a strip club--which is probably a euphemism for "I take it you're gay." But I don't have any problems with my masculinity like the rest of you insecure losers. I've been drinking merlot since the famous line in the movie "Sideways" where Paul Giamatti screams " I am NOT drinking any fucking Merlot!" [view link] I think every one of my past SBs prefers white wines.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    I prefer beer at a club, but usually go with something like a gin and tonic. Find mixed drinks its easier to take your time and get less hastled about being asked if you need another. I also prefer craft beer and most strip clubs carry the same commercial brands that i dont like.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Nothing to do with peeing. I just really hate the taste of beer, especially with how little of a buzz it gives you - with very few exceptions towards a pale ale or two. Between the two, I'll take wine 200%. Sweet whites are my favorite (ie. Moscato and white zin, and a few sangrias). But I won't turn down hard liquor or less sweet cocktails either simply because it's more 'masculine'. I prefer how quick it'll make me feel good over how great it tastes. But if it's lacking it both departments (BEER), then there's no appeal to it.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Sorry drinks are not masculino or feminine, it just depends on your traste not your vender. I know plenty of women who drink beer and plenty of men who enjoy a good wine. My favorite drink: whatever everyone else is drinking.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    What is a Ron Jeremy fan?
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    ⬆️ A hirsute habitué, of course. 😉
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Even women who like beer usually can't put away more than 1, maybe 2. Between the heaviness and the carbonation it's a lot
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Where on the gender scale is cider? What about the flavored craft beers such as horchata beer or coffee beer or vanilla porter?
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    I remember working at one particular club once. The one time I tried to order an Angry Orchard, the waitress told me I wasn’t allowed to have that. I haven’t really tried ordering that often, so idk if that’s the norm.
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    I auto associate flannel and beards with extremely feminine men so my napkin math is showing the craftier the beer the more feminine it is.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    Love basic red wine (not so basic also). Dancers universally love Moscato -- very sweet, tastes a little like soda pop to me. Beer fills me up and makes me pee all night.
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    I drink beer at the club because it paces me and is way easier to shake off in the morning. Easy to measure the effect. Like I know how I will feel and how long it will take to shake off 2 bottles of Bud. Mixed drinks can come in stronger than you are used to and it's real easy to get into that DUI territory. Beer does make me pee like a motherfucker though.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As I've posted in past threads, I've never been much of a drinker thus I can't speak knowledgeably about beers/wines/liquors - I don't like beer since I'm not into bitter stuff - wine is ok and prefer it to beer - I'd feel self-conscious ordering wine at a strip-club or bar, but not so much at a dinner restaurant - for a while I was into mixed-drinks b/c as Eve posted it'd give me a good buzz usually w/o a bitter taste - the only time I've gotten a buzz from beer was by drinking multiple beers and drowning them down quickly one after another (and that was a German beer back in the days, I think it was Becks) -the only beer I've drank that I thought was alright taste-wise was Honey Brown that my brother used to buy a few years ago, it tasted less bitter, still didn't taste good enough for me to feel like drinking for the taste alone - at a SC I often order a Coors-Lite or Bud-Lite b/c it tastes fairly watery and not as bitter - I order a Lite Beer b/c I drink it slower than water and can nurse it longer - and when I order water at a SC, I often get comments from dancers like "why are you not drinking?" and many thinking I'm odd b/c I'm not into drinking (seems many dancers like their buzz as much or more than they like their $$$). Yeah - beer does seem more manly than wine - may have to do with that traditionally it seemed men drank beer and women drank wine - even in TV commercials it seems beer commercials are often more geared to men, and wine commercials to women or both (although it's not universal) - there may also be a socioeconomic component where it seems blue-collar types are more into beer and white-collar types more into wine (again not universal). It may have to do with that I grew up in a different time, but seeing a woman drink beer, especially from a bottle, I find kinda unnatural and unattractive/turn-off - no good-reason why I should see it that way, but seeing a woman drink beer, especially from a bottle, makes her look kinda slutty/low-class; again not that it should be viewed that way.
  • IwillLapAdancer
    4 years ago
    Beer seems to be the cheapest drink, but I do like a good Long Island drink. I've never seen a stripper drink a beer. If the clubs ever reopen, I may have to ask a few of the strippers why that is.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    I rarely drink, but when I do its straight liquor, normally shots of vodka or vodka mixed with black coffee. I can't drink beer, the yeast fills up my stomach. I used to as a teenager but haven't in decades. I've never gotten into wine. Don't like the taste and the few times I got drunk from it the hangover was awful. I don't get the appeal. While its not some attempt to be uber manly, I drink my coffee black and my liquor straight. I just prefer it that way. I 'm just not a fancy person.
  • captainfun
    4 years ago
    I like beer, mixed drinks, and wine in that order. Beer is my go to. I like it the best out of the bottle (vs. tap) since it's quality is the most predictable. I bartended for three years in college. I like Cabernet when at a nice work dinner however red wine tends to give me a disportionally bad hangover relative to the volume I consume. I have seen a few guys over time drinking wine in a strip club. Ok I guess but yes it does throw off a gay vibe.
  • CC99
    4 years ago
    I don't mind drinking either one but with beer, its more of a ritual I guess you could say. Like there's something much more fun about drinking beer while watching TV then drinking wine while watching TV. Maybe its simply having more liquid, the fact that beer is in a bottle or can instead of a glass. But I've come to find I like the taste of beer better.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion