tuscl

The real fun will begin in July and August

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
Right now governments and private companies have thrown out so much help that there shouldn't be a shit ton of desperate girls right now. That help has included:

- Stimulus checks and enhanced unemployment payments;
- Holds on evictions and repossessions;
- Payment deferments on consumer debt (including credit cards);
- Utility companies opting not to shut utilities off for non-payment;
- Expansions of SNAP benefits;
- Widespread access to food banks; and
- I'm sure other things I'n not thinking about at the moment.

When things are going to get interesting, however, is when all of this assistance comes to an end. Eventually the money tree is going to be picked. Eventually landlords and auto loan holders are going to require payments. Eventually utilities are going to re-initiate shut offs.

Now maybe some of this gets extended further, perhaps with another round of stimulus and maybe some executive orders requiring workouts for balances in arrears. But I don't see the never-ending stream of cash and forced deferrals lasting too much longer.

Once all of this shakes out and we have to start dealing with the economic fallout, I think that strip clubs are going to become an interesting place. I am using July and August as placeholders, but we'll see how that ultimately plays out. I am eager to see a replay of 2009, when OTC options expanded dramatically with some truly top notch talent.

34 comments

• nicespice
    4 years ago
    Thread number #4 from Rick about covid affecting OTC 🥳
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    The fun stopped?
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    @nice: Just 4? I must be slacking. 😉

@Long: The fun is already happening, but the shutdowns put me out of touch with a number of promising targets. I'm looking forward to further upgrading my OTC action once the clubs re-open.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Desert, I think you might be a little out of touch with what's happening in the real world. Sure us white collar types have comfortably ridden out the lockdowns by working on our computers from our homes, but blue collar workers, small business owners and others have been pummeled and clubs/dancers rely upon them too.

And those economic realities don't even factor in the fear that retirees and other older customers may experience at the thought of returning to clubs. We've seen plenty of that on this very board.

So while there may be a novelty bump the first few days that the clubs are open, I expect gravity to quickly exert its normal influence, as it did in 2009.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    I think you're right about the fact July is when things may go nuts in the economy. The 1200 checks delayed some pain. If things are largely open in July (with hospitality and leisure still struggling) there will be a lot less support out there.

I do think food bank support will continue through 2020. The food bank in general is pretty good at getting donations when they put out a call.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    The complicating factor of course is additional government intervention. If another stimulus passes it will delay pain further
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    The $600 per week federal additional stimulus for UI will end in July, and there is no appetite in the McConnell senate to help individuals, but I'm sure there will be plenty for the airlines and the meatpacking industries
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I think it's more accurate to say that there is no appetite in the McConnell senate to continue to pay people NOT to work, to bailout mismanaged states beyond the actual COVID costs or to make blue collar workers subsidize the student loans of their white collar employers.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Mark Cuban proposed the govt give a $5,000 bonus to workers who return to work before July 31 to make up for the $600 per week that would end. Insanity. Anytime the govt gets involved, things get worse. Does no one think things through before passing laws ?
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    House and Senate makes $175,000. Cut their pay in half. There is $50 million right there
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Kind of interesting that the fineness feels the impact of the downturns. But, the honeys, in the long run will come out okay while the rest live under a bridge.

Fuck having gold, silver or ammo. The best commodity to have during hard times is pussy.
  • Salty.Nutz
    4 years ago
    IMO the Fed did not provide any safety social nets in 2009 compared to COVID. The Fed is printing money nonstop (inflation). When SC open up its going to cost you serious $$ to get OTC with girls that are not hard core drug users. im not interested in the non drug users so i would expect an admission fee of 20 to 40 to enter the club. drinks in the 15 to 20 range and lappers 30+. those prices are just to party in the club. i expect take out to be more available but in the $1.5K to $3k range.
  • Salty.Nutz
    4 years ago
    **i like non hard core drug users...correction
  • Salty.Nutz
    4 years ago
    The USA is going to be unrecongnizable after the pandemic. Especially how men and women meet, date. 3rd world country rules apply, if you see women at clubs with no men and working at SC she a hoe hoe. Before pandemic they were just hoes
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    A wise sage that rick Dugan is. Now just waiting and fine tuning my predatory instincts to capitalize on the financial back sliding girls.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @scrub - I never understood the gold and silver either.

In the coming dystopian nightmare, the currency will be food, booze, ammo and pussy.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I think the desert sun has been unkind to desertscrub. It is addling his brain. Inflation? LOL. Right now it is everything the feds can do to prevent massive deflation. In order to have high inflation we need to have demand for goods and services which outstrips supply, which we are certainly not seeing now with 36 million extra people out of work. Gold is going up because it is a safe haven asset for folks who fear economic devaluation, especially as bond rates drop.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    Consumer price index fell in April.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reut…

Obviously the prices in any specific sector (e.g. mongering) can buck the broader trend. Also it’ll be interesting to see how things play out as the economy gradually reopens.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    From the few post-Covid reviews, it seems there hasn't necessarily been a lack of dancers - either they were not able to score all the UI benefits, or they wanna make additional $$$ on top (as long as they can remain off the books I assume) - I anticipated there being staffing issues when clubs started reopening because/if dancers had been getting benefits.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "When SC open up its going to cost you serious $$ to get OTC with girls that are not hard core drug users. im not interested in the non drug users so i would expect an admission fee of 20 to 40 to enter the club. drinks in the 15 to 20 range and lappers 30+. those prices are just to party in the club. i expect take out to be more available but in the $1.5K to $3k range."

Prices are usually area specific but those prices might apply to Vegas and other high rent tourist traps and possibly be fitting if there were strip clubs on Rodeo Dr in Beverly Hills but I don't see anything like that happening in the majority of the country.
    For every Vegas there's an Akron to counter it.
  • Salty.Nutz
    4 years ago
    In reality the parts of the economy thats closed IMO would be considered luxury goods/services. SC, bars, clubs, travel are considered a luxury services and the only business that are going to make it past COVID is to upcharge for those services. Upcharging for those serves as a bootle neck limiting the amount of people that can buy those services. prices of luxury services creates social distancing if no cure, vaccine or treatment is found for COVID. IMO expect to pay peak prices for lobbying, SC, bars, OTC, because if you think bars, SC ect...operating at 25% capicity at pre-covid prices wont cause these businesses to go bankrupt youre wrong.
  • Salty.Nutz
    4 years ago
    The fun will begin for those that can afford to pay
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    I’m so poor that If I don’t wake up in the morning with a hard on, I’ll have nothing to play with all day. That’s all that I can afford.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    July and August is a seasonally rough time for dancers, pandemic or no pandemic. And yes, perhaps even rough compared to previous years.

What will really be interesting to observe are the clubs themselves.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv…
    It seems working from home is well underway. I wonder what will happen with the future of business travel? In the short term, it seems like a huge liability and I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t start really get going again until one or two years from now? On the other hand, maybe the isolation will have employees want to start taking more opportunities to do conferences, training seminars, or networking opportunities?

In light of all that, I wonder what the future will be like with the upscale high customer turnover clubs. Whether they will claim more customer dollars than ever or fall relative to the “locals clubs” It will be an interesting next few years.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    I got called by a recruiter for a job that I'm arguably somewhere between barely and not qualified for that would have involved 75 percent travel. The fact they followed up with a straight up cold call shows they are struggling to fill the role. Sadly the recruiting firm didn't have salary range info.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Locally I'm curious how our tourist season will be. Probably shitty as we get a lot of international tourists usually. The lack of conferences is going to suck for the girls. My stripper former FWB was always popular with out of town conference guys
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    The drmocrats will drag this out as long as possible. Until november if possible. Wouldnt surprise me if this drags into next year.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    There will be a flood of bankruptcies and credit card defaults.
  • tete1526
    4 years ago
    I honestly don't know about the unemployment cash sticking around much longer. I just gutted out a business trip and heard from several small biz owners that they are on the verge of folding if they can't hire employees back, but unemployment bennies + covid are depressing the labor market. They can't find people to work. Trump/GOP has become the party of small biz and I can see McConnell and the Senate letting it lapse despite the political hit they may get for it.
  • mjx01
    4 years ago
    the real fun begins when the second wave hits
  • Salty.Nutz
    4 years ago
    Thank God trump is president

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/…
  • bang69
    4 years ago
    I think it will be a while. Before Sc's get back to full swing. I'm guessing extras will cost more then before. Stay safe all
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Salty this is one way to prevent USA becoming the Japanese demographic. Thank goodness we have someone with the moral courage to push our elders onto the iceberg.
  • Salty.Nutz
    4 years ago
    Before COVID japan ranks 2nd in life expectancy compared to 45th for the US. People die. its part of life.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion