tuscl

Can/will strip clubs reopen as Brestaurants?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I see that Onyx in Houston is trying just that. I'm not interested in that type of operation. I haven't been to a Hooter's type place in over 30 years and have no interest in going now. If I want food I go to a real restaurant.

Follies building was originally built as a restaurant and has a fully functional kitchen. Prior to the COVID shutdown the city of Chamblee even required them to bake little pieces of cake to meet the cities regulations. So they have the equipment and experience to operate as a Breastaurant but I have no interest in driving that far for food and masks.

18 comments

• Electronman
    4 years ago
    It would take a breastaurant "on steroids" to attract my business.
    Topless or nude servers, lapdances while waiting for the entry and a nice post-meal BJ for dessert.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Most Detroit strip clubs serve food. That's why I seldom visit breastaurants. I get more breasts with my food at the clubs.
  • bubba267
    4 years ago
    There are some examples along I75 going into South Georgia that are “restaurants” based on percentage of food sales that also have nude dancing. I can’t remember the name/s but used to have tons of billboards along the interstate.

That said, I also have zero interest in Hooters type establishments. Food usually sucks and the girls don’t, at least inside the restaurant....:))
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    I would only go if take out were an option for more than just the food. Or Electronman's option sounds good as well.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    All depends on the food. Twin Peaks does well because the food is actually good. Hooters sucks because there are only so many times you want chicken wings, nobody goes, then they can't hire quality girls.

Is this Onyx going to have a VIP room ?
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    If full full contact comes back, I go back. Don't care about extras. If it's nude stage dancing and no full contact I don't go back, having experienced and disliked to that set up since 1977.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    If they try it count me in as somebody that’s gonna wait it out. I’ll spend on SB’s in the meantime or hell just save for now. I’m not going through all the bullshit to get there just eat at a glorified hooters.
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    sc,

When I was working, Hooters used to be a lunch spot for a couple of the other guys an me if we were close to the area of one. We certainly didn't go out of the way. It was kind of fun as the waitresses began to know us. Food, so-so at best.
    Come to think of it that was about 20 years ago.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    I would pay the $52 at Follies to "be served" in a private room with the hostess of my choice.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    You wanna see a stripper immediately lose her cool in my town? Mention Twin Peaks.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I haven't been in a breastaurant in over 15 years - they haven't interested me in the past and I doubt they'll interest me in the future - air-dance clubs and one-way-touch clubs frustrate me, a breastaurant would frustrate me even more; looking and not touching is not something I enjoy.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    I could see why SC would be tempted to open as BR, but it could be a mistake. Doing so may re-baseline the contact allowed and make it even harder to reopen fully. Probably best to wait without making a fuss if possible
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Hooters food has been surprisingly bad both times I went. I figured it was a wings and beer place with cute servers. But the food is worse than Fridays
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    Let me second Warrior's comment. The food at Twin Peaks Orlando was quite good (and the view of girls in booty shorts wasn't bad).

@Wallanon-- why would a stripper lose her cool at the mention of Twin Peaks-- is this a reference to the biker shoot out at a Twin Peak in Texas?
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    In the short term - The owners may convert the buildings into restaurants or whatever .and change the name.

Once Covid off the field the SC will come back. They may be in new buildings / locations..

Houston is to strip clubbing like Vail to ski. As long as there is a demand for SC they will come back.

In 2013 I found Cover Girls (NW Houston) was 2 mi down road from my new work and a great place to wait out the traffic. A brand new club with beautiful upstairs vip rooms. They looked like glass wall meeting rooms but not allowed upstairs. The original had been struck by lightning and burned down. The club was one of 16 clubs that made a deal with the city to curb certain activity in vip areas hence the upstairs off limits. The other clubs forced to demo private vip areas. The private areas in Ritz in CR area gone. Upstairs Ritz more open area. At CG There was a huge vip downstairs but open area type no privacy and monitored by mgt - $30 pay as you go. Cover charge $5, beer and wine $3, super cafeteria buffet w great food. Lots of beautiful girls many who played otc. An exciting time for me super place relax, wait out traffic - lap dances $20. So this is an example of what a post Covid club would look like. At that time getting a stripper otc in city no prob $200-$300.

So this is an example of what post Covid club may look like.
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    Good idea
  • AbbieNormal
    4 years ago
    Not sure which one poses the greater challenge post-virus, opening a restaurant, or a strip-club. On the one hand a lot of stupid regulations have been suspended to try and give restaurants a chance to survive, but there's no guarantee there won't be a backlash against both casual human contact and eating in restaurants, so it's possible that they'd get the worst of both worlds.

The one Shadow talked about might be a special case since they had the right kind of facility and were operating as both at some level...
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    I don't really like the breasturants. Went to hooters once over 20 years ago. It was for a friend's 21st birthday party and we were bar hopping (walking). This friend was the kind of guy that would never go to a strip club so this was kind of our best option at the time (plus we all couldn't have bought the guy lap dances anyway as we were all pretty much broke).
    It was a quick visit. Our waitress was bitchy, food was bad. But my friends were cool to hang out with. I remember they wanted to charge a ton of money just to announce his name for having a birthday. Have never been back to a Hooter as I've always found better options.

My other experience when brought up, guys were all for it, but didn't want to go to Hooters either (even before I mentioned anything about Hooters).
    Fast forward maybe 18 years from previous experience (about 20 years ago). Went with a different group of friends to Tilted Kilt for a birthday celebration. Much better experience. Knew more or less what to expect. Some of our mutual friends were married and they wanted to hang out with the guys, but not at a strip club as their wives would be with them. Geez. Well anyway, our birthday friend was single and met us there. Waitress was unbelievably hot. We asked her for a picture with our friend (birthday guy) when he arrived. She said yes and she'd get her waitress friend for the picture too. She did. Our friend had a great birthday. Food was good too. Would return if same kind of circumstance (same group of friends). Wouldn't go by myself or just with one friend. Would rather go to a strip club. Funny thing is the birthday guy has gone to a strip club with me several times since. Other guys haven't (even though invited anytime)-and the other guys were my former roommates from back in the day that introduced me to strip clubs!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion