tuscl

OT: Jehovah's Witnesses

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Left a message on my answering machine. Have they stopped going door to door?

19 comments

• Hugh_G_Rection
    5 years ago
    Maybe the Rapture has already occurred and the 'elect' have been airlifted out of here to the Pearly Gates??
    (sarcasm)

• gammanu95
    5 years ago
    That's no fun. I can't fuck with them through voicemails.
  • Lone_Wolf
    5 years ago
    I don't think they go door to door anymore. I see them set up pamphlet stands in parks and corners now.

Man, being JW Knocking on doors must be as brutal as a past her prime dancer asking for dances.
  • Funkycold88
    5 years ago
    They still do door-to-door but there are some that are physically unable to and calling is a replacement for that for their service.
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    I still see them in my area going door to door. They stopped coming to my door after I met them at the door holding my AR-10.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I was able to get one city's local ordinances changed so that religious canvassers have to comply with the same rules as commercial canvassers. So they have to apply for the same license and they have to be displaying it, and they have to honor the no-solicitation list.

So when they are out of compliance, which they usually are, I always run them off of the property, get car license numbers, and let them know that if they come back that I will be arresting them and detaining them myself. Now last this is a bluff of course. But I want them to see that I have no regard for their fear, superstition, opiate, and idol worshiping religion.

Why are the soliciting door to door? They are making a political protest. It is a protest against the First Amendment. They think this country should be a theocracy, and that their religion should place them above the law. And lots of officials and police will go along with this. So I press them and push them, and this was how I was able to get the ordinance updated.

Jehavoah's Witnesses are the most numerous, but they are not the most obnoxious. The more obnoxious groups will say, "Is this a Christian home?" I always answer them, "THIS is a brothel".

SJG
  • Goodclubrep
    5 years ago
    Check out Paul Thorn's; "Joanie the J. W. Stripper."
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    My wife tells the story of JW coming to the house she shared with others in college. The 1st couple of times they politely told them they weren't interested - but the J Witnesses kept coming back. Finally one time, one of her roommates sticks her naked, sweating body out the window and shouts "can you come back later, I'm busy balling my boyfriend".
    Problem fixed for the semester.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Jehovah's Witnesses promote and extreme ideology, it has nothing to do with faith, it is all fatalism, needing to make professions.

SJG
  • magicrat
    5 years ago
    Gotta love Paul Thorn. I hadn't heard that one...thanks Goodclubrep
  • Tetradon
    5 years ago
    JW: "Hello sir, we're w--"
    Tetradon: "Stop. Who are you with?"
    JW: "We're with the w--"
    Tetradon: "Not interested." (Points off property)

They haven't come back.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ Seems to depend on where you live. The door to door evangelicals push harder at apartment buildings and even harder at the lower end of the rental market. They seem to find the people to be more pliable. But if they come to my door, deliberate canvasing and often in defiance of local laws, they will regret it.

SJG
  • Tetradon
    5 years ago
    ^ if you're spending longer than 15 seconds, you're doing it wrong.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    I always used the same line when I would answer the door. "Cool, I love talking comparative religion. Come out back and you can help me hold down the goat I'm sacrificing to Asmodeus while we talk." Surprisingly, they don't seem to come around anymore.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ Very Good!

These door to door evangelicals need to be broken, they need to be made to understand that they are disturbing people in their homes. They mostly prey on the lowest income neighborhoods.

I used to put up signs and call police. But then I found that I can give much more effective warnings than police ever could.

SJG
  • Tiburon
    5 years ago
    How do they even get your number? I dont think they make phone books anymore
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Locally its always been at the front door. But the J.W.'s are not the most obnoxious.

SJG
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    Many years ago I had three JW women coming up my walk as I had just got out of the shower. I threw on a t shirt and shorts as they rang the bell. I answered the door to talk to them. One gave me the pitch. One was just turning red. The third was sort of averting her eyes downward. The red faced one said they would come back when I was less busy and they left. As I closed the door I realized my shorts were hiked up a bit.

They came back with a guy the next Sunday. I didn't open the door.
  • rickthelion
    5 years ago
    I like the cut of your gib Goldmonger. Flashing the JW’s is fun shit!

Next opportunity you have to interact with sexy female JWs remember that the ricktastic thing to do is to invite them in. When they enter a true true rick will just whip it out and start jacking.

I did that once and the JW babe got so turned on she took my BSLC up her ass. Good times!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion