tuscl

Education at 40 ?

JuiceBox69
Fucking on Young N Dumb Chicken Heads
I know some of you guys are well educated so im asking for some help

Im looking into more education for manufacturing..

Is an advanced degree worth the years snd investment or should i just focus on a trade at my local community college ?

21 comments

• JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Already got s few friends that did the trade and are now making $25 to $30 an hour plus OT

Would a Bachelor degree and Master actually provide more income or is it some deminsinshion returns shit ?
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Its in engineering shits
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    I already have an associate in pastoral ministry from a local southern Baptist bible college and am currently looking for a position. Currently volunteer my services at my mega church in town

I have been thinking about pursing a Bachelor degree in this and maybe more but first i need a solid trade as the future of Christian faith in the West is dying and being a bi vocational pastor is more than likely will be my career
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Just trying to make wise choices as i understand an education is helpful but can also be a money pit if done incorrectly
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    Juice the wisest move would be to see which one of your 8 employers would pay for you to further your career skills within their organization. I know you have a half dozen jobs, so ask your full time employer if they have any career advancement for skills training to offer you. Must companies will pay tuition for you to further your skills and career, as long as it fits into their corporate guidelines. If they do pay for tuition, work I my one full time job with the employer that pays for the tuition, and then when you have your degree, start looking at jobs seeking your advanced skills from your advanced degree.

Whatever you do, do not pay for your education unless you get assistance. Most companies will pay at least 50% tuition for their employees to attend classes for career advancement/college tuition, many pay 100%.
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Solid advice guys thank you
  • gobstopper007
    5 years ago
    Totally agree as to getting employer to pay for it. If they want you to have that degree to benefit them they should foot the bill.
    Engineering is a strong degree in this economy as so many companies are building/expanding. I got my MBA a few years back while working full time-it was a grind but has definitely paid off.
    Of course I enjoy some heavy grinding. 😎
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Then this is how i will accomplish it
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Thanks guys
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Main employer covers 100% as long as i keep a B average
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    If you want an engineering degree, then take your 101-level courses at a lower-cost community college. Then, transfer those credits to a better school to take your advanced courses and get the degree.

That said, I don't know of any engineering degree that doesn't require that you be very good at math. So, be prepared for a lot of math.

If you're talking about becoming a certified pipe fitter or welder, etc., then go to a good vocational school.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Get a LDK degree
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    Juice - Are you familiar with a question-and-answer site called Quora.com? Join and search for "education at age 40" and you'll get lots of thoughtful discussion from people who have gone back to school later in life.

For STEM or business areas, edX or Coursera have great online classes from the best schools in the country. You can audit for free to explore what interests your and study at your own pace.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    *you
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^ Thank god you corrected your grammar above Randumb, for
    It could have had such a different meaning from your intent and Juice would have not followed your advice to search that website. Such a thoughtful Randumbmember
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Depends on what that degree is in. If it is in Pharmacy, Nursing or other medical field, then worth the time and money. Otherwise, get a good vocational training. This is my honest opinion.
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Hell yeah thanks guys
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Will definitely look into it
  • bdirect
    5 years ago
    become a plumber..........you will be rich
  • SanchoRG
    5 years ago
    Just learn python. Sure thing
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Depends on what you want to learn, and why.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion