tuscl

Taboo Subjects for Strippers?

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
Monday, June 4, 2007 6:08 AM
Are there any subjects you know better than to (almost) ever bring up with a stripper? Is it different with your faves?

36 comments

• AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    I also wish the record to reflect my lack of involvement in the hijacking of this thread.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I want everyone to note that this topic turned into a political debate and I didn't do it! But that won't keep me from commenting: I think most young people start out being fairly liberal (I did) and become more conservative as they age and gain more real world experience. Which is why most strippers are fairly liberal.
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    Any of the negative stereotypes about strippers..that they are drug addicts, come from broken homes, had bad relationships with their fathers, etc. If there is any discussion about their background or life outside the club, it has to be from the perspective that those things are as prosaic as that of any woman you would meet who works as a paralegal, hospital nurse, preschool teacher, etc. I once brought up to an old favorite the comedy routine that starts off, " They don't give grades for being a father, but if my baby ends up on the pole, I'll know I've f***ked up!" (African-American comedian whose name I don't recall right now) Although she wasn't mad at me, she made it clear that she did not see the humor in that line of jokes.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I avoid talking about how much money I make. I don't want them to feel inferior for not making that much and I also don't want them to know how much I can really afford to spend on them. There are a couple of my favorites that know because I trust them not to ROB me. Last month I accidently shorted a dancer. I paid her for 4 dances when it was actually 6. As soon as she brought it up, I knew that I had fucked up and immediately gave her what I owed her. She kept trying to confince me that she was not ripping me off. I kept telling her that I knew that she was correct and did my best to convince her that I believed her. Finally I told her (true) that I had just gotten an after tax bonus check for 17.5K and I didn't need to short her. Her response "Get outta here."
  • imnumnutz
    17 years ago
    IMO, it really depends on the lady. My current ATF has been quite frank with me about her life and background, and what she expects out of life. Usually she begins the discussion. On the other hand, as related in another thread, I was loudly rebuked by an otherwise very open and affable young dancer when I told her I hoped she would email me her picture...
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    As long as someone is respectful I can't think of anything that I would feel is taboo for someone to talk about in general.. I have never really thought about it either though..
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    It does vary from girl to girl (obviously) but I tend to agree with Chitown - jokes about strippers often don't go over well. Nor do comments about fat girls, especially if one of them is her friend. I usually let the dancer take the lead in choosing conversation topics and follow her lead. I've said this before, but there are topics that I never birng up with my ATF because she'll get mad if I do, but if she brings up the same topic then we can talk aboout it. I think a lot of girls are like that.
  • DB Cooper
    17 years ago
    Serial killers. Wait until they bring it up.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    17.5K Bonus? I'm envious. The biggest bonus I've ever received was something like a $20 gift card for Walmart. Taboo subjects. Almost anything the stripper you are talking to says she hates. I remember one time I wanted to talk about computer related things either it was something on the internet, a pc game or something else. I barely got a word out and she said "I hate computers." End of discussion there. I found someone else to talk to.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Actually, most strippers I've known love jokes about strippers and find all the common stereotypes pretty funny. Just like it is with most any profession (e.g., lawyers). They don't see themselves as typical, so I guess they see it as a laugh at the expense of other strippers.
  • Pete22z
    17 years ago
    Hmmm. Don't talk badly about other strippers unless she brings it up. I personally try not to get into their home life unless she brings it up too. Religion is probably a no-no. I think I'm comfortable enough with my favs that we can talk about almost anything because there's a mutual trust there...neither party is looking to hurt the other.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    I try to be honest, but I rarely broach a subject. Just let them lead, but stay honest.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    Actually, I had a halfway decent conversation about religion with a dancer once. Of course, she brought it up. With favorites, I'm not sure I have any taboo subjects. The rest, I let her lead because I think I can talk about anything. (They call me Useless Trivia Guy at work, amongst other things.)
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    Ok, I am corrected that religion may not be the greatest subject.. I have gotten into a few heated discussions and have chose to end it, and find something new, or have moved on to talk to someone else..
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    I don't really initiate much conversation with a dancer when we first meet. I let her take the lead and see what she is interested in. What I'm more concerned about sometimes is what she DOES want to talk about. If a dancer I've never met before sits down and immediately starts bitching about her day, her BF, her kids , her life etc I lose interest pretty fast...
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Religion isn't the greatest subject to bring up with anybody in most situations, not just strippers. The same goes for politics, computers or how much money you make. Even with someone you know a little, you want to have a good feel for a their sensitivity or interest level before running with it. Then there are whole areas I try to avoid with strippers not as taboo, but simply because they are buzzkillers, or at least not much of a turn on. However, I've read where some posters say they avoid talking about sex with strippers, which I find baffling. If that's off limits, I want to find out so that she can make the seat free for another girl.
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    chandler, so agree, how could a stripper not be comfortable about that one.. LOL I love great sex conversations, some of the funnest times I have had at work started off as some type of sexual conversation..
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I think with almost any subject whether it's acceptable or not depends to a large extent on how you approach it. I think you can talk about nearly anything if you keep it light and don't get too serious. When I'm with a girl I don't know very well I try to find out what interests her and talk about that.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I don't talk about religion with strippers. When I see a nice pair of tits and think "oh my god those are nice", I'm not going to dive into a religious conversation. Likewise one topic with a dancer I just met I prefer not to discuss would be her kids, her family life etc. especially right when I'm about to get a dance from her. I remember one new dancer did this to me one time. I agreed to get a lap dance from her. Apparently the new dancer thought this met I liked her and she started acting like I was one of her old friends or something. Right before she danced, she told me she just got divorced and had 3 kids ages 3, 5, 7 or something like that. Then she went on about her personal life. I wasn't exactly getting turned on by her telling me all this right before she danced for me. If she wanted to tell me, I would have preferred she did so after she danced for me so that I could enjoy her looks rather than thinking about her kids etc.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Every dancer could be different in what she is ok talking about. Just like in their lap dances where one dancer doesn't want any touching licking or contact in a lap dance while another dancer will grab your hand and put it between her breasts when you try to tip her a dollar at the stage.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Suddenly I wonder what one dancer would be comfortable talking about after she grabbed my belt with her teeth, undid the buckle and pulled it off while it was still in her teeth. She was on stage and I tipped her a dollar. I decided that was pretty good so I was going to tip her another dollar. She did the same routine. I was left wondering if she did that to a lot of people or only me. I guess I have one reason to go back to shadowcat's favorite club. A subject I don't like to get too involved in is when a dancer says "you remember me?"
  • Pete22z
    17 years ago
    Religion came up once as a related subject to another topic. I'd never start off a conversation that way. The fav that I was talking to is a rather intelligent gal, and our converstions tend to get a little deep. Her "hotness" tends to keep things on an even keel though. It doesn't take much to go from intellectual to horn dog around her.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    One subject that does seem to be off limits is their own drug use. Every stripper I've ever been with where the subject of drug use came up denyed ever using drugs. All the other girls do but they don't. Right.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    The subject of drugs must depend on how you approach it, too. A lot of strippers tell me about their own use. Maybe they think I might have some drugs to share.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Chandler, it funny - the girls I've been with all seem to talk about how much the other girls abuse drugs. But of course they themselves would never do so. It isn't a subject I'd ever bring up but it seems like I've had a lot of conversations about it in strip clubs.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Good dancers are adept at skirting the issues that seem like hot-button problems (pro or con) FOR THE CUSTOMER. Therefore, with me, good strippers never end up speaking about subjects I don't like them to speak about -- and I probably don't even know what those subjects are! Those subjects, however, would be different for different customers. Bad dancers can figure it all out and get it exactly wrong. One thing I note, that girls do around me and end up RUINING their chances of getting much money from me, is talking about their boyfriends. Especially, talking about how sexy he is, how great he is, how tall handsome burly he is ...
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Usually, I don't feel there is much of a choice. I still remember 2 candidates; one pro-stadium the other anti-stadium. My anti-stadium candidate (I was even so stupid as to make a small campaign contribution) won the election. I felt good about voting and contributing to his campaign. A victory for democracy? No. Within weeks he cut a pro-stadium deal that was much worse than the deal his opponent had laid out. In another election there were 3 citizen petitions to limit the power of the Florid Supreme Court. A friend nagged and nagged me to vote. I said what is the point? The court will just strike them down even if the voters approve them. He says NO you don't understand the court won't dare slap the voters in the face. I say the court will do whatever it wants and it will strike down all 3 referendums quick if the voters should approve them. I voted and all 3 referendums were approved by the voters. The Florida Supreme Court quickly struck down all 3. My friend is still optimistic about changing the system. I still don't believe in voting and haven't had a reason to vote in years.
  • FinalLap
    17 years ago
    When I meet a girl I might be interested in making a Favorite, I try to be genuinely interested in her beyond the dance she just gave me. I tell her a little bit about me...and then I listen. Sometimes I hear some really interesting things...and sometimes I hear a laundry list of the "blame game." If that happens, I'm pretty certain I don't want to spend a lot of time with her & I move on. One of my current faves loves to tell me about the classes she's taking (in the field I work in) and asks for advice on papers, projects, etc. By that time, we've cooled off...and we head back to VIP for another round!
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    I always have the perfect lead for talking about drugs, since I always claim to be a drug dealer. Of course, I work for a pharmaceutical company. They always share their drug stories with me. One of my former favorites wanted to share her pot with me once, which I found amazing. Of course, she ended up busted at some point.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Here's the ultimate taboo subject - just ask, "Have you gained weight since the last time I saw you?"
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Hahahahahahaha BRILLIANT "When are you due ... oh, you're NOT expecting a child?" (Pointed stare at midsection.)
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    "Has your butt always been that big?"
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I vote so that I can complain about the guy I didn't vote for, after he wins and turns out to be as big an idiot as I always thought he was.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Positive comments about Republicans.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Odd how nearly all strippers are Democrats. At least, most of the ones I've met. It must be a combination of the typical youthful "rage against the status quo (whatever it happens to be)" plus the lower-class links which the Democrats (supposedly) have. Or maybe it's just that strippers are uneducated? Heh ... I'm actually a weird duck, very left wing socially and very right wing economically (by American typical usage of "left" and "right") so I always find something to disagree with people about. :) Maybe strippers are just doing their best to find something to AGREE with people about?
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    I used to be a Republican, but haven't wanted any part of that label for many years. And, for the same number of years I haven't voted and can't see myself ever voting.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion