tuscl

Snow Days

Pyroxl
Yonder
If you’re in an area that snows in the winter, how affected are the clubs, for both dancer and PL attendance?

22 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Depends on the severity of the snowstorm.

Usually, though, both dancer and customer attendance trends downward.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Not much snow here. Not like chicago. Haven’t seen much affect from the little snow they get here.
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    Last Tuesday (which is typically one of my personal busiest days) it snowed and was calling for icy conditions overnight. Only 4 girls showed up (out of 8 to 12) and 3 customers through the door the whole shift. We ended up closing early at 6 and there was no night shift.
    It becomes more about the roads and the distance many of the girls/guys have to drive. Also, school cancellations play a part because they disrupt everyone's routine.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    I remember one storm where school’s were closed for 3 consecutive days. On the 3rd day my ATF got to work and I went in the late afternoon to see her. She was in the Champagne Room when I arrived ( the waitress informed me). When she finally came down she was thrilled and told me that the plow truck drivers had been coming in all afternoon, all feeling flush after all the overtime, plowing non-stop for 24 hours. In one afternoon shift she made over a grand, mainly providing extras. It’s an I’ll wind that BLOWS no good.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    We're used to snow in Detroit. Normal snowfall doesn't have much effect, but a big storm will keep dancers and customers away.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I find snow days at New England clubs are a perfect day to avoid them and work long hours. Luckily the best clubs are in Rhode Island which gets very little snow.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    We deal with it the best we can down here in Miami
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Yes, but Miami is occasionally run over by hurricanes.

I'll take snow. It just falls gently and lays there.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    So gawker you’re saying after all the plow truck drivers had spent all that time ploughing the roads they came in to plough the strippers?
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    Other than when roads are extremely icy, we get so much snow and cold here that I don’t think it has much impact on club activity levels. A bigger issue is that plenty of folks head south for part of the winter if they are able.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... Yes, but Miami is occasionally run over by hurricanes ..."

Hurricanes build character
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    maybe that’s why i have little character. i only have to deal with rain snow and ice.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    There was a time when more clubs would hang in there, but IME not so much anymore. Most in the areas that I frequent just close now when heavy snow is expected. They really have no choice since states and/or municipalities are now quicker than ever to declare a state of emergency and order people to stay off the roads.

But even back when there were more clubs that would open up on snow days, IME they were always slow, with very few dancers or customers.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Hurricanes build something, but after watching the behavoir of people in gas lines down there the last time, I think character is not the right word to use.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ it's mostly like that even w/o the hurricane - LOL
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    ^Lmao I used to live there and had forgotten.
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    My experiences have always been snow/and or ice or clear but super fucking cold = people don't wanna come out and freely spend money. It is often fucking cheap weirdos coming out when it is like that. Idk my experience is limited w/ working at clubs when weather sucks, but I feel like these clubs in snowy/icy places are better in the warm weather. ymmv
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ that feels more like a blahblah comment
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    When it snows it Atlanta everything shuts down!
  • joker44
    5 years ago
    @.M.I. "I'll take snow. It just falls gently and lays there"
    You've never experience a plain's state blizzard? 😜 Horizontally blowing snow over slick, icy roads. Even after it stops snowing the wind blows the fallen snow into the air to swirl around you and suddenly cut down your vision. It just doesn't 'lay there.'

In Kansas City a little snow isn't a showstopper; it's the dreaded 'wintry mix'. Sleet, freezing rain, ice-particle rain. That snarls travel, especially outside the downtown area.
    SCs downtown stay open since traffic is slowed outside the downtown loop. Not much customer traffic except for guys already downtown for work. Leave work early, go to the sc, then head home after rush hour.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Joker, Chicago is much like that with lake effect shit.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ Never snows here.

Well, it snows a little bit like once every 10 years. And that melts as soon as it hits the ground.

But sometimes we have hail.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion