tuscl

Privacy, Discussions and Profiles

founder
respect for others goes a long way
Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:39 AM
I've been mulling over hiding profiles and discussion topics (VIP, Verified, Dancers) from non-members and googlebot search spider. I had all the code ready to go, but did not implement it with this new version of the site. Tell me your thoughts. Thanks F

39 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I prefer privacy I think it’s better
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    I like the idea of a layer of privacy and privilege. I say merge the VIP and Verified Rooms into one and implement what you are saying on it.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    I agree, make it private.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Private is the only way to go.
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Well I think you already know my thoughts based on my comments in the "New Site" discussion. I do not like a non-VIP internet user seeing even one of my full reviews -and- the full list of all the clubs I have reviewed. Many people I know.... know where I travel and it would be easy for them to link my alias to me and hence my reviews which contain information I would NOT want to share with them. As stated, if it stays like this I will be forced to exit stage left and take my avatars with me. It would be a sad day in my life......😢
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    While they don't have a lot of traffic, the VIP and Verified areas sometimes have some really good topics. To me, anything that counterbalances the tendency of the Front Room to drive newbies away from the site (or at least, driving them away from contributing to the forums) is a good thing. For that reason, I think it's a good idea to leave the topics visible, even if everything else (author, etc) is cut out. The topics are not giving any sensitive info away are they?
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    I guess the only other option I could have is to start over with a new alias and have all my old reviews deleted..... my new reviews would become MUCH more vanilla (boring) to a level I would be comfortable with.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I think adding another incentive to get VIP is a good thing. Then when people bitch that they are not VIP...well you just should’ve contributed then in some way. For me personally I would be a little more forthcoming with photos I think. I would make the VIP ONLY Sign on whatever we’re protecting so atleast new jacks know that they are missing out on something.
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    I concur with the rest who're voting for privacy... I don't participate in any other social media and while I embraced this one completely, I still like the idea of there being a little more exclusivity. Always leave 'em wanting more! 🔆
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    And founder we would probably get more nude pics. Is there really a counter argument? And I don’t just mean the dancers I mean from me aswell.
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    ^ I think we just found our counter argument! 🤪
  • founder
    5 years ago
    I added the code to make profiles available to members only I will touch up the discussion boards later today
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Nice boobs Endless....I still don't know if everyone understands how it's set up right now; I put this comment in the "New Site" discussion: LACK OF PRIVACY.....Sorry, but one thing I don't like is that anyone can click on my nickname and see my photos and view my club "review history" even if they can't see the whole review. People that know me, that I would RATHER NOT KNOW I am active on this site, could easily attach me to my alias / nickname. Based on this lack of anonymity I may be deleting my account and just pay for VIP access with a new nickname. and ALSO..... if I click on my alias and "reviews" and click on one of my reviews WITHOUT logging in.... the first time it shows me the whole review..... if I back up and click on another one it says I need to be a VIP. Sigh...
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    OH, sorry, just saw your comment founder. Rewind:Erase my last comment.... oh, can we increase the file size limit for avatars to say.... 3 or 5Mb.....😜😜
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Considering avatars, I dont get it. Dont put your personal Fb, IG, etc on here if you want privacy. I'd you're worried about your IP or being hacked I got news for ya, your TV that's hooked up to the internet is far less private than anything here.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I agree with Subraman about keeping the topics in VIP and Verified visible, but keeping the content private. Users won't have added incentive to do either if they don't see what they might be missing, especially as the dancers get more active over time.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I don't want Longball to take his Avatars away. So please make it private.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    5MB avatars? That's a lot of bandwidth
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Logged out, checked, privacy issued solved..... 1Mb avatars?
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Actually i just checked, you can upload up to 8MB, but it will get shrunk to 1MB Knock(ers) yourself out.
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Better, yeah I can load over 1Mb but, they won't "move". It is different tho since now I can load up to 1Mb and it will still move. Example: these ta's sized in at 984KB which is more than I could load before. Gives me a lot more flexibility and clarity to you know... keep Warrior happy.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Yeah.. if they're over 1mb they get scaled down and converted to png
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    @longball Thanks! They were expensive...(I mean, not for me... but, someone sure paid a lot for em to look nice!) 😉 🔆
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Are there additional features coming to distinguish the Verified and VIP boards? Probably just a me-problem as I’ve been too lazy to get verified, but I’m not seeing the reason for both. I applaud the decreased troll activity in those boards. Maybe combine them so you either have to be VIP or Verified to see the combined board? Would make reading the threads less fragmented. Also, I like having the specific club discussions on the main page as it gives me a chance to get a viewpoint on clubs I wouldn’t have otherwise noticed. The only downside is the unmoderated forum suddenly shedding light on those dumbasses posting dancer names, menus and rating blowjobs.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Question are photos now private? Or are they going to show up on the homepage? Atleast maybe an option to make them private.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Are there additional features coming to distinguish the Verified and VIP boards? Probably just a me-problem as I’ve been too lazy to get verified, but I’m not seeing the reason for both." The verified board provides a place where verified dancers and customers can mingle with a fair degree of confidence that the others are real and not simply multi-account trolls or even LE. It may not be very active now, but it hasn't been that long either and founder just made additional changes to the site to further encourage dancers to market themselves here. It will need time to grow organically. As it does grow, I suspect he will eventually need tighten up the verification standards, so you might want to get in while it's easy to do so.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Not a pressing concern, but would it be possible to allow muting of comments if we put a photo up?
  • founder
    5 years ago
    @blahspice, I think muting of comments should be available anywhere there are comments. Let me know if that's not the case
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Ooh it’s showing up for me now. Thanks 😁
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Who gives it to you fast? I do, that's who.
  • joker44
    5 years ago
    Just signed on and saw this topic. Thanks founder for added privacy since I would have voted 'yes' to OP.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    I think you want non-members to be able to access certain parts of the board to encourage them to sign up and participate. You want new people or the site will stagnate.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Founder, thanks for allowing us to see a other members threads they created on their profile. One thing I would like to see again is each members comme ts on their profile..I do miss that
  • Phandy
    5 years ago
    Yes please
  • Cheo_D
    5 years ago
    Good work there, founder.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    founder, Likely I am just blind or lazy, but where does one go to message a TUSCler or see if they have responded to a message? I assume "Conversations(0)" will uptick if a new message comes in.
  • stanlee
    5 years ago
    This new site makes me wanna poop
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    stan, TUSCL has change so much in my nearly 20 years here, I can't even remember how it was in the beginning. Each change just takes time getting used to it. This one was quite drastic. Will take more time, but will work my way around it. I really like the separation of "powers".
  • opketct
    5 years ago
    Where is the search function? Haven't been here in while, and noticed it was gone. Also, for club reviews, is it possible to list them like the discussion section, instead of having to click each review to read. It is much easier to scroll through back to back reviews for a club than ahving to click each and every review for the club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion