tuscl

Ignore and private messages

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
I'm thinking that ignored members should be able to send PMs to those that ignore them.

Here's my reasoning:

In real life, a person can send you mail or call you even if you don't want to hear from them.

Also, maybe the ignored member is trying to make amends.

Thoughts? (Said with trepidation)

25 comments

• founder
    5 years ago
    Txtitty, I can't read jibberish.

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I always felt Ignore should be all-encompassing including review (to where one does not even see the reviews of that person nor their review comments) - off the top of my PL-head I'd say if not having an all-encompassing Ignore then give the Ignorer that ability to determine what level of Ignore he wants to implement.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    In real life you can block phone calls and if some one sends a threatening letter there is accountability and consequences. Here several dancers have received threatening PMs and to the best of my knowledge nothing has been done about it.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    I don’t think I have a huge problem with this. I can delete a pm from some shit for brains if I want. I can’t delete a post on the board.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I’m ok with that.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Respectfully, no.

Especially for women/dancers, no.

If anything, a heads up from tucsl server saying communication from ijnored attempted, wish to accept? And that person gets to say no.

But no works better.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Maybe ignored member is continuing the shit that got them ignored.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    So instead of public harrassment we'll have private harrassment? Ok, makes no sense to allow people to harrass the dancers privately. If I am ignoringsomeone their private messages get deleted unread and that works well. They can't do their pathertic venting and I don't read it. Win/win.
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    I have to say, I feel that if I'm ignoring someone (which I don't do lightly) I don't want to receive any messages from them... A phone number or email address can be blocked in the real world, and if I do that, I don't want to hear from whoever that is.
    If I were ever open to amends at some point, I would take that person off of ignore, or possibly reach out myself. 🌞
  • K
    5 years ago
    If you permit this, it should be limited. Maybe once every six months.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    If this remained the sausage fest that it has historically been, then I'd say no problem. If a grown man doesn't want to read a PM from someone, he can simply delete it.

But since your goal is to continue to expand participation by dancers, IMHO they should have the option of fully blocking someone. The last thing you likely want is some dude using this site as a means of stalking or harassing a dancer. I could even see a situation where you get a subpoena for those PMs when some dipshit uses this site to violate a restraining order that includes an electronic communication prohibition.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Ignore should prevent private messaging. Internet forums aren't meatspace.

Also, in real life, you can block calls. Who sends letters anymore?

Points made about dancers needing an added layer of protection against stalkers are valid, in my opinion.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    If it could be weighted, that would work well. Say we give the "bad guy" another shot or two, and if ignored again, then permanent or at least a loooong ban.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    CMI +1- If someone has been bugging founder to tinker with certain things, I hope the responses demonstrate the folly of such tinkering.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    I say no. I have no desire to hear from someone that I've already ignored.

The chances they are trying to make amends is small at best.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    I'm in the "no" group on this. If you ignore someone, it should be total. No discussions, no reviews, no articles, no comments, not even than someone you ignored made a comment. It would really stymie the trolls and aggressive behavior. People do get ignored by others for threatening and aggressive comments. The ignored person wants to make amends, then they can another user to reach out the ignorer on their behalf. I simply do not see how this system would benefit anyone but the trolls.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ what a hypocritical fuckwit.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    Can you do it like you do comments?

Meaning, let them send the PM, but all it shows in your messages is "Message from ignored user (show)" where you have to click to read it?

Maybe let the ignorer then chose to "super ignore" or whatever so it doesn't even show that anymore, if they read that PM and its not what they want to see?
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    In real life, if someone gets a restraining order against you trying to contact them, you better obey the order, or you will be sorry. There are no exceptions.

In my view, blocking PM's is the strongest reason we need Ignore. And so then no, PM's should not be allowed when it is from someone who has been IGNORED.

Unless it is to block PM's, I think the reason for IGNORE is flimsy.

Also, most of those most intent on using trolling to run someone off of the board because they do not like their posts, they have not even used ignore, like SirLapDance and PaulDrake, and before them Mikeya02 and Shailynn.

So IGNORE is very important, and so it should block PM's.

SJG
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    ~In real life, a person can send you mail or call you even if you don't want to hear from them.~

This is grounds for a restraining order.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    I have never used ignore and have no intentions of ever using it so any changes won't affect me either way except for having to skip past posts about people complaining about ignore. :D
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    If instituted - there should be two ignore options. There should be an ignore that only ignores the posts (still allows messaging) - and a second ignore that ignores all posts (including messages).
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    I have to agree with those who point out the likely effect on dancers from trolls and SJG wankers.

I personally don't give a shit if someone I have on ignore wants to PM me. I *would* ask that there be some sign that it's from an ignored person. But frankly, I like that dancers post here, and anything that makes it more likely for them to go "ewww!" should be discouraged.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    I like what Cashman said
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Two levels of ignore is not necessary., It is fine the way it is.

Being able to block PM's is the most important part of ignore.

But as it is now, covering the posts and threads, unless you specificially click on them to monitor them, it really is ideal.

Thanks Founder!

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion