tuscl

Founder, a question regarding contributions

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
In a previous incarnation of the forum we had separate individual sections that listed our started topics and another for our general comments. Now they're all combined into "contributions". This makes it hard to search out previous topics that we or others started because we have to sift though all of the other comments. Personally I much preferred the previous version where started topics and comments were separated.

Is it possible for you to go back to the previous incarnation and have 2 separate sections for our topics and comments?

Thanks

31 comments

• Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I agree OSU. I liked the previous version as well. There have been times that I would like to go back and reference something that was on a Thread that I started. But looking thru it now, it would take forever to find it. I also liked being able to see how much contribution that a member had given. It gave a little credibility to that member for their comments.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I agree with this, its a lot harder find shit now
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    Thanks guys. I only see one drawback to going back to the earlier incarnation. The San Jose creep might find it easier to dig up his off topic zero interest except to him threads and bump them up but I sort of expect he already has them bookmarked so he can get at them easily if he desires to. Either way I still would like to see it returned to the former incarnation.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The discussion board complained about this when the change was made months back but Founder did not address it
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    I don't recall that, I'm not here all the time and I don't check all the discussions so maybe I missed it. Anyway maybe Founder will consider changing it now if it's not too big a PITA for him.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ I doubt it. Papi is right, this was one of the first complaints about the new system, but no change or even a word about it from Founder.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    I’ve made same request a few times in threads and not in direct ask PM to founder. Crickets
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Agree. Should be changed back the way it was.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I also agree that it was better before. Sometimes I want to find a link to an old thread that I started because it is topical for a current thread, but they're too far buried now.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    agree.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    Agree.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Hard agree.

It's now easier to find my historical content using Google rather than TUSCL. And it's not easy finding my historical content via Google.

So...
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    Agree here too. Wholeheartedly.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    so what you're saying is you like it the way it is now?
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @founder LOL no. 'twas better when it was broken down in terms of types of posts...reply posts, threads started posts, reviews, review comments, articles written, etc.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @founder while we are asking you to be generous on this (mostly) free website, can we get a Politics discussion room and also a Parking Lot one? The Front Room would then require at least one published review or article to enter it and the parking lot is like the Front Room is now where any bum from off the street can post to it.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I don’t give a damn one way or the other, the only thing I want is the two way block reinstated that will eliminate all of the problems we currently have
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I agree 25, but I'm going to set aside the two-way block topic for the sake of staying on topic.

The way contribution content was organized previously wasn't broken. I truly don't understand why it was changed.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    SirLap... I honestly don't think fragmenting the forum into more boards is the answer. It's just going to make this place more Byzantine for no good benefit.

Put a one-review requirement the Front Room? You'll have a bunch of profiles trying to submit plausible fake reviews to get access. That has already happened here in VIP.

Create a politics board? I don't think it'll get a lot of traffic. Because most of the guys in those threads are more interested in name calling and trolling each other. It's not *really* about politics in most cases. And people who troll want attention from the largest possible audience. They won't get that in a Politics-Only forum.

My 2 cents.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    But hey... what the hell do I know?

Suddenly, a slew of new boards are upon us. I hope my post above is wrong.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @Ishmael I like the changes. Using verification as a criteria is better than what I proposed. Ultimately I'd just like to see some separation between those that leech on the site and don't contribute and those that do by doing something like writing a review or article. In addition to politics as stand alone, these are my only suggested separations. Oh and a Dancers only room.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @founder thanks for the politics room! 👍👏

It clears up the Front Room threads in a good way. I know we have thread ignore but when over half the threads are about politics it merits a separate room.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Guess founder got bored he's trolling you lol
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ at the moment it looks like he's trolling anyone that wants to post in the Politics forum lol

And if trolling is him taking and implementing my suggestion then troll away lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I hadn't noticed the Politics Room, I didn't scroll down far-enough - perhaps it should be renamed "Off Topic" and everything non SC-related goes there
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    @founder, roll level: expert.

LOL!
  • judhagai
    5 years ago
    Who the fuck even wants politics? We are one nation united by our love for SC.. holy hell politics is such a downer ..
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Looks like the politics specific room proposal has been downvoted by founder per the Front Room’s new tagline
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Correction, and shame on me for not noticing the new Politics Room
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    "so what you're saying is you like it the way it is now?"

Lol, Founder It seems obvious that the majority that responded here preferred the previous way. I don't know how feasible it would be to change it back but if you could/would, I and many others would appreciate it.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    ^Yes PLEASE
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion