tuscl

Size matters... Some short reviews are valid.

Call.Me.Ishmael
Rhode Island
For example, if the club is closed.

https://www.tuscl.net/review.php?id=3587…

I'm possibly less forgiving of short reviews than some review adjudicators, but I do take a few seconds to see if there's a good reason for a very short review. It's easy... because it's short.

19 comments

• shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I agree that public service announcements are helpful and certainly don't need to be long. Also for clubs with no or extremely outdated reviews.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    I think he should have written a 3000-word essay exploring the socioeconomic factors that led to the club closure.

What a parasite...
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I would reject it. Not enough details.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    This review thing is getting rediculous
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    As 1 wag posted, how do you evaluate dancer hotness, club atmosphere, value for $$ spent if there are no dancers in club, and you didn't spend a damn cent. Afaic, non existent review for non existent club. There's a way to notify founder that club is closed, and he'll so note. Also can post in club discussion section.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Here is how you give intel on a closed club.
    Go to the most recent 3 reviews and make comment in the comments section that the club no longer exists. Problem solved.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    I'm just waiting for the day when tuscl turns into Yelp and I can tell dancers i have a VIP badge on tuscl so i'll give her club a 2 star bump if she gives me a $20 discount on a bj
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I'll agree that putting a remark on the last review is probably the best way to handle clubs being closed.Back it up with notice to Founder but I have found him unreliable about promptly editing club info.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    It’s four free weeks. Who cares. If the club is closed, that’s useful info and I’d happily spend Founder’s “money” and award four free weeks.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Though short (by necessity) I didn't feel like the reviewer was acting in bad faith, so I'd let it pass.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    I've approved some of them, because I know the process to mark a club as closed can be slow and people often don't read the comments. I've actually submitted one or two of those "this club is closed now" reviews.

I've also rejected a couple, for example I remember seeing one for a club that had a review that said it was closed.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Sometimes a review is short because there’s nothing to say yet it still has relevancy and informs
    As an example I’ll use my review of the formerly called Rain
    https://www.tuscl.net/review.php?id=3437…
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    People are going to start writing "closed club" reviews on clubs that are open just to get a month of free VIP, knowing guys will approve it. Just message founder, and he will has the page marked as closed in 24 hours usually. That is what I have always done.

If writing reviews for closed down clubs is worth a whole month of VIP, then I could have easily had 10 years of free VIP time already (yes, I travel alot) and not had to write a single review over the last 10 years actually reviewing a club.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    From TUSCL and I assume, founder:

1)Content and length are the two most important factors to consider.

2)Be wordy. Fill the review box. One or two sentence reviews aren't helpful to anyone.

3)Give a LOT of details in your review (club layout, atmosphere, dance quality, etc.).

4)Your review should be at least 4 solid paragraphs, with 4-7 sentences each.

a)One paragraph should describe the club vibe. Mention cleanliness, thug factor, music level, dj annoyance factor, lighting, etc.

b)Another paragraph should describe the dancers and their vampiness. How many were there? What ethicities did you see? Did they seem happy to see you?

c)A third paragraph should be about value. Don't say drinks, dances, cover charge, etc. were cheap or expensive. Tell us the actual costs!

d)At least one paragraph should summarize with three or four sentences describing why you would or would not return to the club.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Should, should, should, should, and should. Not shall.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    I have used reviews to inform of club closures on two occasions in the past. I tried to craft at least one paragraph that included some reminisces about the former club so there was something there worth reading. Both were approved back when Founder did the vetting. Yeah, I know some crap reviews slide by back then, but if it was problematic he could have pulled them at any time.

The guidelines are fine, but each club listing already has dance prices, cover charges, average drink prices, and general features listed without even the need to read a review. For me, a shorter review that indicates that Cherry is DTF or Sherry is a ROB is much more useful than a lengthy description of the club layout and condition.

If club managers read this site and it would change policy, I would even be okay with a one sentence review that said "I went to Club X, they demanded to scan my ID, so I left." I wonder if they saw 10 - 15 of those in a row if the might stop that bullshit.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Clubber just stfu k thx bye.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    A detail of closure does not warrant a rejection in my book. Unless a mistake, I've never rejected a closure review.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion