tuscl

Dress codes

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:38 AM
A recent review for an Atlanta club included a requirement to wear underwear. How can a business legally require a customer to wear underwear when their own employees are not required to. Are there any other businesses that require customers to wear underwear? I have heard of similar dress codes....no sweat pants or basket ball shorts. I myself was once denied entrance for wearing sweat pants in the dead of winter. That club is now out of business. I understand the clubs reasoning. It is a deterrent to sexual activities but sexual activities are already illegal. There are also dress codes that have nothing to do with sexual activities but are intended to keep out the thug element. Even Follies has one of these and I'm OK with that but is it legal? I doubt that this will ever get challenged in the courts because most strip club customers try to keep this part of their lives on the down low.

20 comments

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    The Flight Club has a sign by the entrance that has 3 or 4 rules, such as no white T-shirts and no hoodies. This seems to be to keep out thugs. The prices alone should keep out thugs.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Shadowcat said "I doubt that this will ever get challenged in the courts because most strip club customers try to keep this part of their lives on the down low." And that's how they get away with it, legal or not. Pretty sure they're counting on no one challenging them. Also, I'm pretty sure I never want to be the guy at the door doing an underwear check. Very nice restaurants can have a jacket & tie requirement. Lots of private businesses have attire, footwear, etc., requirements for reasons ranging from safety to "ambiance". When you step into a private business, there are many legal restrictions on your freedoms that don't exist on public property or in your own home. Let me ask the question from another angle... why would it be illegal?
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Dress codes are legal. They could require you to wear the underwear on your head if they want to. I guess some lawyer might be able to make some kind of argument that a particular dress code is designed to target a particular racial group and is therefore illegal discrimination, but I’d doubt it would be successful.
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    Dress codes are annoying. I was once denied admission to a club for wearing nice looking black work out pants. The woman in line behind me (also a customer) was admitted wearing black leggings. I asked why the obvious gender discrimination on dress code enforcement--- "that's just the way it is" was the answer I received. At a different club I asked about the rationale for the posted dress code (no sweat pants, no athletic shorts) and the female attendant said, "because men get erections and the dancers don't want to deal with that." Does this logic mean that dress pants and underwear prevent erections??
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    I guess they think because it’s their property they can set whatever dress standard they want. I can’t see how they could legally enforce it though. Making people show their underwear would probably be seen as sexual harassment.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Wow! Shadowcat goes to clubs to hang out with other dudes. He must want it easier to play the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" game.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    “Dress codes are legal. They could require you to wear the underwear on your head if they want to. ” Dr. Evil is correct. A business can legally impose almost any rule it wants on its patrons. It may be an unsound business practice but as long as it doesn’t violate the requirements or prohibitions of any existing statute, there is no illegality. In our system of law, anything that is not forbidden is allowed. Even though we like to complain that there are too many overreaching or intrusive laws, the reality is that laws govern only a small subset of the range our daily activities or potential activities.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I don't mind dress codes. But I that is something I would like to know before I go to a particular club. I sometimes mention those things in Reviews that I do.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    My guess is that there was enough of a problem related to customers not wearing underwear for them to bother with a sign like that. As long as jizz isn’t getting spilled places that doesn’t need to be there, or customers aren’t flashing anything out in the open, or the customer is dressed in a way that the lack of underwear is blatantly obvious, I doubt they will do much to enforce the sign.
  • JohnSmith69
    5 years ago
    What Atlanta club requires underwear? Never heard that one before. Dress codes are legal but the problem I see here is enforcement. In order to enforce this, they have to look down customers’ pants. And in order not to discriminate they have to do that with every customer, male and female, black and white. We all know this doesn’t happen. Instead, they only check the creepy looking losers who look like they are there to shop for $10 blow jobs. For me personally, if a bouncer wants to look down my pants I would tell him that I will call the cops and have him arrested for assault.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    JS69 - see [view link]
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Its interesting. Does the club allow women customers? If the dress code applies only to one gender then its illegal. Do they check to see if you're wearing underwear?? lmfao
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Job opening: Underwear inspector!
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I wonder if you could wear a kilt with underwear?
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    I would guess they put the underwear requirement in because they didn't want a kilt wearer playing (with) his bagpipes in the club. Now that's discriminating against Scotsmen.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Someone - I think Papi - mentioned this previously at that particular club. I think the mention was that they check you like they do when you go to a regular club, checking under your pants for a waistband. Of course, anyone could just go to the bathroom and take off whatever once they got inside. In general, I have no problem with dress codes even though some club owners may think I look like the type they want to keep out. Shoot, as we all know - and have to remind people whenever a related post comes up - slacks or dress pants are better to wear at the SC than jeans anyway. Also, it's pretty easy to make an outfit with basketball shorts look more 'respectable' than one with pants or slacks (matching helps a lot). I've gone to plenty of clubs dressed in such a manner and been complimented - almost as often as when I wear dress shirts and pants. As long as people look presentable, most clubs won't care - code or otherwise.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Sounds like a tough rule to get around...wait ...wear underwear into the club....take it off.....throw it in the trash. There is a reason for this rule as a skilled dancer can actually use her butt to expose the schlong during a lap dance, which wouldn't be possible with underwear.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I like clubs with dress codes it keeps knuckleheads and gangster wanna be’s out of the club.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    In AMPs, you are supposed to get naked, so it makes that aspect of it easier. The girls can be in mini-dresses and high heels. Works quite well. Usually get her softened up and DFKing, then remove her dress. SJG
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    I bet anything every dress code is enforced selectively though. You see it at any kind of club. I know I've been let into a lot of places even when I wasn't dressed according to their dress code.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion