tuscl

Have you ever .....

skibum609
Massachusetts
driven drunk? Of course a .08% b.a.c. means almost everyone here has driven legally drunk, what I mean have you ever driven when you were so drunk that you should not have? I will admit I have, but probably less than the number of times I have played golf in my life.

26 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Everyone probably has at one time or another, including myself, still doesn’t make it right or smart.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    I don't drink and have never had a drink so for me no. But pretty much all of my friends who drink have. Im always the DD when I go out with friends and that's fine with me.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Since the rise of uber, there's very little reason for me to drive drunk anymore. Even going to the city is a train ride plus Uber. I slipped up once that I can remember, in about the past 10 years, and it was many many years ago. Since then, I've kept very tight discipline on not drinking and driving
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I am amazed that in my younger days I never had an accident or a DUI.Things were a lot more lenient back then.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    True story - this took place in 1964. I had a 1956 VW bug and had been at a party in a city where I had about a 25 mile drive home. I knew I was really plastered so I took back roads. I went off the road, hit a phone pole and into a ditch. Police arrived & put me in the back of the cruiser. A tow truck arrive,d and pulled the car out of the ditch. The police officer & I had this conversation:
    PO: You been drinking?
    Me: No sir!
    PO:C’mon, I can smell it from here. How much did you have?
    Me: 3 or 4,I guess.
    PO: I’m gunna do you a favor. I’m filling out a form. The question is Has the operator been drinking? I’m checking No.
    Me: Thank you sir.
    PO: What happened?
    Me: I’m not sure. I guess I fell asleep.
    PO: That’s “Driving to endanger” y’know. I saw some ice back there. If I were you I’d say you skidded on the ice.
    Me: I skidded on some ice, sir
    PO: How fast were you going?
    Me: I guess about 45
    PO: That’s too fast for existing conditions. I’d say 35 if I was you.
    Me: 35
    PO: Your car’s all set
    (One fender and headlight were in the back seat. The other headlight was aimed at treetops)
    PO: it’s funning okay. Think you can make it home?
    Me: yes sir. Thank you sir.

Think times have changed?
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    @hr48hr +1

“Being the designated driver is an important job. As the designated driver, you are responsible for making sure that everyone who is riding with you makes it home safely.

The most rewarding part of being a designated driver is the knowledge that the people you care about got home safely and did not run the risk of being arrested for a DUI.”
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I had a friend of mine that got pulled over for DUI. The cops took his car keys, threw them in the trunk and slammed it closed. Told him to take a taxi home. Yes things were different.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Unfortunately, yes. But not since my sobriety date, which is February 28th, 2012.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Except when my non drinking cousin drives I am always DD. Just atypical in that role./
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Maybe a couple of times in my college days. I'm a severely timid driver if I ever drink. I become overly cautious and drive real slow if I think I am even close. But I haven't even done that in years. Two drinks and I"m stopping these days.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    I have done it on the past. I went to eat one night and fot some reason did not drink. I had planned on it and ended up drinking Arnold Palmers instead and that seemed to hit the spot. On the way home I was pulled over for speeding and the cop was only interested in weather or not I was drinking. He let me go on the speeding. That was enough of a scare for me.

After that I got a CDL and the limit on tjat license is .04 instead of .08
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    I remember when I was underage with friends at the beach after dark. We had a bonfire, beers, girls and guitars. What a perfect night. On the drive home about 3AM I get pulled over. The cop must have known I was drinking, but he just warned me to watch how fast I went around a curve in the road and sent me on my way. I really escaped one that time and have been very careful ever since. Now I rarely have more then one or two drinks when I am away from home.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    In the last 10 years, once. It wasn't a good decision by any stretch, but there were extenuating circumstances. Not like I just went out and had too much to drink then proceeded to drive home. Not an excuse, but it is what it is. When I was younger, probably a few times. I was invincible back then though, so it's okay...

Nowadays it's quite rare that I actually get that drunk at all, even more rare that I do it when I'm not someplace I plan to stay, and almost never when I don't already have a plan to get home. The few times I've been out and had a few too many, I've caught an Uber home. Even a ~300 Uber is a fuck of a lot cheaper than a DUI or accident, or both.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Quite a few times, in my foolish youth.
    Not after I got married, had kids.

Lucky I was. Sober now for 8+ years.
  • woodstock
    5 years ago
    I plead a fifth.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i like that.

i first read ‘i plead the fifth.’
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    With Uber around its impossible to justify doing it. In the past I would have but either blacked out before being able to drive off or someone would take my keys.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I strib club at 3 places: one is 25 miles away; one is 37 miles away and one is 48 miles away. I ain't taking uber or lyft.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I wouldn't travel that far for a club. I usually go like 10 to 15 miles and think that's far...
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I make sure my chances of running into a client are zero. I can buy weed legally at 3 different places within a 10 mile radius of my home. We drive 75 miles each way.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    That's understandable....its better to be safe in that respect.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    You don't want to see me drive the shit truck drunk. I could crash and have explosive diarrhea everywhere
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    In my younger years more times than I care to admit. A couple of times when I had to go look outside the next morning to make sure the car was there. I won't even talk about how a relative and I got back to San Diego from Tijuana 3 nights running, after drinking more no name tequila than I could easily carry.

But I just can't drink like that anymore, nor do I want to. I guess that's a good thing given how much tougher every place is getting now with DUIs.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    But I also think we've gone too far with it now in some ways. The people who kill others aren't generally the ones blowing .10 and catching a DUI for it - they are the fuckers who blow .30 and up after pounding down endless shots and those people are going to do it regardless. I think it's become way too much of a money maker now for certain cities and towns.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Pants on fire
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Its a deterrent to not get even more fucked up....
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion